C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Question for those who have taken their cars in for service campaign 2006-030011

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 02:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 GL550
Question for those who have taken their cars in for service campaign 2006-030011

For those who have taken their cars in for the service campaign 2006-030011, what differences have you noticed after you got the car back?

I took my car in for the recall last weekend and ever since, I noticed the car is a little different. When I fire up the car, the revs sometimes seem to shoot up much higher than before then fall back down. I noticed what seems to be the car slightly rumbling or sputtering sometimes when I'm stopped at a stoplight and I release the brake slightly so that the car rolls forward slowly, but instead of rolling forward smoothly, it kind of sputters forward, when I release the brake all the way, it feels fine. It almost feels like a fluctuating idle, it's not violent or anything, but it is noticeable. And this doesn't happen every time I stop at a light...its weird.

A relay replacement and the ECU reprogramming were done during this recall.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
I see it when I start the car also,

it revs up then after 30 sec it shakes alittle and then its normal after its warm. I was gonna wait till someone had the same problem.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
Originally Posted by Trekman
I see it when I start the car also,

it revs up then after 30 sec it shakes alittle and then its normal after its warm. I was gonna wait till someone had the same problem.
FWIW - I went in for this campaign and haven't had any problems.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:38 PM

2012 GL550
Sometimes when I shut off the car it shakes a little while shutting off also.

When this shaking/rumble happens and I tap the gas a little, it smooths out. Maybe it's idle related. Sometimes it really feels like a rough idle, but the tach needle doesn't jump up and down.

Is 500-550 rpm in Drive with brakes on at a stoplight normal?

Idle in park is around 600-700.

Thanks.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What you are talking about sounds like a vacuum leak. I would not be surprised if they accidentally pulled or damaged a vacuum hose, fitting or intake boot or something when completing the recall work. I can make my car behave that way by simply pulling the oil dipstick out enough to break the seal while the car is idling. I hope I'm wrong, of course.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:23 PM

2012 GL550
Is a vacuum hose hard to diagnose? I made an appointment to take the car back in to have it checked. The service advisor gave me the excuse that none of the programming or relay work affects the problem I'm having....it was fine before it went in. Would they be able to tell if its a vacuum leak problem by hooking it up to their computers or whichever usual way they use to diagnose problems.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:43 AM

02 C32R
my question is will it affect the Renntech program???
Old 05-05-2006, 03:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Originally Posted by bnz616
I noticed what seems to be the car slightly rumbling or sputtering sometimes when I'm stopped at a stoplight and I release the brake slightly so that the car rolls forward slowly, but instead of rolling forward smoothly, it kind of sputters forward, when I release the brake all the way, it feels fine. It almost feels like a fluctuating idle, it's not violent or anything, but it is noticeable. And this doesn't happen every time I stop at a light...its weird.
I havent done the service yet but mine has always done that, and I've asked the dealer about it, but they said it was normal afer running a bunch of tests.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:30 PM

Altima
What is this service bulletin? I got nothing in the mail. Does it apply to all C32?
Old 05-05-2006, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes all C32
Old 05-05-2006, 11:16 PM

2012 GL550
Originally Posted by psk145
I havent done the service yet but mine has always done that, and I've asked the dealer about it, but they said it was normal afer running a bunch of tests.
Mine has always rumbled a little at stoplights with the brake on, but now it does it more and actually feels like a rough idle and sometimes feels like the car is going to die out. Usually when it rumbles more like that and I get back on the gas...once I touch it, it is extremely reponsive and kinda lurches forward...as if I was powerbraking and the rpms are up. It's hard to describe, but it definately doesn't feel right and I'll be taking it back in to have it checked.

Anybody know where the relay is for the secondary injection pump? I want to look around and see if theres anything unplugged.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:36 AM

AMG Grocery Getter
my car shakes a bit too when i am on the brake in D at a stoplight. and it shake quiet violently if i left go of the brakes a bit so the car roll forward a little. i guess is normal since you guys have the same thing happening too.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I had the stealer look into the rumbling during one of my service appointments. They came back with "Normal characteristics of an AMG motor".
Old 05-06-2006, 03:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
so maybe bnz616's car is running the way it should be with the recall
Old 05-06-2006, 10:23 AM

2006 C55/400HP HONDA S2000
WOW my car does the same thing but i just let it be ..... im a advisor so i hate when people complain about stupid things so i was not going to say anything....im gonna check if my car has the recall/bulletin
Old 05-08-2006, 02:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Based upon what I've been reading here, I don't think I'm going to have the recall service - it sounds like it creates more problems than it solves!
Old 05-08-2006, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I only have the slight shaking when the car starts but after it warms up its normal.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:19 PM

05' C230K S.S.
Dude, guys - dealers blow... I have a 05' C230K S.S. & have had the same problem, the stuttering at stoplights, I have also noticed it when i come to a stop after exiting freeway offramps, don't believe them when they tell you that it's a "characteristic of an AMG motor", dealers are full of "technicians" nowadays, not mechanics, all technicians can do is change out a part a computer tells them to, most of them have little to no diagnostic skills, even if they did, the time it would take them to correctly diagnose the problem & fix it probably wouldn't be allowed by the service manager because it would lose money, you can't even talk to the damn technician thats performing the work anyway, you have to go through some damn woman on the phone & she types down what you say, the old school way of going to your mechanic talking with him, and having him actually take the time to explain to you whats going on is in my opinion long since dead unless your one of the lucky ones that still has one of these great men around. Unless the computer throws a code to let the tech. now theres something wrong they just make up some damn excuse.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:48 PM

2012 GL550
Originally Posted by m3_eater
Based upon what I've been reading here, I don't think I'm going to have the recall service - it sounds like it creates more problems than it solves!
I wouldn't say that, maybe something got screwed up when they did my car. Has anybody else had problems after the recall? I think I came by some threads and responses by members who said their cars felt much smoother and stronger. I don't see how the relay upgrade for the seconday air pump could cause it. Maybe they screwed up on my ecu reprogram... I'm assuming its likely that the problem I'm having is related to something that was done to my car during the recall work because I noticed it the next day after I picked my car up. Now if only I knew what the problem is.

Originally Posted by Trekman
I only have the slight shaking when the car starts but after it warms up its normal.
Mine seems to do it more when the car is warmed up.

We'll see what they say when I take the car back in..hope they don't charge me for diagnostic...I think the lady on the phone wrote down appointment for "rejected recall" or "recall reject"...soemthing like that. If they don't find anything, I'll take it to the mechanic.

BTW, could a dying intercooler pump cause something like this?..just curious.

Last edited by bnz616; 05-08-2006 at 11:54 PM.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i dont think so I just replaced mine back in november
Old 05-09-2006, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
i took my car in not long ago. the tech refused to perform the recall becuase i had an aftermarket chip...
Old 05-10-2006, 02:37 PM
Almost a Member!

C32 AMG Maserati Coupe GT
Originally Posted by bnz616
For those who have taken their cars in for the service campaign 2006-030011, what differences have you noticed after you got the car back?

I took my car in for the recall last weekend and ever since, I noticed the car is a little different.
Yes, I have noticed that too. My car now hesitate when driving off on level ground, then it stops as soon as I press the gas paddle. And the car's response is slower too, kick down pattern seems to be different too.

I tried to listen to the I/C pump after shutting off the engin, but it's not there anymore. I don't know if the ECU update has anothing to do with it or my pump is now dead.

I am planning to bring my car in next week. How is yours running now, what did the dealer say?

Mine is C32 2002.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:19 PM

2011 C63, 2004 S500, 2013 E350, 2013 Ody Elite
I had my 2nd air injection pump and relay changes back in 2004 due to the faulty relay that won't turn off the pump after the ignition is off, so the pump burn itself up right at the dealer. (My work just happen to be few blocks from the dealer) After change, nothing feel different on idel.

Yesterday I just bring my car in again for this recall and 2005-03003 recall (weather seal bottom strip on doors on models 203,209 and 220) plus the jerky transmission when cold @35-45mph (possible glycol contamination).

Now I'm worry that if they really need to replace entire tranny, tq converter and radiators...what if they screw up by not align the tranny properly and the car blow up after the warranty expired... with auto tranny, it hard to notice until is too late.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:37 PM

C63, SLK55
Originally Posted by dchao
Yes, I have noticed that too. My car now hesitate when driving off on level ground, then it stops as soon as I press the gas paddle. And the car's response is slower too, kick down pattern seems to be different too.

I tried to listen to the I/C pump after shutting off the engin, but it's not there anymore. I don't know if the ECU update has anothing to do with it or my pump is now dead.

I am planning to bring my car in next week. How is yours running now, what did the dealer say?

Mine is C32 2002.

I'm having the same symptoms you're having here. it happened exactly after the recall service was done, I never had these issues. The car also now wouldn't accelerate most of the times at speeds of 50+ miles per hour when I floor it. The car revs up to the max but accelerates like a C240, almost feels like the S/C is choking. The cars performance and responsiveness is definitely worse and I'm not happy about this service at all.

Is your check engine light on? My check engine light went off 2 weeks prior to taking the car. I checked the error code with my own diagnostic software and it came up as a P0410 -- secondary AIR injection pump. 2-3 days later I receive the recall letter from MB about the secondary air injection pump malfunction, I almost though they were spying on me because of the perfect timing!!!.
The service rep told me that my secondary air injection pump was dead when I got the car back and they wouldn't replace it because it's not part of the recall.... whatever changes they did definitely screwed up the cars behavior. Hoping to take it in next week to get the secondary air injection pump replaced and I hope that solves the issue. I read somewhere that when the relay goes bad the Sec air injection pump dies with it so I really don’t understand why MB wouldn’t replace the pump with the recall??? It’s seems obvious to me that the cars performance is hindered by performing the relay change and leaving a dead pump!!!
Old 05-10-2006, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

dude even if your car is out of warranty the pump should be covered still for 8 years or so. it has to do with your emissions. to take it back and have them replaced it. tell them that on your manual its said everything that has to do with emissions is still under warranty.

Originally Posted by BLK_HALO
I'm having the same symptoms you're having here. it happened exactly after the recall service was done, I never had these issues. The car also now wouldn't accelerate most of the times at speeds of 50+ miles per hour when I floor it. The car revs up to the max but accelerates like a C240, almost feels like the S/C is choking. The cars performance and responsiveness is definitely worse and I'm not happy about this service at all.

Is your check engine light on? My check engine light went off 2 weeks prior to taking the car. I checked the error code with my own diagnostic software and it came up as a P0410 -- secondary AIR injection pump. 2-3 days later I receive the recall letter from MB about the secondary air injection pump malfunction, I almost though they were spying on me because of the perfect timing!!!.
The service rep told me that my secondary air injection pump was dead when I got the car back and they wouldn't replace it because it's not part of the recall.... whatever changes they did definitely screwed up the cars behavior. Hoping to take it in next week to get the secondary air injection pump replaced and I hope that solves the issue. I read somewhere that when the relay goes bad the Sec air injection pump dies with it so I really don’t understand why MB wouldn’t replace the pump with the recall??? It’s seems obvious to me that the cars performance is hindered by performing the relay change and leaving a dead pump!!!

Last edited by Trekman; 05-10-2006 at 04:04 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Question for those who have taken their cars in for service campaign 2006-030011