C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

InterCooler Pump Replaced Testimony "WOW"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32, C55, C63,Clk550, E63 RennTech Tuned
InterCooler Pump Replaced Testimony "WOW"

Well after experiencing hesitation while my foot was heavy to the metal and my car had NO get up and go! The first time I thought "I am never buying from that gas station again!" But when it happened a second time - All hell broke lose.

I am like what's the point in having this unpredictable beast..

After researching the Forum and hoping that I had concocted the right diagonisis. Off I went to the dealership! Still under warranty and ready to kick butt. My objective was simple, get fixed or join the trade-in market. M45 or GS430 (no way they compare) here I come!

At the dealership my service guy as usual had the biggest smile on his face which made me more angry. I said, look man my car hesitates and will not accelerate on demand. He says, I'ts probably your intercooler pump but wont know for sure until it has a diagnostic checkup. I'm thinking, Dude, you're lucky because had he said anything else.. It was ON!!

Service guy called me to confirm the problem and it was fixed that day. Pick up the car and LORDY!! I was driving a different car. I pressed on the gas and my ESP light was on fire! I am like all that time my car wasn't at its full potential. DAMN! I missed out on a lot of fun

I am back and still a believer of AMG!!

This is an Awesome forum. Thanks

Last edited by gswc32; 05-19-2006 at 03:17 PM.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:07 PM

02 C32 Amg - Green Filters, Less Resonator, Also 2003 BMW E46 M3 19" CSL wheels some exterior mods.
how did you know your intercooler pump was out. ? diagnostic checkup? maybe I need to do that. actually no because my car breaks traction all over the place and I have 19"s. Maybe the fact that's it like 120 degrees in this *******g deesert doesn't help much..

I love the heat.

Congrats on the " new ride"

vic32amg
Old 05-19-2006, 08:23 PM

C32, C55, C63,Clk550, E63 RennTech Tuned
The first time, I was at the light and just floored it! It had no umph at all. The second time, I was on the highway at 85mph and just when I decided to go a little faster, no response.

The Dealer said that the I/C is supposed to work under any climate. I would get it checked out if I were you. If you are out of Warranty, visit the E55 forum and search for the Johnson Pump. After my warranty ends, might be the next / most important mod.

Thanks it truly feels like new.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:29 PM

02 C32 Amg - Green Filters, Less Resonator, Also 2003 BMW E46 M3 19" CSL wheels some exterior mods.
to be honest my car still flies. when ever I drive hard. but usually I just cruise around. But when I get on it it feels like a jet fighter ( even with 19"s that weigh a ton) but whatever. i'm glad to hear you finally got what you paid for. The only problem I have with my car is that the gearbox is an auto. I can't take it anymore.

thanks
Marty Mcfly
Old 05-19-2006, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
welcome to the club....im on my 3rd or 4th intercooler pump