C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

My seat just stopped working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 03:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Pewter C32
My seat just stopped working

I cannot adjust my seat, does anyone know where the fuse is for the seat, I scrolled though the menus on the steering wheel and it shows no malfunctions. I didn't try the pass. seat but the drivers side is stuck, I have to sit way back it sucks.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
I have had my drivers side electronic control module replaced at least 4 times now. All under warranty luckily. My car is actually in the shop now getting it fixed yet again. My problem turns out to be a wire under the seat track that had wires exposed and when the seat was moved it would short out the control module. It took them 4 times to figure this out at the dealer..

They had to order a wiring harness which is going to take about 5 days to come in.. This majorly sucks.. every time I would get my car washed or take it in for service the module would short out when they moved my seat..

Does it make a clicking noise at all? or is it just nothing? mine would give like a clicking noise as first, then when the control module shorted out.. it wouldn't do anything..
Old 05-25-2006, 03:36 PM

2003 Pewter C32
I just get nothing, I did move the seat back yesterday and today it just doesn't move and the steering wheel and mirrors don't go where they should, it does majorly suck
Old 05-25-2006, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32
Check your fuse box

I had the same problem. For me, it was a blown fuse. I replaced the fuse and some of my problems are gone. Everything works except I can't recline the seat back anymore...I think it is a short.

Anyway, back to topic. Open the fuse box that is to the left of the steering wheel. Check fuse #27. Replace if blown and hopefully you will get some movement back.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:54 PM

2003 Pewter C32
Thanks everyone, I know there are like three fuse boxes so I was trying to narrow it down, in the meantime I called the dealer to order the seat module for me anyway
Old 05-26-2006, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG 2002
yeah i had the same problem... control module replaced under warrenty.... it was actually really wierd, the seat would move, except for the back... it only moved foward, by time i figured it out i was completely upright for a week, did wonders for my back.
Old 05-27-2006, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
OMG.. I just got my car back from the dealer.. fixing a tranny problem and replacing the wiring harness under my seat and control module..

My wife got in the car and tried to lower her headrest.. nothing, the whole passenger seat module is blown.. My car has been there two damn weeks and they didn't test the passenger seat when they had it? It was working fine when I brought it in two weeks ago.. guess they broke it when replacing the other side.. amazing how incompetent they can be..
I had to take the car back for a tranny problem cause they didnt attach some linkage well enough and the car wouldn't go into park or reverse..