C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Yet another V1 install on C55 with pictures

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yet another V1 install on C55 with pictures

Some of the information was gathered from other posts but here is one with some pictures and some details:

1) Remove the lamp cover by using a large coin in the oval section shown below.

2) Next, push the white tabs (circled above) behind the lamp cover toward the front of the car and then pull the overhead console down. As you can see below, if you don't pull the white tab, you will have a hard time pulling the console down because it is locked in by a metal clip.

3) Find the wire shown (gray and blue) and use a small knife to strip away some of the insulation around the wiring about 1 inch away from the connector. You only need to strip away enough to ensure contact with the wire tap. Since the wire is so small, the insulation won't get cut if you just squeeze the wire tap together.

Note: You will need to use scissors to cut back the black wrap around the wires. You want to be at least 1 inch away so that you have room to work and in case you screw up...

4) Clamp the blue wire tap provided by Valentine One around the portion of the wire you exposed in step 3. However, before closing the tap, use some small pliers and squeeze the metal clip around the wire so the wire does not get loose. The wire tap is designed for a larger wire so if you don't strip away some of the insulation and tighten the connection, it will likely get loose in the near future.

5) Finally attach the ground to the location shown below:

6) Push everything inside and close it up. Leave as much wire exposed to the V1 as you need. I left about 8 inches so I can reposition as needed:

7) Here is the side view. Does anyone know if the black dots in the windshield affect the radar's performance?

Old 05-27-2006, 06:25 PM

'05 C55 AMG
thanks for posting up a guide with pics. i'd move the detector slightly to the left away from the black dots. better safe than sorry.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
so the actual piece only needs to be connected to power, right?
will this be the same on a c230k?
Old 05-27-2006, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
lol dude, move the radar away from the black dots!!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2006, 09:13 PM

C32 AMG 2002
not to mention its going to be real hard for the v1 to pick up an signal coming from the rear of the car.... I had mine in the same place but moved it on the right side of the mirror just below the dots... then i went stealth and hid the display

Old 05-28-2006, 03:47 PM

2017 C43 Sedan
The V1 works 100% behind the black dots in picking up radar (X, K, & Ka) but will not pick up any laser while behind the black dots.

Detecting laser is pointless anyway, get a Blinder M-20 X-Treme Laser Jammer to really protect against laser threats.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Originally Posted by carnutC55
The V1 works 100% behind the black dots in picking up radar (X, K, & Ka) but will not pick up any laser while behind the black dots.

Detecting laser is pointless anyway, get a Blinder M-20 X-Treme Laser Jammer to really protect against laser threats.
It may work 100% but won't be 100% efficient. Put your hand in front of the V1, partially covering the front window...see...yes..it's still picking up the radar signal but it's giving a weaker signal/warning.

Simple simple simple physics: Obstruct path, obstruct what will go through the path.

Moreoever V1 warns of simple tint on their website that affects transmission quality. What do you think fatty black dots will do?

Trending Topics

Old 05-28-2006, 05:53 PM

C32 AMG 2002

Originally Posted by The Godfather
It may work 100% but won't be 100% efficient. Put your hand in front of the V1, partially covering the front window...see...yes..it's still picking up the radar signal but it's giving a weaker signal/warning.

Simple simple simple physics: Obstruct path, obstruct what will go through the path.

Moreoever V1 warns of simple tint on their website that affects transmission quality. What do you think fatty black dots will do?
Old 05-28-2006, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVE
Originally Posted by SFoRZA
not to mention its going to be real hard for the v1 to pick up an signal coming from the rear of the car.... I had mine in the same place but moved it on the right side of the mirror just below the dots... then i went stealth and hid the display

Question: what other modules are needed to run the V1 concealed display? I bought the concealed, wired it up all nice but the signals still won't transfer to the concealed unit. Just wondering, am I gonna need the auxilary input?

flip
Old 05-28-2006, 09:20 PM

C32 AMG 2002
Originally Posted by mig888
Question: what other modules are needed to run the V1 concealed display? I bought the concealed, wired it up all nice but the signals still won't transfer to the concealed unit. Just wondering, am I gonna need the auxilary input?

flip
Thats odd...

so you have it connected like the directions say, and yet you cant recieve the signals on the remote display?