C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Purchased the ASP ODPS Today!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 09:42 PM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Purchased the ASP ODPS Today!

i drove over to check out ASP and their operation today. Lee is a nice guy and took the time to show me a couple of things on my car and answer my questions. They will actually be done next week and i will install them once i get them in my hot little hands. very excited and looking forward to taking the car to the next level...

also, for those of you who were following my spark plug thread, i have decided to try out a set of the IK22's. i will let you know what i think of those as well...

AND, i will be doing the resonator delete as soon as i get the stainless steel pipe in that i ordered...
Old 06-05-2006, 11:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi C7.5 S6
So, did Lee have a tool, to lock the flexplate (flywheel), so the Harmonic
balancer bolt can be removed with a normal flex handle and pipe extension?

This would make more sense, than removing a bunch of stuff, so one could use
an air impact tool, to remove. One should use a torque wrench to put the bolt back on anyway.

Most cars will generally run better with new plugs, if the plugs have a lot of miles on them.

Don
Old 06-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 AMG & Sold: Mazda RX-8
1Fast,

Does their crankshaft pulley contain a harmonic balancer? This has been the one thing that I baulk at when wanting to do a pulley upgrade. The other thing is the lack of support over here in Australia. I e-mailed a Kleeman distributor here in OZ about their pulleys and I never got a reply.

Please let me know.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:15 PM

05 CLK55
Congradz~ Dont understand why i am so excited too hahaha...anxious to see some results.

Definitely keep us posted please
Old 06-05-2006, 11:47 PM

'14 428i M-Sport, '02 C32 AMG
the asp pullies do have the harmonic balancer
Old 06-05-2006, 11:49 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by m444
So, did Lee have a tool, to lock the flexplate (flywheel), so the Harmonic
balancer bolt can be removed with a normal flex handle and pipe extension?

This would make more sense, than removing a bunch of stuff, so one could use
an air impact tool, to remove. One should use a torque wrench to put the bolt back on anyway.

Most cars will generally run better with new plugs, if the plugs have a lot of miles on them.

Don
Lee does not have a tool for the flywheel, he said to use an Impact Gun...

i agree on using a torque wrench to put it back on, but it does not look like i will have that luxury unless i come up with some other way to put it back on, he said the whole job should take less than an hour...

i already have new plugs, just changing to some colder ones to see if i can get some better results with the pulleys...
Old 06-05-2006, 11:51 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by OZC32AMG
1Fast,

Does their crankshaft pulley contain a harmonic balancer? This has been the one thing that I baulk at when wanting to do a pulley upgrade. The other thing is the lack of support over here in Australia. I e-mailed a Kleeman distributor here in OZ about their pulleys and I never got a reply.

Please let me know.
ASP uses a modified stock Harmonic Dampner that they send off to be balanced individually, so there is no need to worry about it...it is a set it and forget it kind of mod....which is the best kind out there
Old 06-05-2006, 11:54 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by D_Star
Congradz~ Dont understand why i am so excited too hahaha...anxious to see some results.

Definitely keep us posted please
i will keep you guys posted, i am excited as well, can't wait to see what this thing is capable of, i have a few M3's in our local car club i want to pound on...hehe
Old 06-06-2006, 02:03 AM

AMG C43, 1999
You can put a socket on the pulley bolt and have a long handle extension that will hit firmly on the ground. Then use the starter motor to turn the nut loose. It is fast and works but I guess it could damage the starter motor. But so far it has not happened.

Of course if you remove the rad and other items to get a air gun in there you risk nothing but a little time!

Jeff
Old 06-06-2006, 11:47 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by speedybenz
You can put a socket on the pulley bolt and have a long handle extension that will hit firmly on the ground. Then use the starter motor to turn the nut loose. It is fast and works but I guess it could damage the starter motor. But so far it has not happened.

Of course if you remove the rad and other items to get a air gun in there you risk nothing but a little time!

Jeff
yup, i am just going to use the air gun, as i don't want to start breaking other things in the process...
Old 06-07-2006, 12:11 AM
Banned

S600TT, R350
1FASTC32: Sorry, but ODPS term reffers to evosport's OverDrive Pulleys Systems.

Not anyone elses. I invented the term, so I am a bit touchy and *****y about it.

All ASP does is welds an extra ring to a stock damper. Whether it works or lasts it is up to you to determine. They do not own or drive C32, for that matter. Like most shops they just COPY products, that is where their MB knowledge stops.

If you are concerned about a dampner for a C32, evosport has one in the works and will be available shortly.

I have had an original solid pulley on my C32 for the last 96,000 miles on my car w/o any failures. New dampened designis in a process of being tested for the last 7000 miles, and it is doing fine. Release will be very soon.

Call ASP's COPY anything you want, but ODPS belongs to evosport.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
I havent bought the evosport ODPS cuz I'm waiting of the dampered one to come out. I'm almost ready to go with Renntech but I keep telling myself just to wait alittle longer.

Originally Posted by Vadim @ MBSB

Not anyone elses. I invented the term, so I am a bit touchy and *****y about it.

All ASP does is welds an extra ring to a stock damper. Whether it works or lasts it is up to you to determine. They do not own or drive C32, for that matter. Like most shops they just COPY products, that is where their MB knowledge stops.

If you are concerned about a dampner for a C32, evosport has one in the works and will be available shortly.

I have had an original solid pulley on my C32 for the last 96,000 miles on my car w/o any failures. New dampened designis in a process of being tested for the last 7000 miles, and it is doing fine. Release will be very soon.

Old 06-08-2006, 11:32 PM
Banned

S600TT, R350
Dampened pulley is ready. Talk to Mike at evosport - 714.901.3100 x1
Old 06-08-2006, 11:37 PM
SPONSOR

so what is the difference between the evosport dampened crank pulley and ASP dampened crank pulley? notice i am not talking about the rest of the pulleys included in the kit, just the crank pulley...
Old 06-08-2006, 11:43 PM
Banned

S600TT, R350
Evosport's new dampened crank pulley for C32 is the same design we use on 55s. It utilizes the same friction dampening that is far superior to stock elastic rubber damper that MB uses.

It is built from from billet aluminum and does not RE-USE any MB parts.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:32 PM

'14 428i M-Sport, '02 C32 AMG
the evosport dampened pulley sounds very interesting. if you are in search for pullies, i would recommending looking into it. for as far as i know, the only drawback to the previous version was the lack of harmonic damper, which was a debated issue if it was necessary or not. but now that evosport has a dampened version, time will tell, but i think they have covered all bases. the highest dynoing c32's i have heard of are evosport pullied.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350

they said available in 2 weeks. I was gonna go with ASP but like Vadim said and another member I'm gonna go with EVOsport.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG

Might I recommend a good intellectual property attorney? ODPS might be suitable for a trademark if it gets past the "descriptive" test. For example, you could not trademark the phrase "overdrive pulley system" since that is merely descriptive of the thing itself. But ODPS might do it.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:46 PM
Banned

S600TT, R350
For example, you could not trademark the phrase "overdrive pulley system" since that is merely descriptive of the thing itself. But ODPS might do it.
I know, I could. But to do it properly through a reputable attorney is around $5000.

It is just not worth it at this time. But I do appreciate the thought. Thank you.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:41 AM

05 CLK55
Any results from the ASP pulley?

i see that more AMG owners are using ASP pulleys now, i even see E55members running in 11s using them. (if its good for them, its good for me haha) Is there any downsides? Are they really worth it? or are they like what Vadim said, their knowledge to our cars limit them to only copying the pulleies instead of creating?
Old 06-22-2006, 06:46 AM
SPONSOR

Any results from the ASP pulley?

i see that more AMG owners are using ASP pulleys now, i even see E55members running in 11s using them. (if its good for them, its good for me haha) Is there any downsides? Are they really worth it? or are they like what Vadim said, their knowledge to our cars limit them to only copying the pulleies instead of creating?
my set just got done, i am going to pick them up today or tomorrow an put them on this weekend, i will let you know...
Old 06-22-2006, 05:04 PM

05 CLK55
Great to know that i will be anticipating...
Old 06-22-2006, 05:34 PM
SPONSOR

Great to know that i will be anticipating...
got them picked up today! i will get them on this weekend and let you know...
Old 07-01-2006, 12:37 PM
SPONSOR

ok, i installed these yesterday along with some colder (IK22) plugs and went to the track....

13.3 @ 103 i ran this consistently all night...i think the car should be faster than this

so here is my question, i did not reset the battery, should i have reset it?

my MPH is the same as it was last time, but it was also colder last time i went, at least a 20 degree difference in temp. it was about 82 degrees out...

what did you other guys do that installed pullies?
Old 07-01-2006, 04:44 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
run against a C55 and you will find out. I recently installed the evosport pulley kit and the car ran significantly stronger than before and kills a lot more gas.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Purchased the ASP ODPS Today!