C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Question for Frank W??? (Brabus bumper)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Trekman
I think thats how it works when you order something I know when I ordered my xenon bulb and other stuff they always take my money first! I think you see it on most gas station "pay first before pumping gas"
I know how it works that's why I paid in full. In case its too hard for you to comprehend. The money is already sent to FrankW. I have the dispute open because ONCE AGAIN I HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE BUMPER!!! and when I do paypal dispute will be taken out. Is it really that hard to understand? I have not asked for a refund I am merely protecting my assets.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by MBZAMG32
I know how it works that's why I paid in full. In case its too hard for you to comprehend. The money is already sent to FrankW. I have the dispute open because ONCE AGAIN I HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE BUMPER!!! and when I do paypal dispute will be taken out. Is it really that hard to understand? I have not asked for a refund I am merely protecting my assets.
Alright guys, as MBZAMG32s local sponsor - I'm gonna have to say we've got a pretty big problem. Robert, your car's been at our body shop awaiting for a new bumper for nearly 2 weeks...as I'm aware TODAY was the deadline for you to have a replacement - your car is leaving the shop today whether you have one on or not...wishing this was easier for your bro.

I'll try to provide you with a spot inside our shop until that bumper gets here - luckily, it's only a few streets down.

flip
Old 06-08-2006, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by JP@CarLAB
Alright guys, as MBZAMG32s local sponsor - I'm gonna have to say we've got a pretty big problem. Robert, your car's been at our body shop awaiting for a new bumper for nearly 2 weeks...as I'm aware TODAY was the deadline for you to have a replacement - your car is leaving the shop today whether you have one on or not...wishing this was easier for your bro.

I'll try to provide you with a spot inside our shop until that bumper gets here - luckily, it's only a few streets down.

flip
That's nice Jose...btw, how's your showroom doing?
Old 06-08-2006, 02:21 PM

Looking pretty marvelous if I do say so myself . Just got a few custom steering wheels in today - should throw up pictures soon!

flip
Old 06-08-2006, 04:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by FrankW

and Neal, how have I f***ed him over? I'm the one that's without the bumper I'm responsible for for my friend and with a $1220 dispute on paypal for something that I already shipped.
Frank, I think you need to re read my post earlier. I never said you did anything wrong. I am pointing out the obvious since Alexbenz said that since someone has lots of posts and is a paying sponsor here that it means purchasing from them is 100% safe. I think Harris was one of the most respected guys here, he knew a lot and I think almost everyone bought from him at one time. Now look, he went from posting daily to never posting and never returning peoples money. But again, this is not directed to you, it can make people worry about purchasing from anyone online, including myself! But I can understand that, no one wants to give away their hard earned money on something they didn't get. Like Bif powell said, the Internet is a wild place!
Old 06-09-2006, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
is this on every forum? i go to a mma forum too.. should i expect to see it there as well?
Old 06-09-2006, 02:13 AM

C32 AMG
no its not a refund. this is much worse. when you ask for a refund, the seller GIVES you your money back rather than you trying to take it from him like when you dispute a charge. also in a refund, frank would have him merchandise in hand while he gave you the money.

nope sorry you're wrong
Old 06-09-2006, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Instead of all this drama..MBZAMG32 Should have done this since he didnt want to pay for Fed Ex or UPS..Per Franks statement..And Crying about a rental car
Hop into the rental car and DRIVE down and pick the bumper up and Pay for it in Cash..Game over...But thats Way tooooo Simple
Old 06-09-2006, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 E63 Obsidiant Black; '06 R350 Alabaster White; 05 C55 Obsidiant Black (sold)
No offense but i feel funny..
If this guy was dealing with some unknown ppl, you guys would go like "This guy is trying to jack your money, go sue him and find somebody to beat the crxp of him"..
and now with Frank, you guys go like "Dont cry like a baby just because u havn't recieve your bumper yet, just fxxking pay extra for other delivery company u dumb shxt."
you guys sure have double standards..
I mean, im not saying Frank is a bad guy or anything, but i think MBZAMG32 is doing the right thing on the dispute thing .. he havn't recieve his bumper on the date he should have, and he cant get the track number... however i do think he should not post this everywhere on the forum.

Last edited by RW C55; 06-09-2006 at 01:17 PM.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by MARK CUMMINS
Instead of all this drama..MBZAMG32 Should have done this since he didnt want to pay for Fed Ex or UPS..Per Franks statement..And Crying about a rental car
Hop into the rental car and DRIVE down and pick the bumper up and Pay for it in Cash..Game over...But thats Way tooooo Simple
Robert has had a rental car for nearly 3 weeks.

flip
Old 06-09-2006, 02:24 PM

C32 AMG
the more i read about this the more i think robert really should have known better.

why is he driving around a rental instead of hsi own car? because his car doesnt have a bumper?

if he doesnt have a bumper, what happened to it? did he sell it to somebody else before he received his brabus bumper? if he did then thats his bad. he should have anticipated/been prepared for a delay.

have you never bought something online before robert? there are always delays!!
Old 06-09-2006, 02:36 PM

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by IdriveFast
the more i read about this the more i think robert really should have known better.

why is he driving around a rental instead of hsi own car? because his car doesnt have a bumper?

if he doesnt have a bumper, what happened to it? did he sell it to somebody else before he received his brabus bumper? if he did then thats his bad. he should have anticipated/been prepared for a delay.

have you never bought something online before robert? there are always delays!!
Yes! I dont have a bumper my front was damaged that's why i had to replace it. And Yes I have bought online b4 and I expect delays but when I was not given a tracking number and delivery date was backing up that concerned me. Just think abt it shipment from SoCal to NorCal should not take this long.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Just curious: when did trucking/freight companies ever give tracking numbers? You get a slip and that's it! Maybe the more advanced companies have GPS devices on their trucks but good luck.

Seller chose not to pay extra for UPS or Fedex so you get what you pay for. Even if he did pay for UPS there's no guarantee the bumper would make it there on time or in one piece. Reference my CF lip experience with UPS.

In any case it was wrong of the buyer to create a thread in every forum.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:11 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
There something I need to clear up with this.

First of all I never "promised" that Robert will get the bumper on the 2nd which is a Friday. What I said after he has sent the money via paypal was "I have received the payment on paypal, but will only be able to take care of it the following week after memorial day weekend. Hopefully I'll have time to pack the bumper on Tuesday/30th and he should have the bumper by Friday."

Secondly, I did manage to pack the bumper on 30th and dropped it off at the trucking company the following day assuming everything is taken care of. I've also send PM to Robert stating that I'll have to see if the trucking company has a computerized "tracking system." Then comes Friday Robert sent me a PM saying he did not receive the bumper. I then checked with the trucking company AND replied Robert's PM and told him what happened by what the trucking company has told me regarding "delay."

At this time Robert sent me another PM stating why there isn't a tracking number yet and saying why couldn't I ship it by UPS or Fedex, etc. Which I replied this bumper is not mine and I'm just shipping it by what the owner of the bumper asked me to and then gave Robert the approx measurement of the box and weight as well as quote for oversize shipping via UPS which comes to around $290. I asked if he want to pay the extra amount for that I'll see if I can get the bumper back and ship it UPS. Robert did not reply on the subject. In the middle of it he told me he is driving around in a rental and needs this bumper asap.

and the next thing I know I'm reading an e-mail from paypal saying the buyer has filed for dispute and please check resolution center.

All before I had a chance to PM him regarding the issue of tracking number or trucking company information.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
I'm with FrankW on this one. He has no control over unforeseeable delays due to shipping. There are tons of people (myself, MbenzNL, etc) who have been scammed by customers that pay via paypal then reverse the charges before or after they receive the item. The seller then loses the item and his payment. If I sold the bumper to MBZAMG32 and he reversed the charges on me, I would tell the shipping/trucking company to cancel delivery. The fact that MBZAMG32 chose to publicly annouce these things on the forums is just plain bad business practice and IMO unethical. Try to resolve these things privately without trying to defame someone on a public forum.

PAYPAL SUCKS!

Last edited by pshek; 06-10-2006 at 12:55 AM.
Old 06-10-2006, 02:40 AM

02 C32 AMG
There something I need to clear up with this.

First of all I never "promised" that Robert will get the bumper on the 2nd which is a Friday. What I said after he has sent the money via paypal was "I have received the payment on paypal, but will only be able to take care of it the following week after memorial day weekend. Hopefully I'll have time to pack the bumper on Tuesday/30th and he should have the bumper by Friday."

Secondly, I did manage to pack the bumper on 30th and dropped it off at the trucking company the following day assuming everything is taken care of. I've also send PM to Robert stating that I'll have to see if the trucking company has a computerized "tracking system." Then comes Friday Robert sent me a PM saying he did not receive the bumper. I then checked with the trucking company AND replied Robert's PM and told him what happened by what the trucking company has told me regarding "delay."

At this time Robert sent me another PM stating why there isn't a tracking number yet and saying why couldn't I ship it by UPS or Fedex, etc. Which I replied this bumper is not mine and I'm just shipping it by what the owner of the bumper asked me to and then gave Robert the approx measurement of the box and weight as well as quote for oversize shipping via UPS which comes to around $290. I asked if he want to pay the extra amount for that I'll see if I can get the bumper back and ship it UPS. Robert did not reply on the subject. In the middle of it he told me he is driving around in a rental and needs this bumper asap.

and the next thing I know I'm reading an e-mail from paypal saying the buyer has filed for dispute and please check resolution center.

All before I had a chance to PM him regarding the issue of tracking number or trucking company information.
Now let me clear something up:

I sent payment to Frank on the 26th and he sent me a pm saying that due to memorial day he could not ship till tues.

I received a pm from Frank on the 30th saying:
I've send the bumper to shipping company and have given the shipping address to them. They'll take care of it and let me know when it's shipped. I'm promised should be no later than this week.

Now he's saying that the item was shipped on the 31st now why did he not tell me this?

So I waited, On Fri. 02jun I sent a pm to Frank:
Frank, Can you follow up with the shipping company in regards with the Brabus bumper. The shop has not received it yet. If you can get me a tracking number that would be best so that I would at least get an estimate on when I should expect it. So the body shop can set a schedule on when to paint it.

His response:
Shipping company told me they're waiting for other boxes etc. The trunk will be en route next monday. (Notice no info of shipping comp.)
So I replied:
is there any way you can use a different shipping company. This is taking way too long considering it is only coming from LA. I hope you understand my situation Im paying for my own rental right now bec. the shop has been done with my car and my insurance has stopped paying for my rental. This is just unacceptable since they told you that this bumper should be shipped by this week. And now they're saying it has not even left yet.
Frank's response:
Does your car have no front bumper on right now? The bodyshop does not need the car to have the bumper prepped and painted, so you can still drive your car. It'll take only couple hrs to install the front bumper once painted.

The bumper is already packed in their container. They're just waiting for other customers large items.(Note: still no info for shipping comp.)

My reply:
Yes! I DONT HAVE A FRONT BUMPER!!! that's why i need that bumper ASAP!!! And why cant it be shipped today instead of Monday? It's been with them for a week already. and what if the other customers items dont come in does this mean I will be waiting longer!? Can you pls. use a diff. shipping company! And PLEASE PROVIDE ME A TRACKING NUMBER!!! I paid $1220 for this, the least you could do is give me a tracking number! So that I know what exactly is happening. I probably would not have known about this if I have not emailed you about it.

Frank's response:
I'm using the shipping company the owner of the bumper want me to use. This doesn't go through my company. I'm simply accepting the money because the owner does not have paypal. I'm going to the trunking company to see if they have a tracking system available. It's already packed and in the container. They're waiting for the semi to come pick up the container. (still no info for shipping comp.)

Now on 03Jun I sent him a pm:
Why does the owner get to pick the shipping company? Im the one who paid for it! So when exactly am I going to get this bumper? Please understand my situation im in a bind here. Im paying rental and my bodyshop wants the car out because it's taking space in his garage.

Frank's response:
I'm not the owner of the bumper. I'm just helping him accepting the payment because he is not around. I understand your situation, but I'm already going out of my way around 20miles away from where I am to help him ship his bumper without making a cent since he's a personal friend. Besides the dimension for the bumper box is 70x25x20 weights approx 20-25 lbs. UPS second day is $291. It is an oversized package. You can check on ups.com for cost shipping from El Monte where his bumper is located.

If you bought it new from me/GTwerks. It would've been shipped 2-3 days after the order has gone through straight from Brabus. Once again you didn't buy this bumper from GTwerks. You bought it from c_brabus and because he's not around I'm helping him taking care of this. The trucking company he want to use is from someone he knows. You will get your bumper next week at the bodyshop.

Still no info about shipping comp. And I did not reply in regards w/ the UPS shipping since I dont want to pay for something that is already delayed if this option was given to me b4 I would have taken this route.

On Jun 5th I ask him if the bumper did ship on this day (5th of jun) no response. At this point Im worried since I have not gotten any info on the shipping comp. that's why i placed a dispute over paypal on Jun 6.

Right after I placed the dispute I got a pm from Frank:
bumper will arrive Thursday.

like I said in paypal msg which you can check on your dispute. You can contact 626-xxx-xxxx for Jason who is the owner of the trucking company. Ask for the bumper Frank is sending. Like I've said in the msg on paypal, they do not have tracking system as they usually do container by container for other company.

This was the first info i got for the shipping comp. If I had gotten this beforehand this would have been avoided.
And BTW since I got this number tried calling it several times I only got a voicemail left a msg but no call back whatsoever.

I admit I went overboard by posting this on several forums (I was influenced by a friend ) For which I apologize to FrankW. I should have given you a chance to explain, but when you started to say that this was not a purchase from you but from c_brabus, that worried me and made me think smething shady is going on because I paid for it under your name and I was assuming it will be treated like a purchase from your comp. That was the reason i bought it from you bec. of your good rep. in this forum.

Rest Assured! I will cancel the dispute once I received the bumper. Thanks again for your help and I apologize if I had offended anybody with this dilemma.

MBZAMG32

Last edited by MBZAMG32; 06-10-2006 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-10-2006, 06:14 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
I've never had any problem selling or refunding anyone including lots of stuff that I sold off of my own car such as the AMG kit sold to Waveykat which he paid through paypal and asked me to hold it for a while before he could find a bodyshop to do the work, and when he did find a shop the bodykits were shipped to him with no problem and this was to NY.

btw, great job on posting all the PMs on public forum along with someone's PRIVATE cell phone number. I only gave you that number because I delt with the owner and he said to give you his number if you have questions.

I can't control the unexpected delays, but with all the threads you made you were already on my nerves. Now posting PRIVATE conversations on public forum you just made your day.

IF the dispute isn't cancelled by Saturday MIDNIGHT I will ask the owner of the shipping company to retrieve the bumper if it's already delivered and simply give you the refund. IF they still have delay on their part I will just tell them to hold the bumper and I will give you your refund. I will even pay out of my own pocket if they ask me to cover some charges for freight.

It is no longer worth it to try and make you happy. This is also going to your PM. You can chose to read it or not.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:36 AM

C32 AMG
I've never had any problem selling or refunding anyone including lots of stuff that I sold off of my own car such as the AMG kit sold to Waveykat which he paid through paypal and asked me to hold it for a while before he could find a bodyshop to do the work, and when he did find a shop the bodykits were shipped to him with no problem and this was to NY.

btw, great job on posting all the PMs on public forum along with someone's PRIVATE cell phone number. I only gave you that number because I delt with the owner and he said to give you his number if you have questions.

I can't control the unexpected delays, but with all the threads you made you were already on my nerves. Now posting PRIVATE conversations on public forum you just made your day.

IF the dispute isn't cancelled by Saturday MIDNIGHT I will ask the owner of the shipping company to retrieve the bumper if it's already delivered and simply give you the refund. IF they still have delay on their part I will just tell them to hold the bumper and I will give you your refund. I will even pay out of my own pocket if they ask me to cover some charges for freight.

It is no longer worth it to try and make you happy. This is also going to your PM. You can chose to read it or not.
lol pwnd
Old 06-10-2006, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
MBZAMG32,

IMO, you've violated the forums TOU.

Forums Acceptable Use Policy

You agree, through your use of the Discussion Forums, that you will not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree, through your use of the Discussion Forums, not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or MBWorld.org.

You agree, through your use of the Discussion Forums, that the posting of private communications (including, but not limited to e-mail, private messages, letters, faxes) without the consent of all parties to said communication is strictly prohibited.

Have a nice day!
Old 06-10-2006, 12:32 PM

Just trying to help out - but Frank, consider California Overnight when shipping up and down California - it's an awesome service and.. well.. overnight:

Package Rate: $167.63
Origination Zip: 91775
Destination Zip: 94086
Guaranteed Delivery Time: 10:30AM
Service: Sunrise
Weight or Letter: 156 lb(s) Dimensional Weight
Saturday Delivery: Yes
COD Delivery: Yes
Declared Value: $1,000.00

This rate quote includes a fuel surcharge.

Perfect for all oversized packages (EVERYONE TAKE NOTE). Shipping from San Gabriel California to my Shop on a package with the dimensions above (even with a declared value). Open up an account with them - tracking number or not - it's overnight by sunrise. It's even COD delivery, which would make sense in this case.

flip
Old 06-10-2006, 12:35 PM

Can we let this die now? Darwin just notified me that the bumper finally came in. So come on guys, let's just get on with our lives. Robert, cancel that dispute - it's about time for your install .

flip
Old 06-10-2006, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Ok! First of all i apologize to Frank W by not giving you a chance to respond to my pm's I admit I jumped the gun on this one. But only because you told me on the 30th of may that you were promised that this will get shipped by the end of that week, then I get a pm that it hasn't even left LA. And I have asked you about a tracking number from the start which you could not provide, you didn't even know if they provide one not until this week.

Second, last time I check I am still out of $1220 in my account and I dont have the bumper. As far as I know Im still on the downside of this transaction.

Like I said, I dont know how many times I have to repeat myself. Once I get the item dispute will be pulled down. If it comes in today like FrankW said, No Problem I will take the dispute down and I will post it here.

Well.......YOU Have The Bumper..So WHERE is Your Post?
Old 06-10-2006, 03:13 PM

Mercedes is gone physically, but still in my heart.
Now correct me if I'm wrong, but since when do TRUCKING companies have tracking systems? I thought FedEx and UPS were the only ones to do that. If that's what you were filing a dispute over, that's outrageous. Frank did his part in dropping it off when he said he would. Does not mean he's liable for the shipping company's delays.

Just my .02
Old 06-10-2006, 04:33 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
dispute cancelled....done and done. thread closed.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

into things
dispute cancelled....done and done. thread closed.
Cool.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Question for Frank W??? (Brabus bumper)