C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Just saw an Audi RS4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 12:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 / ////AMG
I agree with Vader. That's why I'm leasing the C55. When it's up, I'll move on to the next one.

Until then, drive it like you stole it....
Old 06-08-2006, 05:18 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by Vader13
You guys are getting worked up.
You have W203's no mater how it's branded.
W203's have been out for 5 years.
Now the E46 M is almost gone and replaced soon. (looks like a rolling turd)
The Audi Just came out.

The new CAMG is competing with these new cars.

Not the C55. (marketing facelift car, srry)
**** happens, I just got a GT3 now all the hype is around the 997GT3.
Get what you want and drive it untill you can afford to upgrade.
Thats how you do it.
the B7 A4 are just facelifted B6 which replaced the B5 in 2001-02. The RS4 chassi has nothing new about it other than how the suspension is tuned.

B6 and B7 has the same interior still with minor changes. For the RS4 they're probably only going to produce it for 1 year and than the brand new A4 will come out
Old 06-08-2006, 06:06 AM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Fifth Ring
If you buy based on historic prestige, then you don't see the value in an Audi. If you buy based on the quality and sophistication of the car itself, then Audi is a better value than Benz.

C32s were being discounted because you don't get many car nuts in Benz dealerships. Car freaks go to BMW, then Audi -- most S4/M3 shoppers don't even know that there was a C32/C55. C32 was a great car that did not sell as well as the S4 and M3 due to Benz owner demographics and weak marketing.

The (B6) S4 has a V8, not a pumped up, 3 valve 6 cylinder engine. The S4 has a typical, gorgeous Audi interior. The S4 has all wheel drive. All good reasons to pay more.

I don't give cr@p about prestige. I buy and drive the best cars I can afford, and that meet my expectations for performance and comfort. I would have bought a B6 S4 in a heartbeat; I was just interested in a little variety after 14 years of Audi ownership.

Now, all that being said, the RS4 is overpriced, and will need to be discounted. Other than the original B5 S4, Audi has overpriced ALL of the "S" and "RS" cars they brought to the US. The RS6 was an $85,000 car. I'm just defending the brand, and the image, not the RS4.
the V8 S4 is slow as ****! raced 2, friend test drove 1, rode in 1. all of them were slow as ****

what do you call a 5valve 340hp v8 that understeers to hell with awd and is only as fast as a 645ci? garbage

edit: they didnt buy an S4 cause they wre a carnut. They bought an S4 cause they didnt know any better...

my friend has a b5 Stage2+ s4 and even then, the performance is only okay.

crappy performance, no prestige, and it costs more than MB?? screw audi they should go back to competing with lexus

Last edited by IdriveFast; 06-08-2006 at 06:09 AM.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Wow. When did 17 year olds suddenly start to care about prestige?
Old 06-08-2006, 09:34 AM

C32 AMG
Wow. When did 17 year olds suddenly start to care about prestige?
lets be honest. prestige is a large part of why people by german cars. other wise why are we paying so much when we could buy an infinity honda or whatever instead. you're lying to yourself by saying prestige has nothing to do with buying a car.

anyways, S4 still sucks and audi sucks and the people who buy them either dont know any better or just want to be different. When the M3 and C63 come out, the RS4 will also suck in comparison.

Last edited by IdriveFast; 06-08-2006 at 09:40 AM.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Prestige is a result of a car's inherent quality. It's a logical shortcut to buy a car that is well known as having high quality; but it takes a true car enthusiast to ignore the lemmings and see/own a car for it's capabilities and quality.

But then what do I know? I like Audis.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi C7.5 S6
It is difficult to find a Japanese car, I would want. The high end models, I have seen, are tacky & flashy inside, with lots of useless 'features'. Most of them don't have enough power. The German car interiors are better thought out and much more subtle, which makes them easier to live with.

I drove a G35, before I bought the C32, but it did not have enough power and the rear window visibility was not too good. Also, the tail end is very ugly.

Even the Skyline is pretty ugly, but it performs well.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:21 AM

NEW 08' M6 CAB, 06' 997 911 CS CAB, 09' RX350 AWD, 10' E350 4M, 10' Range Rover; FS: 04' C32 AMG= FS
Audi.

Originally Posted by IdriveFast
lets be honest. prestige is a large part of why people by german cars. other wise why are we paying so much when we could buy an infinity honda or whatever instead. you're lying to yourself by saying prestige has nothing to do with buying a car.

anyways, S4 still sucks and audi sucks and the people who buy them either dont know any better or just want to be different. When the M3 and C63 come out, the RS4 will also suck in comparison.
and cost about 10 grand less for something BETTER in many respects...

FIFTH RING... i dont know what exactly you were talking about when you said 17 year olds... but two years ago (at the age of 20) when i finally was able to afford my own car i cared just as equally about PRESTIGE, then i did about PERFORMANCE, STEERING, DESIGN, ETC... thats why i elaborated so much in my 1st thread about the C-AMG and other competitors. 50k for me at my age is a big deal, ESPECIALLY FOR AN A4. im sure when i get older later in my life i will hopefully think about 50k as though it was peanuts but at this time in my life spending anything over 40k for an AUDI (even that much) was RIDICULOUS, i so rather get any 3-series. 55k for a C-AMG sounded much better anyway. i think its truly a bargain, even more when it first came out as an 02' model.

ONCE AGAIN, AUDI being not as good performance and not nearly as much of PRESTIGEs COMPANY should NOT be charging basically the same as BMW-M3 coupe/ MB-C-AMGs. i think they wouldve had many more sales if they had made it slightly more expensive then a loaded WRX or VOLVO S60R. me for one!

Generally people see an AUDI, and say "its just an AUDI" people cant tell the difference betwen an A4/S4 or C230/C55. but the difference being that an A4 is an AUDI and thats still a MERCEDES-BENZ either way!
Old 06-08-2006, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
Rs4 Vs M3

the RS4 is a nice car but I think BMW & Merc Will build a better car in 2 year.

here is a good video enjoy

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/122116/2007_audi_rs4
Old 06-08-2006, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Trekman
the RS4 is a nice car but I think BMW & Merc Will build a better car in 2 year.

here is a good video enjoy

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/122116/2007_audi_rs4
The video cuts off before the prestige test. I have to assume that Audi lost that one.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:41 PM

02C32AMG
Audi throttle delay

I owned an Audi allroad with the 2.7t engine and the throttle delay would drive me mad! This was a well documented shortcoming of the 2.7t engine. Driving in traffic was also a bit hairy at times as you never knew when the torque would kick in. You could almost count to 2 before the car would take off from a standing start.

FWIW, I don't experience any lag with the engine in my C32AMG.

Originally Posted by m444
Unfortunately, the Audi tends to have some odd, programmed throttle delay
of the electronic throttle, which the C32, does not suffer from. The throttle
response of the C32 is much better than the older S4.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:43 PM

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
I like the RS4 and I think that Audi has a real winner on their hands. It is a great compromise for those who want performance, have a family, need 4 doors, and have to drive in the snow. If I could only afford one car and needed it as an all season/family/sports car-this would be it.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
Its very simple..
Audi does not build a RWD car..
So..
F&%K them..
Old 06-08-2006, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML63
Its very simple..
So..
F&%K them..
LOL.. best post in this thread..
Old 06-09-2006, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Its very simple..
So..
F&%K them..
But they do build the RS4 with a manual transmission. So fork AMG. Seriously, if AWD is so bad, why have all the best car makers copied them?

I don't have an issue with the AWD. The problem is the weight distribution on the Audis - very much like a FWD car.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:39 PM

Alfa 147 GTA #100/100
@ FifthRing
FYI - the video was broken down into 3 tests
1. straight line acceleration. The RS4 beat the M3 my upto 10 car lengths all 7 times
2. drifting. The M3 won of course - RWD v AWD
3. a race around the course. The RS4 won buy a clear margin
Old 06-10-2006, 12:45 AM

C32 AMG
But they do build the RS4 with a manual transmission. So fork AMG. Seriously, if AWD is so bad, why have all the best car makers copied them?

I don't have an issue with the AWD. The problem is the weight distribution on the Audis - very much like a FWD car.
mclaren f1, zonda, ford gt, CLK-dtm CLK-gtr, m3/m5, all amg's, ferrari's top of the line porsche's are all RWD

is there something audi/vw knows that they dont? or are audi and vw just dumber than the rest? i think its the later

lambo also uses awd, but lambo also doesnt really race either except for alms and i do believe they are doing poorly
Old 06-10-2006, 12:55 AM

C63 / ////AMG
Just FYI: the 996/997 Porsche turbo is AWD and it's considered top of the line...
Old 06-10-2006, 12:56 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
for Audi, why mess with something that they are not familiar with. i.e. RWD. What they do best is AWD or FWD.

Same thing as why hasn't MB and BMW try to make their AMG and M Gmbh cars with AWD. Although MB and BMW does make 4-matic or Xi models, the AWD system in these are still far behind what Audi has accomplished with theirs.

great example would be the last S8's demo video where their test driver hands off the steering wheel while doing 360 and kept going straight. It showed how well their Quattro worked with their ESP etcs. I doubt that a W220 S-class 4-matic can do the same thing.

Last edited by FrankW; 06-10-2006 at 12:58 AM.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:04 AM
Almost a Member!

02 c32
mclaren f1, zonda, ford gt, CLK-dtm CLK-gtr, m3/m5, all amg's, ferrari's top of the line porsche's are all RWD
Ummm, actually the porsche turbo is AWD.

Anyways, why so much hate for the RS4? It's a much better car than the c55 at the moment in terms of speed and handling, and AWD for the winters to boot. More expensive yes, so don't buy it if you can't afford it. We're all car enthusiasts here - we should appreciate the RS4 for what it is, AWESOME.

I'm sure MB will trump the RS4 next time around.

_Toms
Old 06-10-2006, 01:24 AM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by trips
Ummm, actually the porsche turbo is AWD.

Anyways, why so much hate for the RS4? It's a much better car than the c55 at the moment in terms of speed and handling, and AWD for the winters to boot. More expensive yes, so don't buy it if you can't afford it. We're all car enthusiasts here - we should appreciate the RS4 for what it is, AWESOME.

I'm sure MB will trump the RS4 next time around.

_Toms

and then the GT2 and carrera GT above the turbo are rwd
gt3 is also rwd

so 3 out of the top 4 porsches are still rwd with the only awd car at number 3

1. carrera gt
2. gt2
3. turbo
4. gt3
Old 06-10-2006, 01:44 AM
Almost a Member!

02 c32
and then the GT2 and carrera GT above the turbo are rwd
gt3 is also rwd

so 3 out of the top 4 porsches are still rwd with the only awd car at number 3

1. carrera gt
2. gt2
3. turbo
4. gt3

Right on.

I just don't get your previous point, Audi is dumb because they make a sports car that is AWD? Is this what you meant?

I was just pointing out that one of porsche's top of the line cars is AWD (actually their best selling car of the ones you listed).

Again appreciate the RS4 for what it is. If I had a car as fast as any of the ones we have or have talked about here, and drive in any inclement weather whatsoever, I sure as hell want AWD. Save the RWD for my garage queen.

_Toms
Old 06-10-2006, 08:52 AM

C32 AMG
Right on.

I just don't get your previous point, Audi is dumb because they make a sports car that is AWD? Is this what you meant?

I was just pointing out that one of porsche's top of the line cars is AWD (actually their best selling car of the ones you listed).

Again appreciate the RS4 for what it is. If I had a car as fast as any of the ones we have or have talked about here, and drive in any inclement weather whatsoever, I sure as hell want AWD. Save the RWD for my garage queen.

_Toms
well i just dont like audi's S4 or RS6 or RS4. Especially the RS4. Seeing the sticker price for the RS4 makes me hope Audi goes bankrupt for asking such an outrageous price.

its ridiculous how everybody goes "OMG look how fast the 420hp audi is compared to the 367hp C55 (even thoughthe RS4 costs 14k more sticker)".
of course its faster, its newer, costs way more and has more hp. is this a surprise? is it supposed to be some kind of engineering feat that audi accomplished by making their 420hp car faster than their 333hp, 349hp, and 367hp rivals? i dont think so. I hoped that non of you would either, but apparently alot of you think its very impressive.

its ridiculous and i know that audi is just completely getting off on this right now. Audi RS's inferior performance combined with their higher price (rs4 & RS6) combined with the fact that the audi brand name is not worth as much as bmw or MB really makes me dislike audi and think the the people who buy their S and RS cars really dont know any better. Even the Audi's standard S lacks that despoke feel since Audi shares the 4.2 5valve V8 with other non-S cars and it has been in their product line for years. long before the B6 S4 even existed. The S4 engine is a hand me down with different cams. THATS BASICALLY IT! Even the 2.7 V6 twin turbo was shared with other non S or RS cars. Its ridiculous. If AMG worked like that, it would be like AMG taking the 5.0 out of a S500 and putting it in a C-class and calling it a C50.

audi S and RS just are not worth their their asking price.

Last edited by IdriveFast; 06-10-2006 at 08:57 AM.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:12 AM
Almost a Member!

02 c32
well i just dont like audi's S4 or RS6 or RS4. Especially the RS4. Seeing the sticker price for the RS4 makes me hope Audi goes bankrupt for asking such an outrageous price.

its ridiculous how everybody goes "OMG look how fast the 420hp audi is compared to the 367hp C55 (even thoughthe RS4 costs 14k more sticker)".
of course its faster, its newer, costs way more and has more hp. is this a surprise? is it supposed to be some kind of engineering feat that audi accomplished by making their 420hp car faster than their 333hp, 349hp, and 367hp rivals? i dont think so. I hoped that non of you would either, but apparently alot of you think its very impressive.

its ridiculous and i know that audi is just completely getting off on this right now. Audi RS's inferior performance combined with their higher price (rs4 & RS6) combined with the fact that the audi brand name is not worth as much as bmw or MB really makes me dislike audi and think the the people who buy their S and RS cars really dont know any better. Even the Audi's standard S lacks that despoke feel since Audi shares the 4.2 5valve V8 with other non-S cars and it has been in their product line for years. long before the B6 S4 even existed. The S4 engine is a hand me down with different cams. THATS BASICALLY IT! Even the 2.7 V6 twin turbo was shared with other non S or RS cars. Its ridiculous. If AMG worked like that, it would be like AMG taking the 5.0 out of a S500 and putting it in a C-class and calling it a C50.

audi S and RS just are not worth their their asking price.
Weaksauce arguement bro.

Anyways, have you ever even ridden in/driven an S4/RS4? I doubt it, because if you did you woudn't be making such ridiculous statements. The ride, fit, feel, and power are amazing. This is why I hae an S4 now.
I have no problem with either MB (c32) or BMW (e 36 m3), I've owned them all and I think that they are all amazing cars as well.

Anyways, seems like some very personal deep-seated hatred towards Audi. You're like a car "racist"! LOL. I'm not going to change your mind, nor try (anymore at least). Carry on.

_Toms
Old 06-10-2006, 10:16 AM

C32 AMG
Weaksauce arguement bro.

Anyways, have you ever even ridden in/driven an S4/RS4? I doubt it, because if you did you woudn't be making such ridiculous statements. The ride, fit, feel, and power are amazing. This is why I hae an S4 now.
I have no problem with either MB (c32) or BMW (e 36 m3), I've owned them all and I think that they are all amazing cars as well.

Anyways, seems like some very personal deep-seated hatred towards Audi. You're like a car "racist"! LOL. I'm not going to change your mind, nor try (anymore at least). Carry on.

_Toms

read my previous posts bro. raced 2 rode in 2. all 4 were disappointing. I actually went into each encounter waiting to be impressed but it came up short each time. B6 abd B5. I cant imagine B7 being any different.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just saw an Audi RS4