C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

AMG Aftermarket Parts for the US

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG Aftermarket Parts for the US

Many of us have been waiting anxiously for parts like the F1 steering wheel, safety car bumper, AMG LSD, M-2 shift upgrade and many other parts (which are currently offered in Affalterbach to the European clientelle) to be offered to the US enthusiasts as well.

Now that we have a direct communication platform with AMG (i.e. the Private Lounge), we should use this to its fullest extent and let the people at AMG know what we believe could be improved or changed.

I have posted a topic in the "feedback" section of the Private Lounge (www.mercedes-amg.com/privatelounge) highlighting that we (the US AMG enthusiast) would love to have the ability to customize our vehicles the way that Eurpean consumer can and have the ability to obtain the aftermarket products that are currently being offered by AMG Manufaktur (this inlcudes the aforementioned products along with many others such as big brake upgrades, racing seats, speed limiter removal, 19in wheels, headers & power packages, etc. etc.).

If you are interested in potentially obtaining such parts for your car, please show your support/ interest by posting a brief reply to this topic. I think that if the people at AMG become cognizant of how many people in their largest end-market (i.e. the US) are interested in obtaining such parts, than there is a good chance that such products will be offered here as well.

As another note, I think that we should all take advantage of this new forum and actively post there.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
I fully support this. Why should AMG sit by and watch other tuners sell upgrades to AMG owners? I suspect it is happening because of AMG's association with Benz, and the various legal/liability issues.

If AMG offered these upgrades, I would jump at them before any other tuner. Nothing preserves/enhances value better than maker-brand upgrades.
Old 06-25-2006, 01:09 PM

C32 AMG 2002
I got your back!

I posted and supported the cause
Old 06-27-2006, 01:02 AM

I would like to see some pictures and installation of some of the products the offer to the euro community. That is interesting. I would be interested in getting a few things like a stage 2 kit or something. I havnt done any mods or upgrades yet, and was getting into the kits in things. This would be a nice alternative. Ig I am going to spend the money I would rather spend it on Amg parts and have it all uniform. So yea...any of the eye candy parts??

Corey
Old 06-27-2006, 03:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 CLK63 AMG Black Series, 2022 BMW X3 M40i
I'm another supporter for bringing AMG aftermarket parts to the U.S. I'm going to post in the private lounge right now.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 AMG, 135i, 911 GT3, GLE43 AMG
The latest AMG Manufaktur Price List is now available for download from the international AMG website. It lists Euro prices.

If we could somehow order those parts from our local benz dealers, that would be awesome.

Last edited by PC Valkyrie; 06-27-2006 at 02:27 PM.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:02 PM

Guys,

We have received a lot of support for the "Manufaktur parts for the US" thread in the private lounge. AMG is hearing this message loud and clear and if you guys have not already posted a reply to the thread, please do so. The more responses that we get on there, the higher are our chances of us obtaining these parts in the US.

Afterall, AMG is just like any other business, to be successful they need to satisfy their customer base. We need to continue to make them aware that there is a large group of AMG enthusiasts that would like to be able to obtain such parts.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:26 PM

Posted there!
Old 06-30-2006, 05:51 PM
Almost a Member!

'02 C32 AMG, '69 BMW 2002, MC-130H
posted!

done deal. Hopefully they catch the hint!
Old 06-30-2006, 07:57 PM

2016 C300
just posted
Old 07-03-2006, 01:47 PM

Guys,

Thanks for all the support thus far. The following is the latest response from AMG regarding the thread:

"The feedback on this topic has been fantastic.
We are in the process of creating a proper response."

This is good news and hopefully we'll hear a positive response from AMG shortly. However, we need to continue to show interest in having these parts become available to the US market. So if you have not yet posted a reply, please take a brief moment to log-on to the private lounge and post a quick response to the thread reflecting your interest in obtaining such parts.

Again, thanks for all the great support and hopefully we'll be able to obtain these parts in the imminent future.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:42 AM

Exclamation

Just to make sure that AMG continues to get the memo, please take a brief moment of your time to post over on the private lounge board in support of receiving the AMG aftermarket parts for the US if you have not already done so.

We have received positive feedback from the AMG representatives thus far, but we need to keep the ball rolling and press on with this if we want to have these parts become available in the US.

Show your support: Post a brief reply to the thread in the private lounge!
Old 07-18-2006, 10:27 PM

Crossfire SRT-6
I tried to login but it wouldn't allow me with the vin that I entered. My SRT-6 Crossfire is just as much AMG as anything else, so what gives?

John
Old 07-18-2006, 10:39 PM

'05 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by The Toy
I tried to login but it wouldn't allow me with the vin that I entered. My SRT-6 Crossfire is just as much AMG as anything else, so what gives?

John
Old 07-18-2006, 11:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
Originally Posted by genechien
Hey now! I say if his intercooler goes out, it's an AMG all right.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 CLK55, IWC CLS55 AMG(one of 55), 07 Honda CR-V 4WD
I think the problem is more complicated than what most of you guys think. For the goods that AMG sells, MB benz has to guarantee the reliability.

Let's say that such AMG Manufaktur parts, which belongs to Mercedes Benz AMG automobiles, fail to perform correctly and lead to a unpleasant situation. Who do you think is going to be responsible for that?

Of course, It will be Mercedes-Benz.
It is such a simple principle-agent relationship.
It would be the worst idea if MB wants to jepardize itself to be in such situation by selling small parts like F1 paddle shifts and Safety Bumper or SpeedShift Plus upgrades without FC Certifications or the approval from the national automotive safety department. All AMG Manufaktur parts are TUV certified which is like FC of the states.

And the cost of acquiring such certifications on each product is expensive and even if MB acquires all those certifications, no one can guarantee that the market is big enough to generate profit for them. In a business point of view, MB & AMG should not to make those parts available to outside of TUV countries for their own good.

In an enthusiast's point of view, they should make all those parts available to us. But I guess it is faily easy for them to decide what to do in this situation.

Last edited by JLee81; 07-19-2006 at 11:20 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
I hate lawyers....
Old 07-19-2006, 10:44 AM

I think the problem is more complicated than what most of you guys think. For the goods that AMG sells, MB benz has to guarantee the reliability.

Let's say that such AMG Manufaktur parts, which is a part of Mercedes Benz AMG automobiles, fail to perform correctly and led to a unpleasant situation. Who do you think is going to be responsible for that?

Of course, It will be Mercedes-Benz.
It is such a simple principle-agent relationship.
It would be the worst idea if MB wants to jepardize itself to be in such situation by selling small parts like F1 paddle shifts and Safety Bumper or SpeedShift Plus upgrades without FC Certifications or the approval from the national automotive safety department. All AMG Manufaktur parts are TUV certified which is like FC of the states.

And the cost of acquiring such certifications on each product is expensive and even if MB acquires all those certifications, no one can guarantee that the market is big enough to generate profit for them. In a business point of view, MB & AMG should not to make those parts available to outside of TUV countries for their own good.

In an enthusiast point of view, they should make all those parts available to us. But I guess it is a faily easy for them to decide what to do in this situation.
Jlee,

I appreciate your response. However, we are aware of why AMG cannot sell these parts in the US, I have been corresponding with AMG on this over the past few months.

However, if they see enough interest on our behalf, they will be more inclined to find a solution to these issues and begin to offer such parts to us.

They are hearing this message loud and clear and it is important that they continue to hear it, we have only been hearing positive feedback from AMG since I started that thread.

Hence, if you are interested in such parts, it is important that you post a reply.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 Designo 030
just posted!
Old 07-19-2006, 11:49 AM

a Black
Originally Posted by Trekman
I hate lawyers....

Most times it is the pissed off client that searches and searches to find an atty to take a crappy case. I thnk if an aftermarket AMG product caused your new $200k S65 to blow up...you would be suing MB here in the US as opposed to AMG in Germany...just a guess.

"It is ok to lie. I am a lawyer."
Old 07-19-2006, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by The Toy

John
............... ..................... ...............
Old 07-19-2006, 03:12 PM

I got your back...

But I just tried to register my 06 C55AMG and it will not let me join...what's up with that???
Old 07-19-2006, 03:18 PM

Crossfire SRT-6
Any answer to my question yet?

I haven't heard of any intercooler problems on the crossfire boards with the SRT-6, YET, but then only a couple of the members have 20k plus miles. I'm only at 3400 on mine and I'd say most are under 10k miles. Only time will tell!

If we're able to be apart of this, I know of several on the Crossfire board that would be interested in parts from AMG. Strength in numbers, right?

John