C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

hesitating c32

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 02:31 AM
mbfan03

hesitating c32

I've noticed that my car hesitates, when the car is cold it runs like a monster i feel once it heats up and driving on the highway at any steady speed it jerks a little and then it wont move you would hit the gas and feels like car has 50hp, and then after a lil it is back to running perfect. what would it be? thanks so much!
Old 08-08-2006, 02:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flint Gray E63
Since you say that the car runs like a monster while cold but has problems when it is warmed up, you might want to check your intercooler pump and make sure it is working. If the pump fails, the supercharger cuts off and the car will lose a lot of power.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:01 AM
Almost a Member!

2003 C32 AMG
I have the opposite problem. Mine will almost die on occasion when it's cold from a stop but then it takes off like crazy. This has happened 3 times over the last 3 months and I am having it looked at right now. The interesting thing is that the SA called me after I dropped off the car and asked me the frequency of this. After I told him he said that there is a CLK in there with the same problem and the same frequency. At least they know I'm not crazy
Old 08-08-2006, 04:04 PM
mbfan03

thats what i figured i change my intercooler pump because i dont hear it as much as i used to, and purge valve came up in a check engine. lemme know what they find wrong with yours. Stinks that i dont have warrenty on it anymore
Old 08-09-2006, 10:59 AM
Almost a Member!

2003 C32 AMG
Well, they told me that things look fine. The SA told me that they are looking for a TSB (or TSA, whatever) for this problem. I can't say that I'm suprised since it doesn't happen on a daily basis. Oh well, we'll see what happens.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 C32 1987 190E 2.3 334K miles and going
there is a post regarding the Intercooler Pump. I've had the same problem with the SC not kicking in particularly above 60-70 intermittently, meaning, it worked the first time at 65 mph and then gone. After stopping (like visit a friend's house for a couple of hours) and proceeding to cruise at 70, you punch it and it works, but then, you try to replicate this after a couple of minutes, SC won't kick in!!
For $99.00, you can get the Ford Lightning pump at www.buyfordracing.com.
This will require some minor modification (swapping the OLD original inlet/outlet assembly and install on the NEW pump. Cutting off the OEM connector and strip ends and use a spade terminal to connect to the NEW pump.
A 2 hour job and $105 dollars in parts.
RESULTS: night and day! SC kicks in whenever I want it too (I'm talking heavy testing here). Search benzworld and you'll even get pics.
GOOD LUCK
2002 C32 AMG 62K odo read