C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Finally, I had a chance & can say it loud

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 03:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally, I had a chance & can say it loud

that I've gone (and killed) a E46 M3. I had a nice run with a M3 on I-5. I was following him at about 70mph at first, poor guy tried to run away from me but obviously he couldnt. I kept following him for 5 minutes and didnt pass him even when I had a chance. He was so pissed, then I pressed my accelerator and took the other lane, my car just took off like a rocket & he was like 3 car lengths behind me. When I released my accelerator, he was flying past me, ONLY tried to prove a point that he can go very fast. I only "half-floor" my car when I passed him....the C32's torque is just awesome!!!

After a while I was right behind him again. I saw some dust coming out from his mufflers (probably he was switching gears)....and I floor it this time, knowing he will gun it to his fullest extent. I can say if he brakes at that moment, my car will just run over his entire rear. I was so close that he just moved to the other lane panicing that I would really kick his ***. Hahaha.... that was so funny!

The third time when he saw me coming behind him, he took off like a crazy horse, moved from far left to far right, moved back to the middle, he just doenst want me to stick right behind him again!! But I have no interest to go with him anymore, I proved my point already.

Guys, I know I shouldnt tailgate ppl in such manner, I hate ppl doing the same thing to me. But I was so excited that I can finally find a M3 who will go with me. I might lose to a M3 on a 0-60 (never tried that, so dont know). But I am proud to tell the whole world that I am 10000% sure that a C32AMG can KILL a M3 from 90mph+ with minimal effort!

The only complaint about my car is it seems to wander around in turns at high speed, the fact that its lowered doesnt mean the handling is getting any better. I did think seriously about the Kleemann speed sensitive suspension. But I dont live in a city with lots of freeways, I might not be able to enjoy the stability of Kleemann's.

Anyways, I just love my baby so much! Yipee! :p

Last edited by Harris; 08-26-2002 at 04:06 AM.
Old 08-26-2002, 06:07 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
being behind someone and making a pass is so much easier than trying to lose someone behind you. when you are behind other cars, those drivers can't tell if you are already speeding up, so it would be really easy for you to surprise them. if he is behind you, he could've done the same thing because you won't have any idea when he will stump on the gas and accelerate.

i could think of the reason he didn't pull away from you is because that when he sped up, and you are behind him, you can easily tell that he is accelerating.

GOOD story nevertheless. if you were infront of him, now , that would be something.

btw go ahead and read my post "killed two with one stone (S4 and M3)" in the W203 forum, ya?...thanks
Old 08-26-2002, 06:09 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
oops, i mean in the kill story forum. Accord just moved it there
Old 08-26-2002, 09:51 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great race Harris!

Now "moving" to the Kill Section...
Old 08-26-2002, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by FrankW
being behind someone and making a pass is so much easier than trying to lose someone behind you.
GOOD story nevertheless. if you were infront of him, now , that would be something.

btw go ahead and read my post "killed two with one stone (S4 and M3)" in the W203 forum, ya?...thanks

Well Frank, I can only agree with you 50%. If he doesnt know that we are going, then its easier to overtake someone like that. But he definitely knows that I want to start something up as I've been tailgating him for quite some time. As I've mentioned, he tried to pull away from me, but I'm sticking right behind him within seconds. This has already given me a good indication how good my car can outperform his.

If I am in front of him, then you can say: "its always easy to pull away from someone when you're in front and because he has no idea when are you going to gun it". He saw me moved to the other lane the first time and he has more than enough time to respond. And I were in front of him UNTIL I release my throttle, during that time, he couldnt catch me. The only benefit of doubt that I can give him is he does not know how to shift. And if thats the case, he doesnt deserve to drive a M3!!

With regards to your story, nice kill also. I never count on a stock S4. They are fast, but compare to a C32.....ummm....

Last edited by Harris; 08-26-2002 at 12:09 PM.
Old 08-26-2002, 01:17 PM

asdf
Nice kill Harris

I never see anyone willing to race on the I-5 between San Diego and LA. Just wondering where you were racing. I usually just see how much gas I can save on the way down :p. But I can't help going 100 mph at any given time. Esp around the San Ysidro area with such an open road .
Old 08-26-2002, 06:05 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally posted by Harris

Well Frank, I can only agree with you 50%. If he doesnt know that we are going, then its easier to overtake someone like that. But he definitely knows that I want to start something up as I've been tailgating him for quite some time. As I've mentioned, he tried to pull away from me, but I'm sticking right behind him within seconds. This has already given me a good indication how good my car can outperform his.

If I am in front of him, then you can say: "its always easy to pull away from someone when you're in front and because he has no idea when are you going to gun it". He saw me moved to the other lane the first time and he has more than enough time to respond. And I were in front of him UNTIL I release my throttle, during that time, he couldnt catch me. The only benefit of doubt that I can give him is he does not know how to shift. And if thats the case, he doesnt deserve to drive a M3!!

With regards to your story, nice kill also. I never count on a stock S4. They are fast, but compare to a C32.....ummm....
hmm...now that you said that, it makes me wonder. i guess it doesn't matter which way, it all depends on the driver. If the guy can't shift (or they think they can shift), he shoulda stick with the SMG II.

we should tell'em "quit trying to act like a professional, drive a auto like us" after we kill'em.

i would say that going against a SMG II M3 will be much sweeter because even if the guy can't shift the car will still gives it all. when you win, you will finally believe that the C32 is a little faster, might not handle too well, but a little faster.
Old 08-26-2002, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32 AMG
Simple kinematics are effective when comparing cars with acceleration so similar. The car who hits the accelerator first will win every time, when the starting speed is equal. The car who has a higher starting speed when the acclerator are hit at the same time wins.

@ 70 mph, both cars hit it.....C32 will probably win

Around Nuremburgring, C32 loses badly
Old 08-26-2002, 07:56 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally posted by JustinTRW
Simple kinematics are effective when comparing cars with acceleration so similar. The car who hits the accelerator first will win every time, when the starting speed is equal. The car who has a higher starting speed when the acclerator are hit at the same time wins.

@ 70 mph, both cars hit it.....C32 will probably win

Around Nuremburgring, C32 loses badly
exactly AMG cars are made for autobahn, not the race track. M made their cars to be more track orientated.
Old 08-26-2002, 11:32 PM

C32 AMG
well it seems to me now that the C32 is faster in a straight line or simply the "gun the gas" way of racing than the M3. Ive beat one in a drag..and so did my friend with a silver c32...and your win is further proof. But I recently raced another one and even though i did break him off in the drag racing category when the road turned into a canyon i had a tough time keeping up through the turns and i could feel the limits of my car while he seemed to still have space to push it. Both cars are sick though.
Old 08-27-2002, 12:06 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Congratulations Harry, great kill!
Glad to see you are having fun with the beamers, lol.
Old 08-27-2002, 01:22 AM

C32 AMG
Originally posted by AMGDood
well it seems to me now that the C32 is faster in a straight line or simply the "gun the gas" way of racing than the M3. Ive beat one in a drag..and so did my friend with a silver c32...and your win is further proof. But I recently raced another one and even though i did break him off in the drag racing category when the road turned into a canyon i had a tough time keeping up through the turns and i could feel the limits of my car while he seemed to still have space to push it. Both cars are sick though.
Damn it's worrying, even with your H&R you still have trouble keeping up? Neeeddd AMG Racing Suspension ASAP
Old 08-27-2002, 02:36 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally posted by r_1_c32

Damn it's worrying, even with your H&R you still have trouble keeping up? Neeeddd AMG Racing Suspension ASAP
it's simply because the M3 handles better than our car. in the slalom test done by MotorWeek TV, the C32 plows compare even to the heavier CLK55 convertible.

with the H&R, it might have some help, but still not up to the level of the M3's in cornering.

i think we need to convince AMG to give us some free racing suspension kits.
Old 08-27-2002, 02:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
To upgrade the C32 suspension, I think you need to have a better understanding of the suspension than just saying to "change springs". You have to address each issue one by one and make sure everything works together well. Do I know what I'm doing? Not really, so we leave that up to the experts.

From what I can tell, those getting wider rear tires are doing nothing for the handling. A 245/f, 255/r setup looks good. Wider fronts will help reduce understeer. Looks like we need thicker sway bars, new springs, and shocks. That's a lot of upgrades, but keep this in mind when comparing to the M3: the bimmer got a complete suspension change when it was upgraded from the 330Ci. The changes for the C32 were not as drastic when stepping up from the C320.

Sounds like some people bought the wrong car for their taste possibly?
Old 08-27-2002, 05:02 AM

C32 AMG
I love my C32 very much and wouldn't trade it for anything. It was love at first sight for me just like Frank However, I am seriously considering a complete suspension overhaul. I am still waiting for Vadim's research to be completed so I will know how much it will cost and how hard I must work my butt off. Neeeddd ASAP though, my bro's M3 is coming in ~ 2 mths

GO Vadim GO :p
Old 08-27-2002, 08:32 AM

Originally posted by JustinTRW
To upgrade the C32 suspension, I think you need to have a better understanding of the suspension than just saying to "change springs". You have to address each issue one by one and make sure everything works together well. Do I know what I'm doing? Not really, so we leave that up to the experts.

From what I can tell, those getting wider rear tires are doing nothing for the handling. A 245/f, 255/r setup looks good. Wider fronts will help reduce understeer. Looks like we need thicker sway bars, new springs, and shocks. That's a lot of upgrades, but keep this in mind when comparing to the M3: the bimmer got a complete suspension change when it was upgraded from the 330Ci. The changes for the C32 were not as drastic when stepping up from the C320.

Sounds like some people bought the wrong car for their taste possibly?
Agreed, examine mods on my CLK.
Tires 245/40 & 275/35 18" P-zero Rosso
Hi-Lo kits help my sky height CLK now a little lower than stock C32, no sway bars for w209 on the market so far.
Eibach bars sounds good !
I can get away from the C32 in corners, not too difficult.
But with M3 ? No, I don't think I can win.
Never mind,S/Ced 500 hp help me superior on the highway.
leave M3 play with those 4WD Jap's cars in the mountains.
They're kids mostly,hope they're in love with each other.
Old 08-27-2002, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

In my case, I've confirmed that changing into H&R springs will not help the car's handling. Mind you, I'm already using the shorter H&R springs from the cup kit. Thats why I am seriously thinking about the Kleemann speed sensitive suspension. Sway Bar is already a must change for me, but as far as I know, Kleemann is out of stock right now.

I love my C32 very much too, I wouldnt trade it for anything (at least before the E55 comes out! :p ) I can live with my car's poor handling compare to a M3 as I only drive around the city most of the time.
Old 08-27-2002, 02:26 PM

C32 AMG
Harris is right the H&R springs do not benefit the handling of the car. I just did them because i felt the car rode to high. I think thicker sway bars and coilover suspension would help out a lot....and im not not about to pay renntech 915 dollars for a new set of swaybars.
Old 08-27-2002, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
The renntech springs apparently do help.

The H&R springs were designed for the C320, not the C32.
Old 08-27-2002, 05:58 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
we bought our cars because we love'em, not because we want to make to car handles like the M3 or the M5.

I, for one prefer my car to be stock just the way i bought the car because i know no matter how much money i spend on the suspension. my C32 will never be a M3 or a M5.

if i wanted to out handles the M3 i would've bought the M3 at the begining.
Old 08-27-2002, 11:11 PM

C32 AMG
Our car my never outhandle an M3, M5 on the other hand maybe a different story.

Harris, if you do get that kleemann speed sensitive suspension, please post your review. thx
Old 08-28-2002, 12:47 AM

"Another one bites the dust"
Old 08-28-2002, 02:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Harris, if you do get that kleemann speed sensitive suspension, please post your review. thx
There are two factors preventing me from buying it:

a) $2000 is VERY expensive for a set of suspension
b) my car will raise back up 1.5", which will look VERY ugly!

Still struggling.........
Old 08-28-2002, 03:57 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter

there is no way in hell our C32 can out perform the M5. the M5 can run through the slaloms as fast as the Porsches and the Ferraris. our C32 is sort of slow in compareson because our car plows (understeer)

Last edited by FrankW; 08-28-2002 at 05:16 AM.
Old 08-28-2002, 05:10 AM

Originally posted by Harris

There are two factors preventing me from buying it:

a) $2000 is VERY expensive for a set of suspension
b) my car will raise back up 1.5", which will look VERY ugly!

Still struggling.........
$2000 is very Hi-end & quality package.
I don't know the height up 1.5" , if so, UGLY indeed !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally, I had a chance & can say it loud