C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Back Pressure and Super Charged Enignes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C63s AMG
Back Pressure and Super Charged Enignes?

I have a 2005 C230 Sport Sedan. I had my enigine Kleemanized. Boost kit with the piggy back K-box, K&N filter and the header with the high flow cat. When I had just the boost kit installed my car pulled like carzy. I had alot more torque. Now that I have have the header installed I lost that crazy pull? Everything was installed by an authorized Kleemann installer. I didnt do any dynos, Cory from Kleeman did say the torque would drop alittle, which proves that my butt dyno feels the lost of torque. Before the header when I would punch the car to megre into traffic I would get pulled back right from the get go and it would just take off. Now with the header I get pulled back after 3000 rpms. I can definatley feel the difference with the header installed as far as Horse Power in the higher rpms. Once my car reaches 3000rpms it just goes and goes.
Ive been searching these this form for a day now(not to many people on the c230 form have all the mods I have) I have read that F/I engines you dont want backpressure. Since I now have a free flowing exhaust I feel that I lost the recommend amount of back pressure that is required for my car to create that torque. I think the high flow cat is doing great results for my horse power but it is hurting my torque. Maybe its the header also?
My question is can i get the stock back pressure back buy adding another resonator just after the stock resonator but just before the muffler, will this create that back pressure I am looking for/lost. I am not trying to create more or less backpressure I am just thinking to get back the original amount of back pressure that my bottled neck, restricted exhaust manifold and cat created.
I read the post about the guy with the E55 and how he changed his entire exhaust and lost the torque. The last post said he was going to put the stock exhasut back with 2 racing cats but he never finished posting?
I am thinking on the right track?

Last edited by pugguy2001; 08-13-2006 at 11:10 AM.