C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

New pics... (56k FTL!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 BMW X5 4.8is and 2005 C55 AMG
In the moving shots how fast is the car going? Is the person taking the pictures moving too or standing still? I assume your using a DSLR so what kind is it and what kind of lenses are you using with it? These pics look amazing I must know how you pull them off.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I can't really take credit for the pics because I wasn't using my brain that day. The pictures were awesome out of Eric's camera and I'm glad he had enough trust in that I wouldn't screw them up in Photoshop.

Originally Posted by newton22
Goddamn! Definately professional material. I don't understand, is the camera guy in another car moving along side?

BTW, your pictures are still on my website.

http://www.ndesign.netfirms.com/id9.htm
Hey Newton, I forgot all about that. Looks great!

Eric is a professional photographer so his work usually comes out top notch. I know you like browsing photos so check out his site at http://www.razoxstudio.com. He just recently got into automotive photography and, as a career move, it seems to be heading in the right direction. With that being said, to respect his wishes, I can't really disclose what he does for the motion shots out as he does do this for a living. Newton, you know I'm more than willing to help you out with questions you may have but when I've been asked to zip it I have to respect that person's wishes. I hope you guys understand.

Originally Posted by 360_iti
No, the only way for the camera guy to take those kind of pics is to run along side the car. Not riding in another car.

sdsilverm3 those are beautiful shots. Calendar quality. Now if MBW does calendar again for next year, they need to use one of these shots. Loved the monochrome background combined with a clean white car as the centerpiece.
I, for the most part, am not a fan of monochrome or black&white photos but the scene was just right for me to give it a try. Speaking of calendars, is the current one already being produced? I haven't seen anything posted regarding its completion. I need to start doing food pics next. Your sig is making me hungry.

Originally Posted by NeoZero
Awesome Pictures Ling! Those pictures and your car in general should be in a magazine. I really love the rolling shot images.

What location is that? And also, what kind of camera is your friend using?
Thanks Ken. You know, it was supposed to be posted up in an online publication but some issues came up at the last second that wouldn't allow Eric to do so. The location is in San Diego under a bridge but I don't know if I'm allowed to disclose exact info so I'll leave it at that for now.

The camera used to take the marjority of the pics was a Canon 5D with 16-35mm L lens.

Originally Posted by PIXC55
WOWOWOWOWOW looks great i have to get some pics of mine like that.....fly to miami i will pay for the film........
Hey Eddy, we'll provide the "film" you just provide air travel and lodging.

Originally Posted by JamE55
Awsome pics Ling! You are definitely the man when it comes to taking pics! What camera model and lens was used on those pics? Simply incredible!
Thanks James. We need to do some more shots of your car (under the hood) when you get it back. The answer to your question is above.

Originally Posted by genechien
horrible totally horrible!! haha just kidding, beautiful pics as always. BBS really needs to pay you for representing their rims so well.
LOL thanks Gene... BBS can just credit me some money for $300+ worth of spacers I bought from them and I'll be more than happy.

Originally Posted by anthuny85
very nice pics sdsilverm3, gorgeous car. youre my idol
Thanks for the kind words. Your car is coming along nicely. White is right.

Originally Posted by ChrisDPham
Ling is king when it comes to snapping pictures and photoshop. LOL
Mwhahaha I wish. I still have got a lot to learn in Photoshop. So many features in there I don't even use because I haven't figured out what they do yet. I learn something new with every set of pics I do.

Originally Posted by RawAMGpower
In the moving shots how fast is the car going? Is the person taking the pictures moving too or standing still? I assume your using a DSLR so what kind is it and what kind of lenses are you using with it? These pics look amazing I must know how you pull them off.
Please refer to the answer I gave above on why I can't answer regarding the motion shots. Camera and lens used were the Canon 5d and 16-35L lens.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Check my Sig
Nice shots
Old 08-18-2006, 07:13 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sdsilverm3
Thanks James. We need to do some more shots of your car (under the hood) when you get it back.
You can take as many pictures as you want with my car and you know that! How about we do a mini meet when i get my car back? Let's do lunch my treat. Let me know.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:19 PM

a toy

Incredible. Simply incredible.

I think I need a napkin.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:20 PM

F10
awesome car, great phot skills, nothin but props to you and you're buddy. Thanks for sharing great assets.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JamE55
You can take as many pictures as you want with my car and you know that! How about we do a mini meet when i get my car back? Let's do lunch my treat. Let me know.
Awesome. Now you just need to work on getting the car back.

Originally Posted by Roupin

Incredible. Simply incredible.

I think I need a napkin.
Hahaha....just make sure you wash your hands before you touch my camera next weekend.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:26 AM
Banned

AMGs
Ling,

You GOT MAD SKILLS bro!
Old 08-19-2006, 01:36 AM

Batmobile
Wow those are some great photos and one of the most beautiful C55's I've seen in a long time.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:52 AM

2005 C55
SICK! I love the one before last with the caliper showing, nice job on that one, and the last pic
Old 08-19-2006, 10:42 AM

Black 2002 C32 AMG
Really nice pics.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:31 AM
Out Of Control!

Awesome. Now you just need to work on getting the car back.
Almost forgot about that part... lol
Old 08-19-2006, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 AMG Black on Carlsson 1/6 EVO
Your car is NASTY!!! Love the pictures!!
Old 08-19-2006, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
Hey Newton, I forgot all about that. Looks great!

Eric is a professional photographer so his work usually comes out top notch. I know you like browsing photos so check out his site at http://www.razoxstudio.com. He just recently got into automotive photography and, as a career move, it seems to be heading in the right direction. With that being said, to respect his wishes, I can't really disclose what he does for the motion shots out as he does do this for a living. Newton, you know I'm more than willing to help you out with questions you may have but when I've been asked to zip it I have to respect that person's wishes. I hope you guys understand.
I don't mind the least bit and I understand.

Though, you know I'm gonna head out one of these days and attempt the shots on my own. lol
Old 08-19-2006, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
that looks amazing Ling! good stuff!
Old 08-20-2006, 04:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks for the positive comments everyone.

Originally Posted by newton22
I don't mind the least bit and I understand.

Though, you know I'm gonna head out one of these days and attempt the shots on my own. lol
By all means, go out and shoot. Practice makes perfect.

Here's a teaser of the next photo project I'm working on right now...... 996tt FTW!

Old 08-20-2006, 05:24 AM
Almost a Member!

current W204 previous W203
sdsilverm3, nice pics and nice car! can you tell me how you get your front to be so low? I used kleemann lowering spring and i got the drop at the back pretty similar to yours but my front still has 2 fingers gap. I don't like the gap and want to lower it some more but was advised by my local workshop that it is not advisable to go that low cause if I break hard, the wheel will hit the fender. I was thinking of cutting the spring in front but was advise against that too. i guess the only option is to change the rubber pad to thiner one. Would appreciate your advice. Thanks.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CBlack
sdsilverm3, nice pics and nice car! can you tell me how you get your front to be so low? I used kleemann lowering spring and i got the drop at the back pretty similar to yours but my front still has 2 fingers gap. I don't like the gap and want to lower it some more but was advised by my local workshop that it is not advisable to go that low cause if I break hard, the wheel will hit the fender. I was thinking of cutting the spring in front but was advise against that too. i guess the only option is to change the rubber pad to thiner one. Would appreciate your advice. Thanks.
The only way to get the front that low is with coilovers. I guess you can cut the springs in the front to achieve the same ride height but you do so at your own risk and not advisable. There is no spring pad to change out in the front. Your wheel shouldn't hit the fender in the front if the offset of your wheels is where it should be.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:34 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
What great pics.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E320
Incredible pics of your awesome ride!!! MORE PICS OF THAT SICK *** 996tt!!! (wish we had a drooling smiley)
Old 08-20-2006, 03:33 PM

2006 BMW X5 4.8is and 2005 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by CBlack
I was thinking of cutting the spring in front
What are you in high school? Thoughts like that only belong on a Honda Civic forum.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:08 PM

'14 428i M-Sport, '02 C32 AMG
SICK c55. awesome pics bro
Old 08-20-2006, 11:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Sick pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2006, 08:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts