C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Lowering a C55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 05:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Renntech C class
Lowering a C55

Never really thought about modding the car but the bug kinda got to me a little bit....

I am thinking about lowering the car and add some wheels/front lip.

What do you guys recommend for lowering? I don't see any point in coilovers since I don't hit the track with this car at all...do C32 and C55's share the same lowering parts?

Thanks!

John
Old 08-20-2006, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
Originally Posted by dorikin_86
Never really thought about modding the car but the bug kinda got to me a little bit....

I am thinking about lowering the car and add some wheels/front lip.

What do you guys recommend for lowering? I don't see any point in coilovers since I don't hit the track with this car at all...do C32 and C55's share the same lowering parts?

Thanks!

John
While coilovers and tracking used to go hand in hand, it is no longer the case. I would venture to say the large majority of W203 guys who are running coilovers (which is alot) never track their cars. I use coilovers because of the ability to get the exact ride height I want with upgraded handling and have never even thought about hitting the track.
All C's share the same chassis and suspension parts are cross compatible as far as fitment, though there are some setups that say they are specifically designed for the different weights of cars, as the C55 engine is clearly heavier than the C230 engine. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Blake P; 08-20-2006 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:48 AM

2005 Renntech C class
Thanks for the reply.

I see that KW's are popular around here....is there anything else that's good? I didn't have a good experience with KW's on my bmw...
Old 08-20-2006, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
Originally Posted by dorikin_86
Thanks for the reply.

I see that KW's are popular around here....is there anything else that's good? I didn't have a good experience with KW's on my bmw...
H&R's were the most popular choice for a long time until TEIN came out with their coilovers. Bilstein PSS9 seem to be the undiputed champ for performance, with KW arguably a close second place.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Blake P
H&R's were the most popular choice for a long time until TEIN came out with their coilovers. Bilstein PSS9 seem to be the undiputed champ for performance, with KW arguably a close second place.

Tein's are the most affordable high quality coilover kit on the market, I would personally say, followed by KW, and Bilstein and H&R in terms of price to quality.

Give us a call and we can help you with all of the aprove suspension lines.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:28 PM

Black 2002 C32 AMG
Make sure you do your research and ask members that are using the parts your interested in before buying. If your looking to have a smooth riding car make sure to ask the right questions so you are happy wit the ride and not just the looks.