C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Kleeman Performance Upgrade Kit for C32 - experience?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kleeman Performance Upgrade Kit for C32 - experience?

Want to do the pulley/ecu upgrade, have a Kleeman authorized dealer/installer right near my house in Burlingame, but reviewed the sticky re "best 1/4 mile times" and most posts are from people with Renntech stage I kit for the c32.

Does anyone have good experience with Kleeman kit (pulley/ecu) - proven dyno numbers, proven 1/4 mile time/improvement, easy install - actaul numbers, like on the 1/4 mile sticky? Thanks for any info. I searched, but almost all posts are from renntech kits.

Also, I assume either Kleeman/Renntech kits would void the remaining factory warranty? So, best route would be to make sure dealer has done all the required warranty work, then let the 4 yr warranty expire, and then install one of the kits?

Besides the stage I kit, resonator delete, filters, maybe lighter/wider wheels and tires or lowering springs by 1", these appear to be the major improvements to the c32? Thanks.

Mike
Old 08-22-2006, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C32
Don't forget Sprint Booster and Quaife LSD
Old 08-22-2006, 01:09 AM

Black 2002 C32 AMG
jgsx, Do you know if that Sprint Booster effects cars with CPU performance upgrades like Evosport?
Old 08-22-2006, 01:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C32
Originally Posted by alterego
jgsx, Do you know if that Sprint Booster effects cars with CPU performance upgrades like Evosport?
Sure. It doesn't matter if the car is stock or modified. The sprint booster just modifies the throttle drive by wire signal so that the car thinks that you're pressing the throttle further than you actually are.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:42 PM
Almost a Member!

I'm also very interested in this same topic. Since I can't get an extended warranty I might as well upgrade if something breaks after my warranty expires next year.

Thanks for posting this question!!
Old 09-07-2006, 01:27 AM

Talking

Old 09-09-2006, 08:36 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
If you want the best result for bang for your buck go with mix and match your own stage 1+ kit.

ASP is the best alternative as far as pulley kit price goes. Evosport's second.

for ECU I personally had it done at place called speedinnovations. powerchip was never in my consideration as it is way to expensive.

Filters are simple swap. You can go with either K&N or Green.

Headers, only few company makes it for the M112 V6. Supersprint makes them and it's around $2500. Evosport also has them for around $1400 which is $1k less than Supersprint.

As far as other stuff, you can also do colder spark plugs (denso IK series is most popular) and ignition wires from Magnecor. Cheapest place online I've already listed it in the plugs and wire thread.