C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

2002 C32 is possessed and/or weird - Dyno mode

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 08:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
2002 C32 is possessed and/or weird - Dyno mode

Some background: Generally in the past, when I've tried dyno-mode, at some point in the excursion, the car goes into limp-home mode. I'm not sure what triggers it, but I've been able to induce it with a brake-stand.

Flash to today: I have an autox event tommorow so I did a brake-bleed and took her for a little spin to make sure things are copacetic. Brake-bleed helped a little, but I would still like a feather-touch brake-pedal, which I don't have now even after StopTech steel-braided brake-lines. But I digress - I tried dyno mode to see if there was something weird I was doing to induce limp-home mode. I drove around longer than usual, and it never went into limp-home mode. I had the back-end out on just about every turn, and it felt just amazing!!! I haven't been able to 'drift' like that since I was 16 my 1983 Caprice Classic. In any case, I thought I would try some threshold braking, and at some point in my testing my brakes locked-up and suddenly there was nothing under the gas, and at first I thought I had gone into limp-home mode, but no...the engine had shut-off!!!

I restarted the car and everything was normal-seeming.
Anyone got anything?
Old 08-26-2006, 09:20 PM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
were you low on fuel?
Old 08-28-2006, 03:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
Only about a quarter tank, but that's a good thought - I would think it would have to be almost empty to do what you're suggesting though, wouldn't it?
Old 08-28-2006, 03:24 PM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bif powell
Only about a quarter tank, but that's a good thought - I would think it would have to be almost empty to do what you're suggesting though, wouldn't it?
you never know, but with only 1/4 of a tank of gas and based on your description, i would say that since it hasn't repeated itself you pushed the gas to the front of the tank and starved the pump...

i would just make sure you have at least 1/2 a tank of gas if you are going to drive at the limits like that...just to be on the safe side