C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

can't start car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 02:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 SLK 32 AMG
can't start car

hey guys i can't start my car. when i turn the ignition it just makes a clicking sound and also on the odometer it says start error. what does that mean? is it gonna cost a lot to fix??

also if i have to tow my car i was thinking about renting a uhaul auto transport to save money on towing. have and of you guys used this before on your lowered car ???
Old 08-28-2006, 04:02 AM

Flint Gray E63
Sounds like your battery is dead. You can call MB Roadside Assistance and someone will come right to your home and replace the battery for you. Should cost around $150 or less. 1-800-FOR-MERCEDES (1-800-367-6372)

When batteries are low on charge, the starter motor will usually make a clicking sound. Also, try turning on your windshield wipers and see if they move slower than usual. If they move slow, your battery is definitely low.

Now, the question is, why is your battery dead? If it is more than four years old it's probably just age and time to replace it. If the battery is less than two years old and you did not leave your lights or something else on while parked, then you might want to have your alternator checked to make sure it is generating the correct amount of power to recharge the battery while the car is running.

Good luck...
Old 08-31-2006, 10:32 AM

MB C32 AMG
can't start car problem

I had a similar problem, one wire to the fuel pump overheated and shorted out electronic parts in the back. Total cost $1090. Hopefully in your case it's just the battery or the alternator. Also check all your fuses maybe a fuse just blew. If you have full coverage on your MB just call your insurance and have them pay for the towing if it's long distance to the dealer.

Good Luck!
Old 08-31-2006, 02:16 PM

2002 C32
Well how about that for a coincidence, mine was completely dead this morning too, I had to jump start it from my wife's Durango. Hopefully in my case it was the Belkin iPod charger I left plugged in over night (first time I've used it) otherwise the battery might be going, the only casualty from the dead battery/jump start was the Tele aid module (so far), the error message reads "Tele Aid visit workshop! SOS".
Anyone know how to clear it?