C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Does Anybody know a good Mercedes Chip/ECU/TCU programmer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Does Anybody know a good Mercedes Chip/ECU/TCU programmer?

I am looking for a BONA-FIDE Mercedes chip tuner that can re-program the 2006 model AMGs for a Company that contract over 100 AMG's to be custom tuned to maximize their SuperCharger Kit. In addition to the ECU this person must also be able to reprogram the Tranny Control Unit to minimize drivetrain loss and transmission slippage. The compensation could be quite rewarding!
Old 08-29-2006, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Originally Posted by AMGSC
I am looking for a BONA-FIDE Mercedes chip tuner that can re-program the 2006 model AMGs for a Company that contract over 100 AMG's to be custom tuned to maximize their SuperCharger Kit . In addition to the ECU this person must also be able to reprogram the Tranny Control Unit to minimize drivetrain loss and transmission slippage. The compensation could be quite rewarding!
O M F G

This is good stuff... part deux...

Last edited by pshek; 08-29-2006 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
You can laugh now but the MP122H(elix) Supercharger is out and is being sold to Aftermarket tuners. I personally spoke with the Chief Engineer/Developer of this new SC at Magnusson HQ and he told me that it is superior and far more efficient than the MP112.

In fact, I heard rumors that this SC will replace the Lysholm that is currently used on the Kleemann kit. This SC has twisted rotors that form a very pronounced Helix making it even more efficient than the old twin-screw design.

Guess who is going to be the first C55 owner with this new blower? Coupled with a BONA-FIDE benz chip tuner/programmer/software engineer and a beefed up heavy duty cooling system, the Magnusson experts told me that I could be making 500+rwhp provided the ECU and TCU are tuned properly.

According to Magnusson's "Hot Rod King" as he calls himself at Magnusson, the key is to find the right programmer because even Chrysler owners are getting frustrated with the inablility to tune the new ODB/ECU that Mercedes put in all their Chrysler vehicles. In fact he told me that many Chrysler owners have switched to Ford or GM brands in order to SC their cars.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Thumbs down

"You can't polish a turd." Are you going to buy a GM or FORD (Fix Or Repair Daily)?

Last edited by pshek; 08-30-2006 at 01:10 AM.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
add me to the list

+1 to the laughing list.

Honestly who gives a **** if the supercharger is the next best out there ... you can't freaking tune it.

The only 3 tuners(that I know) with a supercharger that (WORKS WELL) for mercedes is Carlsson, Kleemann and RT. I highly doubt your asking for those companies ...

If your still dealing with with that past company, that did your supercharger, I got to say your an IDIOT. If you talking about a new company ... my best advice would be to RUN if they don't have the programmer and are asking for your help to find one.

I hope people realize that the programmer is the most critical nowadays for the tuning of these new cars. The level of programming necessary has gotten significantly higher with all the controls the vendors have now.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by pshek
"You can't polish a turd." Are you going to buy a GM or FORD (Fix Or Repair Daily)?
How about a friendly race with my "turd" setup? We can meet at HOP any day any time. I will put my pinkslip on the line.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:13 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter

Trending Topics

Old 08-30-2006, 03:23 AM

2006 BMW X5 4.8is and 2005 C55 AMG
AMGSC do you still have the HPS blower on your car? If your looking for the ultimate super charger get the RENNtech high boost. With that and the rest of their mods you'll likely be over 500 rwhp. Only thing is if you want that done you need to ship the car to RT themselves and it will cost likely somewhere between 40 to 50K.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:27 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
with just the supercharger...is that even physically possible??? 500rwhp??? I'm imagine you'll need a LOT of internal work as well.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by RawAMGpower
AMGSC do you still have the HPS blower on your car? If your looking for the ultimate super charger get the RENNtech high boost. With that and the rest of their mods you'll likely be over 500 rwhp. Only thing is if you want that done you need to ship the car to RT themselves and it will cost likely somewhere between 40 to 50K.

What he needs to realize is that with 11:1 compression I dont care what blower you use you cant turn up the wick enough to make 500+ WRHP.

Quest to a blown motor is now on to phase #2!!

If it works more "power" to him but I would never open so many doors to large trouble and destruction. After one crappy tuner I would ship my car to Florida and just let it be done correctly.

9:1 compression, upgraded block, better cams, the works = 500+ rwhp.... Anything less is just to risky for my blood!
Old 08-30-2006, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
I think we are about to see the First C55 that going to go Kaboom! if I were you I would ask or do some reserch on benny's set up on his C55 or Dragons old car and go that way. Dont be a fool this guys just want your money even, if it was free if your car goes kaboom you have agreed to having them use your car as a guinea pig.

Last edited by Trekman; 08-30-2006 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Sure is fun to watch
Old 08-30-2006, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
What he needs to realize is that with 11:1 compression I dont care what blower you use you cant turn up the wick enough to make 500+ WRHP.

Quest to a blown motor is now on to phase #2!!

If it works more "power" to him but I would never open so many doors to large trouble and destruction. After one crappy tuner I would ship my car to Florida and just let it be done correctly.

9:1 compression, upgraded block, better cams, the works = 500+ rwhp.... Anything less is just to risky for my blood!
I'm dealing directly with Magnusson now. They recommended lowering the boost from 7.5 to 5lbs/psi to get even more power with the current HPS blower. I am planning to purchase the MP122H(elix) to replace the current MP112 and develop a customized kit. Magnusson chief engineer and designer told me this MP122H(elix) which has just been released for commercial sale is the latest and greatest in Supercharger Technology. You can call Jim Cito yourself at Magnusson Products if you doubt me.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
How about a friendly race with my "turd" setup? We can meet at HOP any day any time. I will put my pinkslip on the line.
Not worth it. Your car ain't worth the pinkslip it's on, now that it has been whored by HPS as their official guinea pig test car. So I guess you're not removing the HPS kit anymore, huh? Did you get scared by the cost of a Kleeman kit? I kind of emphasized with your troubles before, now I know you just lack common sense.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
I'm dealing directly with Magnusson now. They recommended lowering the boost from 7.5 to 5lbs/psi to get even more power with the current HPS blower. I am planning to purchase the MP122H(elix) to replace the current MP122 and develop a customized kit. Magnusson chief engineer and designer told me this MP122H(elix) which has just been released for commercial sale is the latest and greatest in Supercharger Technology. You can call Jim Cito yourself at Magnusson Products if you doubt me.
What you are failing to realize is that these guys have no clue about your car. They make blowers.

So even if this magical blower is so amazing your motor will still end up with melted internals or a cracked block due to the fact that you are pressing it beyond what it can take.

Stop and ask yourself 1 quick question. Why does RENNtech NOT make a high boost or 500-hp+ kits for the stock C55? Well that is due to the fact that Hartmut, a man who has worked on AMG and MB's for a very long time, knows that with 11:1 compression, no modified internals, and a stock block the car can not take that kind of pressure. I think Hartmut knows the point at which a C55's block will NOT be able to take the stress. Even if you were to drop the compression on your engine you still would have a block that is far weaker than that used in all the AMG 55k motors. The AMG block is strengthened and the method in which the lower end is assembled and attached to the block is completely revised to deal with the stress of a car making 500+ hp.

So like a poster said above. Either do what you know works on the 11:1 non-upgraded C55 engine (aka Kleemann kits and RENNtech low boost kits) OR send your car to RENNtech and have the high-boost kit installed, which includes re-building the internals, lowering compression, and strengthening the block.

Did you notice that Hartmut at RENNtech told BENNYZ that he should not run a NOS kit on his car because he was asking too much of the stock engine? He felt that with time there could be real serious damage to the car. BENNY respected a man who is likely the finest in the business and removed the NOS kit.

No need for me to call some guy who makes a blower. You were impressed enough with Adam at HPS to buy his junk pile and look what you got. So here you go again buying another unknown part from some no name tuner (who never works on C55's). I thought you learned your lesson!!!

Not to be rude here but if you plan to use this car at road course events a shifty supercharger built by some no person with no understanding of the car at hand will cause you to either burn a piston your just totally destroy your motor.

Good luck with your car.

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 08-30-2006 at 09:08 PM.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVE
I'm dealing directly with Magnusson now. They recommended lowering the boost from 7.5 to 5lbs/psi to get even more power with the current HPS blower. I am planning to purchase the MP122H(elix) to replace the current MP112 and develop a customized kit. Magnusson chief engineer and designer told me this MP122H(elix) which has just been released for commercial sale is the latest and greatest in Supercharger Technology. You can call Jim Cito yourself at Magnusson Products if you doubt me.
ygpm.

flip
Old 08-30-2006, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What you are failing to realize is that these guys have no clue about your car. They make blowers.

So even if this magical blower is so amazing your motor will still end up with melted internals or a cracked block due to the fact that you are pressing it beyond what it can take.

Stop and ask yourself 1 quick question. Why does RENNtech NOT make a high boost or 500-hp+ kits for the stock C55? Well that is due to the fact that Hartmut, a man who has worked on AMG and MB's for a very long time, knows that with 11:1 compression, no modified internals, and a stock block the car can not take that kind of pressure. I think Hartmut knows the point at which a C55's block will NOT be able to take the stress. Even if you were to drop the compression on your engine you still would have a block that is far weaker than that used in all the AMG 55k motors. The AMG block is strengthened and the method in which the lower end is assembled and attached to the block is completely revised to deal with the stress of a car making 500+ hp.

So like a poster said above. Either do what you know works on the 11:1 non-upgraded C55 engine (aka Kleemann kits and RENNtech low boost kits) OR send your car to RENNtech and have the high-boost kit installed, which includes re-building the internals, lowering compression, and strengthening the block.

Did you notice that Hartmut at RENNtech told BENNYZ that he should not run a NOS kit on his car because he was asking too much of the stock engine? He felt that with time there could be real serious damage to the car. BENNY respected a man who is likely the finest in the business and removed the NOS kit.

No need for me to call some guy who makes a blower. You were impressed enough with Adam at HPS to buy his junk pile and look what you got. So here you go again buying another unknown part from some no name tuner (who never works on C55's). I thought you learned your lesson!!!

Not to be rude here but if you plan to use this car at road course events a shifty supercharger built by some no person with no understanding of the car at hand will cause you to either burn a piston your just totally destroy your motor.

Good luck with your car.
Great Advice... I will forward this post to my contacts....but Magnusson is not a no name company. They are the exclusive distributors of Eaton Superchargers for the Aftermarket segment for ALL makes of cars. Yes I am still looking for the right programmer.

Last edited by AMGSC; 08-30-2006 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
AMGSG, what are you trying to do? Are you just looking for more power than what Kleeman and Renntech offer for your car, or are you trying to get there cheaper? If you're looking for a ton of power, you're working on the wrong car. What's the point of driving a benz if it is on the brink of blowing up. If you're trying to get there cheap, you obviously have already spent way more than going with Kleeman/Renntech. If you're thinking about developing a kit for others, no benz owner with his head on straight is going to buy it.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:30 PM

I believe they also bore the block out to 5.5 or 5.6 liters from 5.4. No C55 has ever got the high boost kit. So if you want to get it you would probably be the first and last. RENNtech to my knowledge has only installed one high boost kit and it was on a SLK55 and from what I heard that SLK smoked the ***** out of a SLR. The high boost kit alone I believe adds something like 200-250 hp to your car and if you add the headers and airbox that will be like another 50 hp. The car would be running probably high to mid 10s in the quarter. I doubt Magnusson could give you that type of increase with any reliability.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by RawAMGpower
I believe they also bore the block out to 5.5 or 5.6 liters from 5.4. No C55 has ever got the high boost kit. So if you want to get it you would probably be the first and last. RENNtech to my knowledge has only installed one high boost kit and it was on a SLK55 and from what I heard that SLK smoked the ***** out of a SLR. The high boost kit alone I believe adds something like 200-250 hp to your car and if you add the headers and airbox that will be like another 50 hp. The car would be running probably high to mid 10s in the quarter. I doubt Magnusson could give you that type of increase with any reliability.
RENNtech will not make a highboost kit without doing the work needed to strengthen the motor and block. As far as I know the displacement is the same for the motors but the compression ratio is lower in the high boost kit. 11:1 vs 9:1.

Highboost kits with all the works will push out about 575-600 hp maybe a bit more if you do top mount intercoolers etc.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

RENNtech will not make a highboost kit without doing the work needed to strengthen the motor and block. As far as I know the displacement is the same for the motors but the compression ratio is lower in the high boost kit. 11:1 vs 9:1.

Highboost kits with all the works will push out about 575-600 hp maybe a bit more if you do top mount intercoolers etc.
Renntech all of a sudden is coming to the forefront after only hearing from Kleemann groupies. You are right about my ideas to possibly partner in a custom kit that is alot cheaper but can compete with the established European MB Aftermarket tuners (Kleemann, Renntech, Brabus, Carlsson and Lorinser) in terms of performance and reliability without the major internal work. I am only trying to get 150 extra ponies I thought I was getting with the HPS Gen II, not outragious power like over 200+.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:05 PM
Banned

S600TT, R350
Here we go again.

AMGSC, my friend you take the trophy for being the best at

My best wishes to you.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:05 PM

I looked it up they do convert it from 5.4 to 5.5 liters. The rough numbers I'm figuring the car should be putting out is 590 hp which with a 18% drivetrain loss should put it a 483 rwhp. RENNtech apparently offers even higher boost superchargers upon request at a additional charge they say.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:23 AM

Audi C7.5 S6
AMGSC,

Why not just get a Renntech or Kleeman supercharger installed on your C55, instead of creating this science fair project?

There is a huge difference between a completely debugged supercharger upgrade and a piecemeal experiment. In the long run it would be far better to just give in and go the easy, safe and sane route.

Do you really want to

It does feel good when you stop, though.

Well try calling GIAC and see, if they are interested in a project?

http://www.giacusa.com/about.php

Last edited by m444; 08-31-2006 at 02:04 AM.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:45 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Interesting thread.... I'll just sit back with the others and enjoy it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does Anybody know a good Mercedes Chip/ECU/TCU programmer?