C32's: Who has raced an Audi S4?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by EvilllEmpirE
very nice.....some of us S4 guys would like to do some runs against some fast RS6's.....thing is we have never come across any "FAST" ones....just stock, perhaps with a chip. Whereabouts in LA is he? Was your TT stock? TIA
He was based in Beverly Hills. He's now in Phoenix due to his line of work but will be back soon I hope as it's fun riding shotgun.

I'm always about in L.A. though. I'l keep my eyes open. Not going to worry your beast though! I know my cars limits but is does burble away nicely.

Yeah my TT was stock, 414bhp. I toyed with the idea of getting an X50 style makeover done (X50 itself can't be retrofitted and is v expensive) for an extra 30bhp or so but in the end thought it wasn't worth it. Best run was against an orange Gallardo up Mulholland last November. I had the brakes and low down power on the exits on him and think he was pretty shocked. Very close though and eventually let him pass as the guy was acting stupid in the bends when there was other cars on the road.

BTW, you sound like you really know your Audis. OK if I PM you a couple of questions as I'm thinking of going the RS6 route and may ebter the world of (very slight) mods. Just answer when you get chance. Would be most appreciated.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by Harry Madan
but if you compare the Stock S4 to an C32 we all know the results of that race. That is all you need to know rest is just the $$$ talking.
How about in the wet?

Last edited by Carl Lassiter; 09-05-2006 at 07:51 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 09-05-2006, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi S4 Avant and BMW X5 4.4
Originally Posted by dragonAMG
I apologize for being such a smartass... I thought you were basically coming in dissing our cars (I didn't read all the posts, just glanced). That is obvisiously not the case after reading your reply to my post.

As far as HP and Torque... I'm putting down 480 RWHP & 550 RWTQ running the 1/4 at 11.6x' @ 122-124

We actually rented the Cal speedway in Fontana on September 15th. You should come out. It's going to be a blast. A few E55's, an E63, a CLS 55, a M5 and M6, and a 911 TT. Details -- https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/158734-ca-speedway-drag-day-confirmed-9-15-sign-up-here.html
no probs.....i am a car Enthusiast....especially Euros (ahem German) so i would never diss any...especially an E55 AMG, we all know what monster they are. I'm actually debating on getting one (E55 Wagon) for the wifey, but she wants "more room" and 3rd row seating i think she's for wanting another SUV, but prob end up getting the new X5 4.8

So you guys are the ones renting out California Speedway for the day! Awesome! I actually live like 10 minutes from the Speedway (in Rancho Cucamonga)!!! I would LOVE to come, but i am heading to NY this Friday for business for about 3 weeks or so Damn!!! I would of really liked to see those cars in action!!! Oh well.....ill have to settle for the vids I guess. That should be one great day to see how the cars stack up!!! I've been wanting to do one of those Mercesdes AMG vs. BMW M vs. Audi RS/S vs. Porsche comparisons for the longest time! Glad to see you guys are making it happen!

11.6@122-124 is FAST! Congrats! Have you had a chance to run the new Z06 yet? Theres a few Stage 3 S4's that have trapped 120-129 range. I don't think mine is that quick, though i guess I'm in the 118-119 range. We should def m33t up sometime......i think it' be fun. Can't believe you guys will be at Speedway in couple of weeks and I will be away!!!
Old 09-05-2006, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
He was based in Beverly Hills. He's now in Phoenix due to his line of work but will be back soon I hope as it's fun riding shotgun.

I'm always about in L.A. though. I'l keep my eyes open. Not going to worry your beast though! I know my cars limits but is does burble away nicely.

Yeah my TT was stock, 414bhp. I toyed with the idea of getting an X50 style makeover done (X50 itself can't be retrofitted and is v expensive) for an extra 30bhp or so but in the end thought it wasn't worth it. Best run was against an orange Gallardo up Mulholland last November. I had the brakes and low down power on the exits on him and think he was pretty shocked. Very close though and eventually let him pass as the guy was acting stupid in the bends when there was other cars on the road.

BTW, you sound like you really know your Audis. OK if I PM you a couple of questions as I'm thinking of going the RS6 route and may ebter the world of (very slight) mods. Just answer when you get chance. Would be most appreciated.
no problem......PM me anytime. My buddy has an RS6 with chip, exhaust, and intake. It's pretty quick.....just doesn't have the "violent" thrust of Biturbo S4's. The power is very very smooth though
Old 09-05-2006, 08:33 PM

if you do the modification available for the C32 then you will most like take the S4 back to school again.
not to be negative about C32's.....but everything on the market tops them out at about 450ish HP. So even if you DID do all the "modifications" available to the C32 (short of NOS).....it would still be a little short of a normal Stage 3 S4 (500ish HP give or take). Just clarifying

Like they say with money comes power, so depends on how much money you have to dump in your car the more power you can walk out of it. but if you compare the Stock S4 to an C32 we all know the results of that race. That is all you need to know rest is just the $$$ talking.
that is true.....but if you're gonna compare "stock" C32 or C55 to "stock" RS4.....well, we all know the results of that race too. The rest is perhaps $$ talking.....but then again, i wasn't comparing my car to a "stock C32"
Old 09-05-2006, 08:39 PM

06 C55
Well I think the real comparisons of the 2 cars should be done at stock, with the modification that one does to car can make it do anything you want it to do, it all just varies on how much money you have to dump into your car and what you can live with, a C32 Stock can take an S4 Stock any day of the week and I have done that more then once, but I you start adding a lot to you car bring it Stage 3 and on…. ya the stock C32 will have some trouble keeping up to the S4 because its heavily modified, if you do the modification available for the C32 then you will most like take the S4 back to school again. I have yet to race an Stage 3 S4, they are just not around here that much. So I can tell you home badly that car can beat me. But a stock C32 I think is very fast in it own, but for people who want more power its not like there are no options out there for this car that you would have to worry about loosing to an S4, dump like 5-10G’s in your C32 and see how many cars can still keep up with you. Like they say with money comes power, so depends on how much money you have to dump in your car the more power you can walk out of it. but if you compare the Stock S4 to an C32 we all know the results of that race. That is all you need to know rest is just the $$$ talking.
Well said,
this debate can go on for ever (who's faster than who) I have been to many, many street races and have seen BIG dollar cars get their A$$ handed to them by less expensive low budget cars. So as the quote said STOCK FOR STOCK all others have to battle it out
Old 09-05-2006, 09:06 PM

03' E39 M5, 10' CLS63 AMG
EvilllEmpirE, your right I did not say that you were comparing your car with a stock C32, the information you have with respect to C32 the most common modification will bring the car toping out to be about 450Hp but if you have the money to customize to the next level you can add bi-turbo to the c32 and it will take it to a new level, but there are very few people willing to spend that much money in there car, thus is the reason you don’t see those cars too much on the road, but if you like I can find the picture of a guy who has one in the south that has his C32 doing about 580hp but that was like 6-8 months ago when I saw his car so what he has done by now I’m not even too sure, but I know his cars goes to shows all around the world. So I know there is a lot of room to do what ever you want to your car it all depends on how thick your wallet is. Like I said before More Money = More Power. EvilllEmpirE I got nothing against your cars I like Audi’s they are very well made car and there is no dough your car can beat my car. but once again it’s the money talking.. Not your car! Where with my car it’s the car talking the real deal as per factory configuration, thus my car is not matched up against yours (for now at least).

If you really want a race I’ll put you up against my friends bug, a 1989 Bug and I’ll bet everything I got if you can even come up to the rear bumper of his car he will blow your doors off and hand them to you on a platinum platter, trust me I have seen him do it to a lot of cars and every time I see him race I’m like “wow”, in the city with me in his car I have seen him pull a wheelie of the read line and keep it up till 3 gear at the same time taking an M3 to school, and believe it or not his car is only pushing out about 250-280 Hp all natural. No nos no turbo no supercharge all natural he has a all hand made engine that he built him self. So like I said Money if you got it you can make any car do anything you want it to do.

if you want it to be a C32 I can probably find you some guy out there who has swapped his engine to give him more power then we can even think of.
i know for a fact that a C55 can easily adapt bi-turbo then a C32 can but let alone its doable.

like i said before all it take is $$$$$$$
Old 09-05-2006, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Stock vs stock doesn't mean much to me. I'm more interested in bolt ons vs bolt ons. Short of a supercharger, the C55 couldn't provide the power I wanted. The biturbo S4 was the most mod friendly, but I think it looks very dated. The new S4s couldn't provide the power level I wanted with bolt ons. So, I picked up a C32 and modded it.

Last edited by jgsx; 09-05-2006 at 09:14 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:47 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
there is a slight touch of lag (imo at least) but I dunno. Ask FrankW.....he could tell you better? Maybe i'm just too used to my car LOL But anyhow, the lag on K04 Turbos is pretty minimal, it spools really quick since they aren't big turbos at all. IMO, it does great for daily driving anf your ocassional high speed runs

I didn't feel there was a lag if any. It was just punch and go when you took me and my friend for a ride. The speed sensation was amazing.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:53 PM

C32 K AMG 03/2002
Actually.....i did destroy an F360...whats your point? You do know that an F360 is not that fast right? Or maybe not since it seems like you don't know much about how fast some cars really are I've never had a chance to run an F430, it could be faster than me, it could not (since they trap about 118-119 or so and I believe my car traps about that). You seem not to know much about Stage 3 S4's......but thats ok. I never said my car is the fastest around.....my reply was to your comment "S4's fleble skills are no match for the POWER of C32".....which is fairly ridiculous and ASENINE...period!
still don't get my point since I was referring to not modified cars. C32 has the edge (slightly) on the NEW S4 so it seems quite strange it doesn't hve the edge on the ORIGINAL version of yours.
Instead of rolling on the floor laughing maybe it's better to read other people's posts properly first.
the only ridiculous and ASENINE thing is that.
p.s.
"Originally Posted by Harry Madan
Well I think the real comparisons of the 2 cars should be done at stock, with the modification that one does to car can make it do anything you want it to do, it all just varies on how much money you have to dump into your car and what you can live with, a C32 Stock can take an S4 Stock any day of the week and I have done that more then once"
p.s.II
now that 360 is behind your back why don't you have a go with Fiorano 599
I am sure that after beating that one as well and post the video Ferrari Factory in Maranello will be glad to shut down the whole factory since it seems impossible to beat a certain Audi........

Last edited by Andras; 09-05-2006 at 09:56 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:59 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
oh yea...SilvaC32 who has a fully decked out C32 with Nitrous is pushing 370 at the wheel with the spray. forgot which dyno it was on tho.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:11 PM

C32 K AMG 03/2002
p.s.III
therefore the original post of mine i.e. "S4's fleble skills are no match for the power of C32" is actually true if we're talking stock cars. PERIOD.
with modified cars it's always a mess, it's "who's chasing who" territory.
There's a guy in Turkey with a 1.000+ hp ///M3, what about him?
Talking to those people who said I don't know cars I just want to tell that in Europe the only sensible ranking is made by running cars on the track i.e. tracktime
EVO Uk magazine is sort of a bible testing cars at Goodwood, England.
I would definitely like to see a 360 CS (you guys know what it is, right?) taking a beating by "that" S4 on such a track.
So before telling things having in mind just the dragstrip (which is nice but it doesn't take a proper pilot to excell, on the track it's different and we ALL know about that, right???) and telling 360 (CS) is a slow one think again.
360CS on a track can't be beaten by any BMW/AUDI/MB, stock or modified.
PERIOD
Old 09-05-2006, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Originally Posted by Andras
still don't get my point since I was referring to not modified cars. C32 has the edge (slightly) on the NEW S4 so it seems quite strange it doesn't hve the edge on the ORIGINAL version of yours.
Instead of rolling on the floor laughing maybe it's better to read other people's posts properly first.
p.s.
"Originally Posted by Harry Madan
Well I think the real comparisons of the 2 cars should be done at stock, with the modification that one does to car can make it do anything you want it to do, it all just varies on how much money you have to dump into your car and what you can live with, a C32 Stock can take an S4 Stock any day of the week and I have done that more then once"
p.s.II
now that 360 is behind your back why don't you have a go with Fiorano 599
I am sure that after beating that one as well and post the video Ferrari Factory in Maranello will be glad to shut down the whole factory since it seems impossible to beat a certain Audi........
Hey, Evill isn't being arrogant or acting like he has the fastest car in the world, so no need for the hostility. His car is fast -- nothin wrong with him talking about it
Old 09-05-2006, 10:15 PM

lol.....perhaps you weren't referring to modified cars....but you are in a forum where most cars )even C32's are modded to some extent (as yours seems to be given your Sig). Also...the original poster of this thead WAS referring "modded cars".....specifically his own modded S4 vs C32's (modded or not). So again.....your generalized comment about S4's and their "feeble" (that is how you spell it...not fleble) skills being no match for the "Power" of C32 is still, simply put, ASENINE

LOL.....and don't put words in my mouth please...never said anything about my car being faster than everything out there. But it's definitely faster than yours
Old 09-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Almost a Member!

lol.....perhaps you weren't referring to modified cars....but you are in a forum where most cars )even C32's are modded to some extent (as yours seems to be given your Sig). Also...the original poster of this thead WAS referring "modded cars".....specifically his own modded S4 vs C32's (modded or not). So again.....your generalized comment about S4's and their "feeble" (that is how you spell it...not fleble) skills being no match for the "Power" of C32 is still, simply put, ASENINE

LOL.....and don't put words in my mouth please...never said anything about my car being faster than everything out there. But it's definitely faster than yours
Evilll is right when I posted this thread I did not mean stock vs. stock I wanted to know which car would on average be quickest based on what is currently available or capable of being done to each car.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by jgsx
Hey, Evill isn't being arrogant or acting like he has the fastest car in the world, so no need for the hostility. His car is fast -- nothin wrong with him talking about it
its kool......i think he's getting a bit defensive for whatever reason(small P*nis factor perhaps) I was just stating facts from real life experiences on running some of these cars.....NOT what some Magazine said this and that. And fer sure not "well, i know this guys uncle's niece's brother who as a fast 2,000 HP M3 in Lalaland". Anyhow.....let's get back to having an intelligent discussion hopefully
Old 09-05-2006, 10:38 PM

C32 K AMG 03/2002

you don't put words in my mouth either
what makes you think my original post wasn't referring to stock cars? you read that the way it was best for you since it is obvious (does it spell it like that?) how fast your car is, nobody's so fool to deny it.
And yes, your car's faster than mine........just like it was slower in the original mode. So what?
I am confident your upgrades were made for good reliability, but that wouldn't be enough for me since I need full reliability and, to get closer to that (no car is perfect) the less you "move" from the original mode the better (most of the times anyway).
Point is: I think your car is a superb one but I also think that in the original mode is slower than a C32 and slower than that 360 you beated around a track.
But that doesn't mean I don't think it's a blast
p.s.
being italian my written english might be "fleeble", but I am sure your written italian is superb, isn't it?
Old 09-05-2006, 10:40 PM

C32 K AMG 03/2002

what makes you think my original post wasn't referring to stock cars? you read that the way it was best for you since it is obvious (does it spell it like that?) how fast your car is, nobody's so fool to deny it.
And yes, your car's faster than mine........just like it was slower in the original mode. So what?
I am confident your upgrades were made for good reliability, but that wouldn't be enough for me since I need full reliability and, to get closer to that (no car is perfect) the less you "move" from the original mode the better (most of the times anyway).
Point is: I think your car is a superb one but I also think that in the original mode is slower than a C32 and slower than that 360 you beated around a track.
p.s.
being italian my written english might be "fleeble", but I am sure your written italian is superb, isn't it?
Old 09-05-2006, 10:52 PM

C32 K AMG 03/2002
its kool......i think he's getting a bit defensive for whatever reason(small P*nis factor perhaps) I was just stating facts from real life experiences on running some of these cars.....NOT what some Magazine said this and that. And fer sure not "well, i know this guys uncle's niece's brother who as a fast 2,000 HP M3 in Lalaland". Anyhow.....let's get back to having an intelligent discussion hopefully
you want to get back to an intelligent discussion after such a post? you really think penises' lenght hints are a smart way to get the discussion back on track?
talking penises lenght I'm not the one who's furiously upgrading my car to show I have the longest dick, ehm, the fastest car around
Cheers
Old 09-05-2006, 10:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi C7.5 S6
So has anyone with a stage 2 Evosport package, added the schrick cams, plus ported and polished the heads on a C32?

Also, is there a twin screw blower (like Whipple or even the C32 source), that is one step higher in positive displacement? Pushing up the displacement on the blower should be more effective, that playing with the pullies.

Of course the stock intercooler is a bit of a restriction. One might need to port the blower also.

Don
Old 09-05-2006, 11:01 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
you want to get back to an intelligent discussion after such a post? you really think penises' lenght hints are a smart way to get the discussion back on track?
talking penises lenght I'm not the one who's furiously upgrading my car to show I have the longest dick, ehm, the fastest car around
Cheers
WTF...

the original post asked for comparisons "What were the conditions, mods to each car, and the end results?"

and without thinking you blurred out basically saying S4 is junk compare to the C32.

Now after numerous member corrected you that this thread is not just about stock S4 vs stock C32. YET you continue repeating the same thing over and over and bickering with another member.

No one here is saying that they have the fastest car and all other car are **** EXCEPT YOU!
Old 09-05-2006, 11:21 PM

C32 K AMG 03/2002
Originally Posted by FrankW
WTF...

the original post asked for comparisons "What were the conditions, mods to each car, and the end results?"

and without thinking you blurred out basically saying S4 is junk compare to the C32.

Now after numerous member corrected you that this thread is not just about stock S4 vs stock C32. YET you continue repeating the same thing over and over and bickering with another member.

No one here is saying that they have the fastest car and all other car are **** EXCEPT YOU!
Having said that I might have written the first post in too much rush and referring to stock cars only I am sorry (but not apologizing) for "heating up" after few "exchanges" with the S4 man. I also think that magazines might not be the bible but at least when they test cars on track they put a good pilot in each and every car so that comparisons are definitely better than some drag racing on open roads or something like that. Someone said Ferrari 360 (CS) is a slow car or something like that, I still think it's unbeatable on track by any stock or modified MB/AUDI/BMW.
And, to be totally honest with you, how about writing "WTF" quoting the "*****" post from the guy in the upgraded S4? I didn't come down to "personal" attacks first but I think you didn't notice that.
Ciao
Old 09-05-2006, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Originally Posted by m444
So has anyone with a stage 2 Evosport package, added the schrick cams, plus ported and polished the heads on a C32?

Also, is there a twin screw blower (like Whipple or even the C32 source), that is one step higher in positive displacement? Pushing up the displacement on the blower should be more effective, that playing with the pullies.

Of course the stock intercooler is a bit of a restriction. One might need to port the blower also.

Don
shrick cams - yes
port and polished heads - yes
port and polished blower - yes
stage II - no (skipped the pulley for now, just custom shorty headers)
Old 09-05-2006, 11:26 PM

p.s.
Bottom line is that the original poster was referring to modded cars...and the outcome of them. I sure read it that way....perhaps you did not. *shrugs*

PS. And now.....my Italian sucks ****...quite frankly
Old 09-06-2006, 12:23 AM

C32 K AMG 03/2002
now that it's finally peace with the S4 man I would like to ask if my feeling that twin turbos Audis might be more suitable for huge power upgrades in comparison with C32 is true or not. Since it is obvious that Evillempire took out of his S4 a monster upgrade the question that popped up in my mind was that getting his hp from a C32 might be doable but simply more difficult.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C32's: Who has raced an Audi S4?