C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Official Sprint Booster feedback thread.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-25-2006, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Originally Posted by regor60
'05 e55 now a disney ride with this
Regor,

Please explain your experience with the sprint booster as most of these claims are from W203 owners. Let me in on how it works iwth the W211. I want to get one too. Just want to know your thoughts. I have kleeman stage 1, ECU and pulley...it pretty much screams... not sure if the sprint booster will help me in my case...

Thanks in advance

Christian
Old 09-25-2006, 04:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 E55 Black
Originally Posted by x-tian-230k
Regor,

Please explain your experience with the sprint booster as most of these claims are from W203 owners. Let me in on how it works iwth the W211. I want to get one too. Just want to know your thoughts. I have kleeman stage 1, ECU and pulley...it pretty much screams... not sure if the sprint booster will help me in my case...

Thanks in advance

Christian
This is what I posted on the E55 board:

just put in a sprintbooster. Easy to do except for the recalcitrant clip, otherwise obvious. It's pretty hilarious, I have to say. Instant response like my 740i sport but brutal. Revs don't seem to climb on the gauge any differently but response is there. It's beyond the question of whose butt dyno is more sensitive than another's I'm sure. I dropped it off my foreign car place for an oil change and he took it around the block with me and he said "it's very responsive". It's a rewarding $250 spent. Rolling burnout with ESP off at 15-20 mph. I'll post again if things change.

Update: I just picked up the car and the tech asked me "what did you do to the throttle" and I told him he just shook his head.

I have to say I think this must improve 0-60 times but I have no data to support this belief
Old 09-25-2006, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Wow,

Thanks for the write up. Did you purchase this thru SLKFans or was it directly from the MFG? Please let me know as I am very interested at this piont. Oh did you see if the gas mileage go down?

Thanks in advance

Christian

Originally Posted by regor60
This is what I posted on the E55 board:

just put in a sprintbooster. Easy to do except for the recalcitrant clip, otherwise obvious. It's pretty hilarious, I have to say. Instant response like my 740i sport but brutal. Revs don't seem to climb on the gauge any differently but response is there. It's beyond the question of whose butt dyno is more sensitive than another's I'm sure. I dropped it off my foreign car place for an oil change and he took it around the block with me and he said "it's very responsive". It's a rewarding $250 spent. Rolling burnout with ESP off at 15-20 mph. I'll post again if things change.

Update: I just picked up the car and the tech asked me "what did you do to the throttle" and I told him he just shook his head.

I have to say I think this must improve 0-60 times but I have no data to support this belief
Old 09-25-2006, 05:08 PM
SPONSOR

i am curious about gas mileage as well, not that i care, just curious...did it go up or down for you guys?
Old 09-25-2006, 05:10 PM

06 E55 Black
slkfans. Haven't driven enough to see effect on fuel economy
Old 09-25-2006, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
silver 2002 c32 amg
Originally Posted by 1FASTC32
i am curious about gas mileage as well, not that i care, just curious...did it go up or down for you guys?

if there is any difference its most likely due to the urge to put your foot down

i've had a couple of runs taking it easy and i'd say i'm about the same as before
Old 09-25-2006, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry
That is where I got mine.

Jerry, your sprint booster was shipped today. I send you the tracking details via email....Have fun !
Old 09-26-2006, 09:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by slkfans
Jerry, your sprint booster was shipped today. I send you the tracking details via email....Have fun !
SLKFans,

I have an E55 W211. Can you hook me up with one. Let me know what I need to do!

Christian
Old 09-26-2006, 09:40 AM

06 E55 Black
Posted on the E55 board.

Driving to downtown Atlanta 16.1 mpg.

Pulling around a car at an offramp I gave it a little more throttle. The combination of turning slightly with the extra gas caused the ESP to flash. Noticed the rear wheels squirming quite a bit. Funny thing is while revs increased somewhat, torque seemed to increase substantially, isn't that what causes the squirm ? Maybe the kick is so quick the rev counter doesn't have time to respond. But I didn't hear any insane roar either. Otherwise, just light touches on the throttle seemed to work well with the commute and I left it in D the whole time where normally I'm downshifting periodically.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:10 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Mine shipped yesterday!
Old 09-26-2006, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by x-tian-230k
SLKFans,

I have an E55 W211. Can you hook me up with one. Let me know what I need to do!

Christian
Christian,

Check your PM....
Old 09-26-2006, 05:14 PM
SPONSOR

Mine shipped yesterday!
mine too!
Old 09-26-2006, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
I still don't get why this works so well?

So it's like going WOT everytime you tap the gas? It doesn't sound that great to me...
Old 09-26-2006, 06:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
No - it's about control. You get it back.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:42 PM
Almost a Member!

c55 amg
is it effective on C55 too? It's throttle response is ok uless u down press it and i am used to BMW immediate throttle. I don't feel confident doing any dangerous trick last min coz i know there is a little throttle lag..I want to hear any c55 owner exp and what diff did it make.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:59 PM

2006 BMW X5 4.8is and 2005 C55 AMG
If you have a renntech tuned ECU will this effect it in anyway? Has anyone with a C55 done this?
Old 09-26-2006, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by slkfans
Christian,

Check your PM....
can you send me a PM.. I need to order 2. 1 for my C32 and 1 for E55.

thanks,

Joe
Old 09-28-2006, 04:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
installed it last night. there is a noticeable difference in throttle response, especially from a standstill. from a stop, i almost lost my grip on the steering wheel from the quicker acceleration from being pushed back. i would recommand this product to others (easy install, cheap, noticealbe improvement in throttle response). Just be careful to feather the throttle, quick jabs at the pedal will cause your car to lurch forward and may cause some undesired effects if used unwisely.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:29 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by pshek
installed it last night. there is a noticeable difference in throttle response, especially from a standstill. from a stop, i almost lost my grip on the steering wheel from the quicker acceleration from being pushed back. i would recommand this product to others (easy install, cheap, noticealbe improvement in throttle response). Just be careful to feather the throttle, quick jabs at the pedal will cause your car to lurch forward and may cause some undesired effects if used unwisely.
nice, i hope mine gets here today...
Old 09-28-2006, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by pshek
how about cruising speed.. around 40 or so in D mode?

do the rpms jump to the kompressor power band (3.5k or so) sooner?

that is my biggest problem.. ( rather mash the pedal, than manually shift)
Old 09-28-2006, 01:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
Originally Posted by TopGun32
how about cruising speed.. around 40 or so in D mode?

do the rpms jump to the kompressor power band (3.5k or so) sooner?

that is my biggest problem.. ( rather mash the pedal, than manually shift)
I think I can address that (and maybe most questions about the Sprint Booster) with a generality. One of the main problems with the the 'stock' throttle behavior is that it makes the car into an all or nothing machine.

Normally when I come out of a corner, or want to just pass someone with moderate speed, I would put the throttle about where I think it should be and it wouldn't down-shift - it would just bog - so I would give it a little more gas and by now it's going a little faster...fast enough that it wouldn't want to downshift with what I thought of as requisite force - so now I have FLOOR it just to get it to down shift, and of course the car is fast, so I'm HAULING ***, when really I just wanted to go 'kinda fast'.

Also the tranny is schizophrenic; can't decide what ****en gear to be in. All that BS is gone now. The car is doing what I tell it, and I have a continuum of behavior at my disposal, as opposed to a car that is FAST AS HELL OR a car that is about like a C320.

It's not going to 'jump' to the s/c powerband per se, but on the highway, slight pressure on the throttle will cause it to downshift more predictably and assuredly than previously, and once there, you can modulate the throttle with more authority than before as well.

I hope that addresses your question to some degree.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:20 PM

After a lot of use, I'm finding that at least once a week throttle reset is still necessary, or the car begins to transition back to "all-or-nothing" behavior. Much of this is probably attributable to my regular driving, as I'm only occasionally in a place where nailing it is an option. In short: too much part-throttle still yields undesirable tranny "learning", even with a Sprintbooster installed.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:28 PM

c32, 190e 16v turbo
Originally Posted by m3_eater
After a lot of use, I'm finding that at least once a week throttle reset is still necessary, or the car begins to transition back to "all-or-nothing" behavior. Much of this is probably attributable to my regular driving, as I'm only occasionally in a place where nailing it is an option. In short: too much part-throttle still yields undesirable tranny "learning", even with a Sprintbooster installed.
Really?? I have not noticed this effect at all, then again i do get n my car sometimes. I dont know if it is still possible with the sprint booster installed. If you look at your sprint booster uninstalled you will notice that one of the pins is not used anymore.i.e. no wire going to it, i believe it was the pink wire. I was told, and i do repeat i was told, this is so the computer wouldent learn ones driving habits?

has anyone else noticed this?
Old 09-28-2006, 06:25 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
I installed mine a few minutes ago and WOW what a difference. I barked the tires pulling out of my garage with hardly any throttle at all.

Between 1-10, 10 being the best, I give this mod a 9. I would have given it a 10 if the price was lower. It has to be the most expensive piece of plastic I have ever purchased.

It was well worth it though.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:36 PM
SPONSOR

I installed mine a few minutes ago and WOW what a difference. I barked the tires pulling out of my garage with hardly any throttle at all.

Between 1-10, 10 being the best, I give this mod a 9. I would have given it a 10 if the price was lower. It has to be the most expensive piece of plastic I have ever purchased.

It was well worth it though.

i just got done installing mine...need to go for a drive now

BTW, update your sig with the new install...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Official Sprint Booster feedback thread.