Exhaust Video - C32 Custom Magnaflow

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C32
Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry
When did you get the LSD? I guess you can do a doughnut now huh? Like it?
I havent tried doing donuts. The LSD is an amazing mod, but like a lot of other things discussed on forums, it isn't as great as people make it out to be. Even with ESP disabled, traction control kicks in and takes away my power if I gun it at slow speeds. I don't understand how people talk about laying down rubber with C32s, I have never been able to lay down, with or without the LSD. I know that if I put the car in dyno mode I'd be able to though, but I never drive around in dyno mode.

When it is dry out, the car has way more traction, but when the car is about to break loose, I can feel that one wheel spins faster than the other, then traction control kicks in. I was hoping that I'd be able to gun it from a 30mph roll without traction control intervening, but unfortunately it still kills the party (even with ESP disabled).

In the rain my car is way more stable. Previously, if it was wet out, and I would give the car any sort of power, traction control would kick in. I was able to gun it at 60mph on the freeway and traction control would still come on and take away my power. That doesn't happen anymore.
Before the LSD, out of curiosity, I disabled ESP in the rain and gunned it from 5mph. My car got sideways. That doesn't happen any more either.

Today it snowed. This was the first time I drove the C32 in the snow. The car actually drove great, and I didn't have any traction issues. This was with summer PS2 tires. I don't think I would have done well without the LSD.

The car should have come with LSD from the factory. It is a great mod, but it does not solve traction issues, but it helps big time.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black 2002 C32 AMG
My buddies 03 can light then up in 1st and 2nd? I can light them up in 1st but if I am in D I can not light them up. I only get a chirp out of Drive but in 1st I can light them up. Wow I can believe it snowing there already It so hot here still.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:42 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by jgsx
I havent tried doing donuts. The LSD is an amazing mod, but like a lot of other things discussed on forums, it isn't as great as people make it out to be. Even with ESP disabled, traction control kicks in and takes away my power if I gun it at slow speeds. I don't understand how people talk about laying down rubber with C32s, I have never been able to lay down, with or without the LSD. I know that if I put the car in dyno mode I'd be able to though, but I never drive around in dyno mode.

When it is dry out, the car has way more traction, but when the car is about to break loose, I can feel that one wheel spins faster than the other, then traction control kicks in. I was hoping that I'd be able to gun it from a 30mph roll without traction control intervening, but unfortunately it still kills the party (even with ESP disabled).

In the rain my car is way more stable. Previously, if it was wet out, and I would give the car any sort of power, traction control would kick in. I was able to gun it at 60mph on the freeway and traction control would still come on and take away my power. That doesn't happen anymore.
Before the LSD, out of curiosity, I disabled ESP in the rain and gunned it from 5mph. My car got sideways. That doesn't happen any more either.

Today it snowed. This was the first time I drove the C32 in the snow. The car actually drove great, and I didn't have any traction issues. This was with summer PS2 tires. I don't think I would have done well without the LSD.

The car should have come with LSD from the factory. It is a great mod, but it does not solve traction issues, but it helps big time.

I left a patch of rubber about 30 yards long down the road from the house. I noticed that if you get the tires to turn and keep the gas about half throttle, and the brakes slightly applied, you can do whatever. Granted, it is not like my old E46 M3. I could be going 10 and slam it in first and pop the clutch, then do figure eights in a parking lot.

How much did you have to pay for the install? Mind sharing the info so I can get mine installed?

Last edited by sales@eurocharged.com; 10-12-2006 at 06:47 PM.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
I left a patch of rubber about 30 yards long down the road from the house. I noticed that if you get the tires to turn and keep the gas about half throttle, and the brakes slightly applied, you can do whatever. Granted, it is not like my old E46 M3. I could be going 10 and slam it in first and pop the clutch, then do figure eights in a parking lot.
I tried my best last night to lay down rubber. It just won't happen. ESP/traction control kicks in every time. I tried getting nutty and sliding the rear end out to get the tires spinning, but that just threw me into limp mode.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:21 AM
SPONSOR

C63S
I tried my best last night to lay down rubber. It just won't happen. ESP/traction control kicks in every time. I tried getting nutty and sliding the rear end out to get the tires spinning, but that just threw me into limp mode.

how much was the install?
Old 10-13-2006, 01:06 PM

Wow, mine does not exhibit that behavior. I can light them up on dry roads in manual 1st gear or "D" mode just by tromping on it from a stop. I have to modulate the pedal a bit or it will spin and shift right away into 2nd gear - but that is expected. My favorite is accellerating hard out of any relatively sharp left corner - oversteer is abundant and easily modulated with the LSD. It would have been scary snap-oversteer before!
Old 10-13-2006, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Originally Posted by m3_eater
Wow, mine does not exhibit that behavior. I can light them up on dry roads in manual 1st gear or "D" mode just by tromping on it from a stop. I have to modulate the pedal a bit or it will spin and shift right away into 2nd gear - but that is expected. My favorite is accellerating hard out of any relatively sharp left corner - oversteer is abundant and easily modulated with the LSD. It would have been scary snap-oversteer before!
Ugh. I tried again today. My car went into limp mode 3 times, and on the 3rd my check engine light came on. Too bad I don't have an OBD scanner anymore
Old 10-13-2006, 09:12 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Ugh. I tried again today. My car went into limp mode 3 times, and on the 3rd my check engine light came on. Too bad I don't have an OBD scanner anymore
Did it go off after you restarted your car?
Old 10-14-2006, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Did it go off after you restarted your car?
Limp mode goes away once i restart the car. The CE light didn't. I wish I had a code scanner. My gap cap looked and felt secure, but after resealing it and driving around, the CE light went away, so that might have been it.

Limp mode got activated twice during low speed WOT pulls, and once at the top of a 3rd gear WOT pull on the highway.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:26 PM

Limp mode goes away once i restart the car. The CE light didn't. I wish I had a code scanner. My gap cap looked and felt secure, but after resealing it and driving around, the CE light went away, so that might have been it.

Limp mode got activated twice during low speed WOT pulls, and once at the top of a 3rd gear WOT pull on the highway.

I wonder if the behavior could be related to how modded your car is. For instance, the only time my car has hit the rev limiter was when I was able to rev faster than the transmission could upshift (you can make this happen on a stock C32 by downshifting into 1st at such a speed that you are only ~2000rpm or less shy of redline, then flooring it). You are tuned for performance now, so you're revving that much faster in normal WOT conditions - maybe faster than the car can compensate, even with an LSD?
Old 10-16-2006, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Originally Posted by m3_eater
I wonder if the behavior could be related to how modded your car is. For instance, the only time my car has hit the rev limiter was when I was able to rev faster than the transmission could upshift (you can make this happen on a stock C32 by downshifting into 1st at such a speed that you are only ~2000rpm or less shy of redline, then flooring it). You are tuned for performance now, so you're revving that much faster in normal WOT conditions - maybe faster than the car can compensate, even with an LSD?
I'm convinced that my gas cap wasn't completely sealed, and that's what tripped my CE light and threw me into limp mode. I'm taking it into the dealer tomorrow, so I'll know for sure then.

I beat the car up a lot over the weekend since it was dry, and man, the car can handle SOOO much more power at low speed. With ESP on, I can't really enjoy the LSD. If the car is in a low gear, it will begin to accelerate very hard, then ESP takes away the power, then it will give it back, then take it away again. It is very jerky. With ESP off, I can finally gun the car at low speeds and actually do a full 1st/2nd gear pull. I pretty much have to turn off ESP if I want to play.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
LSD is a must on a stage II car. Without the LSD, accelerating from a stop is uncontrolled...rear end wiggles left or right. With LSD, tires will still spin, but at least the car is moving in a straight line, without the rear end pulling to right or left. ESP kicking in is a real drag...that's why you should turn it off.

Last edited by pshek; 10-16-2006 at 05:26 PM.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Originally Posted by pshek
LSD is a must on a stage II car. Without the LSD, accelerating from a stop is uncontrolled...rear end wiggles left or right. With LSD, tires will still spin, but at least the car is moving in a straight line, without the rear end pulling to right or left. ESP kicking in is a real drag...that's why you should turn it off.
Yup. Without the lsd, with ESP on, the car would not wiggle, but traction control would take away power all the time. Without the LSD, and ESP off, the car would pull to a side when one wheel began to spin, then traction control would still kick in.

With the LSD and ESP off, the car stays pretty straight, and traction control doesn't kick nearly as often, but it still frequently kicks in and takes away the power
Old 10-29-2006, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
I got my car back today! The custom Magnaflow system is installed and sounds good. I can notice a huge difference in low end power with not so much difference in top end.

Here is the video.

Sorry about the video, I don't know what happened.

HEY DUDE.........NONE OF THE VIDEO LINKS R WORKING ANYMORE.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:33 PM

e55
you need to run a magnaflow resonator thats why. I do has droning below 2000 rpm when i did custom setup on my M104 but after getting 22" magnaflow resonator it totally quieted up the lower resonance but still allowed for high end sound. If you do mangaflow setup you have to design it properly, you need both resonator and muffler just like any other exhaust sytem. You dont need 22" (but that one will give u highest quality sound). Also by they looks of it looks liek u are using the universal all-in-one units which are really only like 10" muffler not 14 b/c there is a y-pipe in there as well. Its the loudest of all the mufflers. If you run one of the magnaflow resonator it should really help clean up the sound (choices down below). hope that helps

14"

18"

22"

Last edited by E55 PWR; 10-29-2006 at 11:37 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
link doesn't work at my end??
Old 10-30-2006, 09:36 AM
SPONSOR

C63S
Sorry guys, it's working in my end.
Old 12-27-2020, 12:13 PM

C32 amg 2002
Magnaflow +cat delete

Hello
Ihave a 2002 c32 AMG and i had a secondary cat delete. Sound is good but i want a bit more. I heard about resonator delete but i dont want to ruin the Amg sound or create raspiness and drone.
Some of you had use the magnaflow glasspack in place of the resonator. Please if you can share more details about it, it would be great and which magnaflow did you use (what size or part number)
Thx