C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C55 issues anyone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 04:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spr
how do you enable that fuel mod? That would be interested. you know you can scroll through and see the miles till empty though, so how is that mod shown or displayed? Cool on the steel belly I had a skid plate like that on my 996 with pss9s.
You will need to have someone like Steve (MBenzNL) enable the feature through Star. I do not trust the miles until empty reading because it always changes depending on how you drive the car. The content reading gives you a fixed number on how much fuel you have left in the tank.

You're right. The carter plate is essentially a skid plate!
Old 10-19-2006, 04:53 AM
spr
MBWorld Fanatic!

neat. so does that number replace the miles till empty?
Old 10-19-2006, 05:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It doesn't necessarily replace the miles til empty screen. It gives you an additional screen with the tank contents.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:29 AM
spr
MBWorld Fanatic!

cool. Are there any other menus worth enabling in addition?
Old 10-19-2006, 06:22 AM

2006 BMW X5 4.8is and 2005 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by spr
cool. Are there any other menus worth enabling in addition?
You'll get more menus if you add the ipod adapter and the auto folding side mirrors.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
High silica sand, for those near white beaches, is like glass in a hot rotor + pad sandwich.

My father has a huge problem with new pads and new rotors make horrible noises. Every mechanic tells him that he has worn out the brakes.

They only need to look at the thickness to see that is not possible.

If you are near the beach consider that as a possible cause.

I think the paste just makes the sand stick even better.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by RawAMGpower
You'll get more menus if you add the ipod adapter and the auto folding side mirrors.
- Key dependent settings
- Fuel in tank content
- Tyre pressure loss warning
- Speed limiting stalk (tempomat)

The possible changes are numerous but it depends on the actual car itself.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:38 AM
spr
MBWorld Fanatic!

can you enable the tire pressure enabling without adding sensors in the rims?
Old 10-19-2006, 11:50 AM

Enterprise rent-a-car!!!
Originally Posted by the101dragons
So far since getting this car the radio went dead for some reason. Wife was using the steering wheel volume controls while driving home from work and the radio went dead. I took a look at it to see if she muted it but sure didn't. I tried turning it off and on to see if it would correct it but nothing. I removed key and left the car. About 2 hours later came back and tried radio again, it worked. Weird and I was thinking man I'm going to have to take it to the dealership. Any one esle had this happen.

Another issue which is bothering the **** out of my wife is the brake sqeak like hell whem coming to a stop. Only happens when you are slowing down really slow on the last like 6 ft or so. Is this happening to you C55 owners or is it just happening to my wife and I. Also is this covered under warranty and can I just say hay have a look at my sqeaky brakes and they will do it for no charge. Thanks and could you guys with C55's state some of the problems you guys have had.

Radio fault is caused by the fibre optic "ring" going open. On the "c" class the most comon fault is the sound amp in the trunk. The "Most" master will have a registered code as will the component after the faulty one.
There are serval software up dates for all the most components but they dont work for all prolems,
As for brake squeak, correct installation of pads and discs will eliminate this.
At 26K miles they should have been replaced at least once.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
The radio problem happened to me 3 times in the 1-year I owned my C55.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:08 PM
spr
MBWorld Fanatic!

hey can you give me more info on the kleeman mods done to the c55 k8 or whatever?
Old 10-20-2006, 05:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG, 2003 ML270 CDi
Originally Posted by Quicktwinturbo
So they had to change the entire bottom?? I have same the problem..
Base itself remains but the leather cover is replaced as the heating elements are integrated into the seat cover.

Mines being replaced on Monday.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:26 PM

05 c55, 08 600rr
driver speaker went out. the dealer replaced. i got the seat belt rattle as well.

the thing that really drives me nuts is that the car seems to whine like crazy at idle. a constant waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh until you get moving. anyone else have somethign like that?
Old 10-20-2006, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by genome
driver speaker went out. the dealer replaced. i got the seat belt rattle as well.

the thing that really drives me nuts is that the car seems to whine like crazy at idle. a constant waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh until you get moving. anyone else have somethign like that?
Only on cold startup. Sounds like a moody b***h waking up but goes away when warm.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:34 AM

C55 AMG
Yep same whine noise here too on cold start up.

Anybody esle with issues.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:26 PM

2005 SL55 K2, 2006 CLS55
Just about all of the above
Old 10-22-2006, 01:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

'05 C55 AMG '15 Jeep SRT '11 G37S
Speaker rattle.
Stereo FULL BLAST, instead of off, and couldn't be adjusted.
Brakes are just now starting to squeek a tad.

Here's a link to some other common C55 problems:
http://www.amgpower.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=440

and here...
http://www.amgpower.com/problems_results.php?safeid=2
Old 10-23-2006, 07:14 PM

05 c55, 08 600rr
poor gas mileage? ahahhahah

ok no seriously, my whining is not only on startup but constant. it whines until you step on the gas. am i the only one with this issue?
Old 10-23-2006, 08:23 PM

Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Do you mean an error like this. This one got my car lemoned. It did it at random when starting the car. would do it on all modes, Ipod, radio, CDC, CD and nav. did not matter. drove the dealer nuts, it happened to them with the SDS connected, showed no problem.

They replaced the command, CDC, AGW, SAM, Ipod kit, my Ipod video and installed beta SW flashes to everything that could be flashed.

also almost forgot the small stuff. 1 speaker, rear shade, ignition Switch

Last edited by billtc55; 10-23-2006 at 08:30 PM.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:48 PM

C55 AMG
Originally Posted by genome
poor gas mileage? ahahhahah

ok no seriously, my whining is not only on startup but constant. it whines until you step on the gas. am i the only one with this issue?
You must have a secret blower under the hood, thus the whinning. LOL

2+2 and that's why you have poor gas mileage.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"One Man. One Engine."
I had a weird problem when I used the integrated garage door opener on rear view mirror, went in the garage, turned off the motor, pulled the key out and no dome light came on. I then opened the driver and no dome light or courtesy light (door lights). I then turn the motor back on and opened the door - no dome light or courtesy light; integrated garage door opener did not work; the sunroof didn't work; and no orange light pointing down from the rear view mirror. The first thing I thought was a fuse problem or switch relay problem. 1 and 1/2 hour later, everything went back to NORMAL. Very strange but similar to the radio problem.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55AMG W203; 330i E90
Originally Posted by the101dragons
So far since getting this car the radio went dead for some reason. Wife was using the steering wheel volume controls while driving home from work and the radio went dead. I took a look at it to see if she muted it but sure didn't. I tried turning it off and on to see if it would correct it but nothing. I removed key and left the car. About 2 hours later came back and tried radio again, it worked. Weird and I was thinking man I'm going to have to take it to the dealership. Any one esle had this happen.

Another issue which is bothering the **** out of my wife is the brake sqeak like hell whem coming to a stop. Only happens when you are slowing down really slow on the last like 6 ft or so. Is this happening to you C55 owners or is it just happening to my wife and I. Also is this covered under warranty and can I just say hay have a look at my sqeaky brakes and they will do it for no charge. Thanks and could you guys with C55's state some of the problems you guys have had.
radio -> assumed it had nothing to do with bad cabling contact; not sure if you have parking sensor (Parktronic), the audio system might be linked up with the signals processing bus which is to generate audible signals from the audio speakers. I am not too familiar with the circuit details but a power off might also function as a reset of the circuit. Just wild guess. I would not think the dealer can easily spot the fault unless it is repeatable.

brake sqeak - > it has never happened to my two Mercs as the entire brake kit is stock. Not sure if you have replaced the brake pads with non stock stuff.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:52 PM

C55 AMG
Originally Posted by cntlaw
radio -> assumed it had nothing to do with bad cabling contact; not sure if you have parking sensor (Parktronic), the audio system might be linked up with the signals processing bus which is to generate audible signals from the audio speakers. I am not too familiar with the circuit details but a power off might also function as a reset of the circuit. Just wild guess. I would not think the dealer can easily spot the fault unless it is repeatable.

brake sqeak - > it has never happened to my two Mercs as the entire brake kit is stock. Not sure if you have replaced the brake pads with non stock stuff.
No parktronic here. Tried turning off and on and screwed with it for 30mins and mad as hell then left the car for 2hrs and came back for another try and when I inserted the key it worked again. No known probable cause.

brake squel is like the last 6ft when slowing down only and it's pretty loud and annoys wife. 2nd owner of car at 25k miles nothing done by me. Might want to get new pads with less brake dust wear.

On a side note one other complaint is the damn sliding roof keeps moving about a inch or so opending when I get on the throttle. Any of you guys having to constantly close the damn sliding sunroof shade thing all the time. Cheap thing doesn't stay closed.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:10 PM
spr
MBWorld Fanatic!

command fun

Last night I went to the market and I like to drive with the map on. I got in the car and after driving and when I usually flip on the map, I noted that it said it couldn't read the disc! wtf. I eject the disc and stick it back in.. nothing same deal. Also the disc was CRAZY hot as was the unit. After I went out again after a sucessive start, it worked just fine.

This morning I switch to the single CD and it's all jumbled like cutting in and out. I switch back from ipod and back, still garbled. WTF

Is my command crapping out?
Old 10-28-2006, 02:12 PM

2006 C55/400HP HONDA S2000
HAHAHAHA THE RADIO THING HAPPENS TO ME GETS alot of static even on cd player all i have to do is turn car off then on againa and goes away ,,,i do have brake squeak too but its interminent...my buddies brand new e63 and he already took it in for a bad brake squeak

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C55 issues anyone