Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 K AMG 03/2002
from third to fourth gear

Hi guys,
after 3k miles in my C32 I have definitely noticed few things about my beast
one of those is that the gear change from third to fourth is way (and I mean way) smoother than the one from second to third
both in sequential and in D mode
do you have the same feeling?
I definitely prefer the kind of "mechanical rage" of the "second to third" gear change, just checking if what I noticed is normal.
When I say smoother I'm not saying it's not working properly, the car keeps revving at "speed of light" rate, I just miss the "kick in the back" I have from the "second to third" gear change.
Which reminds me of SMGII from BMW's ///M3 E46, IMHO the best sequential 'box ever (well, until SMGIII........)
Thanks
Old 10-27-2006, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
My first to second shift, ESPECIALLY at slow speeds such as in traffic, will often give me a bump shift. My tech replaced the tranny fluid and checked everything and said it was fine.

On the other hand, my second to third shift is much smoother and you can barely feel the shift from third to fourth and fourth to fifth.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:06 AM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Andras
Hi guys,
after 3k miles in my C32 I have definitely noticed few things about my beast
one of those is that the gear change from third to fourth is way (and I mean way) smoother than the one from second to third
both in sequential and in D mode
do you have the same feeling?
I definitely prefer the kind of "mechanical rage" of the "second to third" gear change, just checking if what I noticed is normal.
When I say smoother I'm not saying it's not working properly, the car keeps revving at "speed of light" rate, I just miss the "kick in the back" I have from the "second to third" gear change.
Which reminds me of SMGII from BMW's ///M3 E46, IMHO the best sequential 'box ever (well, until SMGIII........)
Thanks

i would say what you are experiencing is normal...but there is a difference now with the sprint booster upgrade...search this forum if you don't know what that is...
Old 10-28-2006, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 K AMG 03/2002
Originally Posted by 1FASTC32
i would say what you are experiencing is normal...but there is a difference now with the sprint booster upgrade...search this forum if you don't know what that is...
Thanks!
Old 10-28-2006, 09:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 CLK55, IWC CLS55 AMG(one of 55), 07 Honda CR-V 4WD
If you experience a hard shift, then please go to the dealer and have them flush the transmission oil. The problem is usually caused by the wear of various transmission parts, which is like metal powder flowing in the system. This powder can get to valve body and will ruin your transmission after some time. That happened to me and I replaced mine twice already within 40000miles. I tuned my car and drove it hard everyday and that's probably why it happened.