Lights not auto-leveling?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cee Fiddy Five
Lights not auto-leveling?

Long story short...The C55 had to visit the shop to get a new axel (I was not driving). Anyways, the shop didn't mess with any of the systems I still have to visit dealership to get SRS back to normal. But now the xenons only shine...oh maybe 5 feet in front of the car? Brights look just fine, but the normal ones are way to low. When I start it up, the lights don't do moving thing any more (I'm guessing the autoleveling...the lights flash on and then focus to a certain level).

Any advice? Or should I just the dealership try to fix it?
Old 11-26-2006, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
Perhaps the shop bent the rear adjustment arm for the xenons. It sits under the right rear spring. Check to see if it is disconnected or the arm is bent.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
Hmmm this seems most likely. Assuming it's a decent shop, they would fix it then if the arm is bent?
Old 11-26-2006, 09:26 PM

05 CLK55
while we are at it, i just have a question that i really want some help with. i don't know if this is just me or does it have to do with lowering. ever since i lowered my car, i find that the xenons don't project as far as before and sometimes i have trouble seeing while driving at night. are the head lights height(leveling) adjustable?? if so, can anyone tell me how i can adjust them myself?? thnx

also... my left xenon doesnt turn on (no light, no leveling, nothing) when i turn on the car recently, but once i turn off the car and turn it back on, both lights function perfectly. has anyone here experienced this before??
Old 11-27-2006, 03:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If your car is lowered you may have to adjust the headlights to compensate.

I had an issue with the auto-leveling sensor when I took my car in for its first dealer visit. The shop decided to put my front sensors on backwards after they lubed my front bushings.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
Um...so the Shop said the MB dealership deals with reprogramming the lights and everything, and that they should be able to do it and claimed the control arms for the xenons looked fine.

I got to Dealership today, wait about 3 hours, and get told, "So yeah, SRS is not working so we can't let you drive away because three of the airbags will not work. Also there's a problem with the lights, we need some parts shipped in, blah blah blah, we want more money and are going to hold your car hostage!"

How could the airbags not be functioning if only my headrests popped out? And how come only three of them are broke? GHEY! !
Old 11-29-2006, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
After I lowered my car, I had the same problems. The dealer adjusted the sensor(s) but when I was driving on the freeway, they aimed too high.