C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Best price on Pulley's (RENNtech, Kleeman, Evo)?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK32
Best price on Pulley's (RENNtech, Kleeman, Evo)?

First of all I am not looking for a debate on which pulley's are best.

What I am looking for is who has the best price on RENNtech, Kleeman, or Evo pulleys for the C32/SLK32.

I have decided it is either time for me to fish or cut bait. I have considered upgrading the pulley's several times and just have never pulled the trigger. Now I am fast approaching the decision point on whether I am keeping the car or not. If I am going to do the pulley's I am giving myself a 1.5 month window (at the longest) to get them done. If I do not do them within that period of time I will not get them done.

I wish I had followed through with my first instinct which was to get the pulley's in the first 60 days of owning the car.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by 430

What I am looking for is who has the best price on RENNtech, Kleeman, or Evo pulleys for the C32/SLK32.

I have decided it is either time for me to fish or cut bait. I have considered upgrading the pulley's several times and just have never pulled the trigger. Now I am fast approaching the decision point on whether I am keeping the car or not. If I am going to do the pulley's I am giving myself a 1.5 month window (at the longest) to get them done. If I do not do them within that period of time I will not get them done.

I wish I had followed through with my first instinct which was to get the pulley's in the first 60 days of owning the car.
I don't think you'll find much variation on price for the same setup. And I doubt you'll see an "clearance sales."
Old 12-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 747 Likes on 728 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
get the evo pulleys!
Old 12-11-2006, 07:49 PM

SLK32
Not sure if any are available now but I have seen some pretty good prices in the past.

Oh, not that it should matter but on the Evo pulley's I am only interested in their new dampened pulley.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 747 Likes on 728 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
oh, there's also ASP pulley...
Old 12-12-2006, 01:36 AM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you missed a great group buy on renntech stage 1 ECU/Pulleys setup...best mod i have done to date...the problem is that i would not do the pulleys without the ECU...ASP makes a great product, but without the ECU, you can not maximize the extra boost...especially as easy as this car heat soaks...
Old 12-12-2006, 05:05 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
I ran pulleys only for a few month. like 1fastc32 said it gives you power, but it's not maximized especially at high rpm the engine management could not deal with the increased air and feels like it's running too lean and if you go into the redline you'll feel like the car is telling you to stop pushing it and chokes.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:08 AM

SLK32
I remember a group buy that was being run but the one I am thinking of was only for Cali people and included install. If I had been local I would have jumped on it.

My plan was to run just the pulley's for a month or two and then get the ECU but if someone has a good enough price on a Stage 1 kit I will go ahead and pull the trigger now.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
I think that it is better to purchase the pulleys and ECU separately. If separately you purchase a Renntech or Kleeman ecu tune for $995, you get free retunes later, which is very nice if you ever additional mods. If you purchase a stage1 package, you don't get that. If I could do it again, I'd purchase the ASP pulley and a custom Renntech/Kleeman tune.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:05 AM
Almost a Member!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by 430

P.M. me and i can give you some info on getting a discount on kit.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:17 PM

02 C32 AMG sold!
Im so glad someone made this thread. I do plan to re-invent the wheel
by changing up the full exhaust, full intake, every bolt on possible, & custom
tuning as the last bit. I'm 100% sure by changing up the full exhaust the C32
WILL loose PSI, and since the supercharger isn't anywhere near the RPM limit
I'm sure a smaller pulley (larger crank?) can be adapted and 400rwhp & rwtq
can be achieved.

Yes I'm stubborn like that. This is what I get for working in a custom shop and
driving a 500rwhp M3 Turbo... anything is possible when you enough box of
parts into the car

PS Oh yeah, I still can't find any threads anyone using a a water / alcohol /
methonal injection kit...
Old 12-12-2006, 02:35 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by neihouma
Im so glad someone made this thread. I do plan to re-invent the wheel
by changing up the full exhaust, full intake, every bolt on possible, & custom
tuning as the last bit. I'm 100% sure by changing up the full exhaust the C32
WILL loose PSI, and since the supercharger isn't anywhere near the RPM limit
I'm sure a smaller pulley (larger crank?) can be adapted and 400rwhp & rwtq
can be achieved.

Yes I'm stubborn like that. This is what I get for working in a custom shop and
driving a 500rwhp M3 Turbo... anything is possible when you enough box of
parts into the car

PS Oh yeah, I still can't find any threads anyone using a a water / alcohol /
methonal injection kit...
i think after i get the headers on the car, i will be porting the heads and putting in a set of cams, i would think that would put you very close to 400whp and it is still nice to drive on a daily basis...i don't really want to go back to driving a car with a loud exhuast
Old 12-12-2006, 03:39 PM

02 C32 AMG sold!
Originally Posted by 1FASTC32
i think after i get the headers on the car, i will be porting the heads and putting in a set of cams, i would think that would put you very close to 400whp and it is still nice to drive on a daily basis...i don't really want to go back to driving a car with a loud exhuast
I know turbo cars generally are quietter but with the proper exhaust, I'm
more than sure I can get my C32 with the full exhaust as quiet as my M3
turbo.

I'll post pics when I get the set up done. Work has been kicking my ***...
Old 12-12-2006, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
That's how I feel too. I'm not interseted in driving a benz with a loud exhaust. I'm strongly considering head/cams as well, but waiting to see the results first.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
If/when I am ready to go that route, I will FIRST pick the shop that will do the work, and then I will go with their recommendation on where to pick up the parts. This way, they will stand behind the work and not point fingers at the supplier.

There's a shop local to me that is a Kleeman authorized shop. I am most likely to use them just to be sure I get it done right.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:20 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by Fifth Ring
If/when I am ready to go that route, I will FIRST pick the shop that will do the work, and then I will go with their recommendation on where to pick up the parts. This way, they will stand behind the work and not point fingers at the supplier.

There's a shop local to me that is a Kleeman authorized shop. I am most likely to use them just to be sure I get it done right.
i agree with having a shop you can trust...i am going to call Renntech when i get ready to do everything...i would even be willing to drive to florida just to make sure it is done right...it would be a fun road trip with some buddies of mine...

we are going to take a road trip here next month to have my buddy's STI tuned! looking forward to seeing what they can put to the wheels with his car...
Old 12-13-2006, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
i agree with having a shop you can trust...i am going to call Renntech when i get ready to do everything...i would even be willing to drive to florida just to make sure it is done right...it would be a fun road trip with some buddies of mine...

we are going to take a road trip here next month to have my buddy's STI tuned! looking forward to seeing what they can put to the wheels with his car...
An idle mind is the devil's workshop! After thinking about a RennTech/Kleeman upgrade, I stepped back and reconsidered. First, I have no business bumping HP before I fix the lame suspension. With springs available for a few hundred bucks, that's got to be the first move. The second move has to be a limited slip diff. Pricey, but an improvement in acceleration AND safety. I can do this and still be under $2,500 invested. The LSD would be needed before I increase HP anyway.

Then do I drop $4,000 to $5,000 bucks to pick up 50HP??? .... Crazy. I really don't care about picking up a 1/10th of a second in the 1/4 mile (and I'll probably get that with the LSD!). No pulley/ecu for me.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:14 PM

An idle mind is the devil's workshop! After thinking about a RennTech/Kleeman upgrade, I stepped back and reconsidered. First, I have no business bumping HP before I fix the lame suspension. With springs available for a few hundred bucks, that's got to be the first move. The second move has to be a limited slip diff. Pricey, but an improvement in acceleration AND safety. I can do this and still be under $2,500 invested. The LSD would be needed before I increase HP anyway.
That was my logic too, so I did the Quaife LSD and RENNtech springs before anything else. I have no regrets at all! The first time you hit an apex perfectly and launch away from the corner with high power and low wheelspin, you'll know it was worth every penny

Then do I drop $4,000 to $5,000 bucks to pick up 50HP??? .... Crazy. I really don't care about picking up a 1/10th of a second in the 1/4 mile (and I'll probably get that with the LSD!). No pulley/ecu for me.

If you keep your W203, you WILL end up turning up the wick. There is no way to resist the temptation long-term; the itch must be scratched! I wish you the best of luck - be strong my son
Old 12-13-2006, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by m3_eater
If you keep your W203, you WILL end up turning up the wick. There is no way to resist the temptation long-term; the itch must be scratched! I wish you the best of luck - be strong my son
I scratched that itch with my old A6 2.7T twin turbo. For under $1,000 I was able to add 60 HP (all software). Unfortunately, it then cost me my transmission. We'll see where things go. Just thinking about the options is half the fun!
Old 12-13-2006, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
I scratched that itch with my old A6 2.7T twin turbo. For under $1,000 I was able to add 60 HP (all software). Unfortunately, it then cost me my transmission. We'll see where things go. Just thinking about the options is half the fun!
So far C32/C55 seems pretty bulletproof
Old 12-13-2006, 08:25 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by jgsx
So far C32/C55 seems pretty bulletproof
i would have to agree...i wonder how the C32 that is cranking out over 500hp in Dubai is holding up?
Old 12-13-2006, 11:26 PM

Black 2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by C32AMG_FL.
P.M. me and i can give you some info on getting a discount on kit.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by jgsx
I think that it is better to purchase the pulleys and ECU separately. If separately you purchase a Renntech or Kleeman ecu tune for $995, you get free retunes later, which is very nice if you ever additional mods. If you purchase a stage1 package, you don't get that. If I could do it again, I'd purchase the ASP pulley and a custom Renntech/Kleeman tune.

So you can get a Kleeman or Rentech ecu tuned for $995 and free retunes? The ASP pulleys sell for under $1k and ecu refash $1k thats $2k plus install. What kind of posible WHP or crank HP are we looking at JGSX? I know that with Rentech you have to send out the ECU is it the same with Kleeman? Who would you reccommend?
Old 12-14-2006, 01:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Not true. If you purchase Stage 1 from Renntech,you get free retunes with newer mods being added to your vehicle. Its an extra added service and it really depends where you buy your Renntech upgrade from. Some dealers say no, some dealers say yes.

Last edited by AdamG@NorCal; 12-14-2006 at 01:55 AM.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:54 AM

SLK32
Well I made my decision and placed my order yesterday.

I had really planned on going with Evo, RENNtech, or Kleeman. But I am currently debating how much longer I am going to keep my car. It is a great car but I really have the itch for something new and there are some extra's I would like on the car.

As such I went ahead and ordered the ASP kit. At this time I could not justify the extra $1000+ for the pulley's from one of the other companies for the potential of a couple of extra HP.

Now I am sure you are wondering why drop $1k+ on the pulleys if you are considering getting rid of the car and that is a very valid question. First and formost the car needs more power. Not that it is slow but I have grown used to the stock HP so it seems slow at times. The other reason is that I keep putting off the decision and had told myself it was now or never. If I do decide to keep the car I don't want to kick myself for not having the pulleys installed.

Anyone interested in purchasing a 2003 Silver SLK32 with ~30k miles, a couple of cosemtic mods, practically new tires, and a soon to be installed ASP pulley kit?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best price on Pulley's (RENNtech, Kleeman, Evo)?