C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Help Installing COMAND 2.0 on 2003 C32 w203

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C32 AMG BLACK
Help Installing COMAND 2.0 on 2003 C32 w203

I purI purchased a used Comand 2.0 for my C32 and I'm trying to get it installed by the guys from TVandNav2Go. Problem is, it looks like I'm gonna need the adapter that plugs to the harness and to the Comand to make it work. I have no idea where to get such adapter. I've asked Sunil from MercDocs and he says he can't sell me the adapter as he only get 1 per unit. I don't really want to splice up my harness, but I will if I have to. Any light shed on the subject will be deeply appricated.

Also, I'm gonna need a GPS antenna... any idea what type of antenna? And where "under the dash" it should be place?

I've search around the board without luck.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You don't need an adapter, you need the radio harness for cars equipped with Comand. The GPS antenna can be purchased at the MB dealer. I put the antenna between the instrument cluster and dash pad. Do not put under any metal like above the radio. Check my website for the WIS for Comand in a W203. I rewired my harness using new pins and the C1/C2 connectors I took apart. Some people just use the wire taps and crimp on the C1/C2 to the C connector. Few people actually replace the harness but that's a lot of work.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:59 PM

2003 C32 AMG BLACK
So installing a new radio harness is a lot of work... I can just splicy up mine and hook it up like the diagram? I dont need to buy a harness?
Old 12-19-2006, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
Originally Posted by ellery
So installing a new radio harness is a lot of work... I can just splicy up mine and hook it up like the diagram? I dont need to buy a harness?
you need a new harness because it has the new connectors
Old 12-19-2006, 09:03 PM

2003 C32 AMG BLACK
Originally Posted by Buellwinkle
You don't need an adapter, you need the radio harness for cars equipped with Comand. The GPS antenna can be purchased at the MB dealer. I put the antenna between the instrument cluster and dash pad. Do not put under any metal like above the radio. Check my website for the WIS for Comand in a W203. I rewired my harness using new pins and the C1/C2 connectors I took apart. Some people just use the wire taps and crimp on the C1/C2 to the C connector. Few people actually replace the harness but that's a lot of work.
ok, I'm looking over everything now and it makes sense now. So simply splitting the wires of my harness on the C-connector into the new harness' C1 and C2 connectors should be all that's needed? Sounds like a piece of cake.

Does anyone have the part number for the Comand's harness? I stopped by the dealer and ordered the GPS antenna, they gave me a hard time about the harness though... I guess cause it was 6pm (when they close).

Thanks all for the info... you guys saved me a ton of cash!