RS4 sighting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mymbonline
Originally Posted by tee_tz
Also the M3, like most of the BMW M's, I imagine won't have too many options so the figure may not go too high up even loaded. We'll see.

Tee_Tz.
my brothers m3 had a 64xxx sticker, base price was 46xxx, how is that not a lot of options

RS4:
i test drove one, was gonna get it but the lease payments on it are way too high (considering its only 75k) and i would never buy brand new car

it is a great car for what it is, it is not a track car. the engine is one of the best out there (no joke) and the transmission feels great, it does understeer on turn in but then settles down. it is a very fast car and sounds beautiful. the interior ****s on any benz below 100k. and it looks cool
Old 01-10-2007, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
So do you have one now?

Tee_Tz.
No actually I had it on order but cancelled it and bought an E55 instead.At first I thought I did the right thing by cancelling,but now after seeing the white ones Im thinking about it again.I still have the 05 Audi S4,great car as well.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by Jrocket
No actually I had it on order but cancelled it and bought an E55 instead.At first I thought I did the right thing by cancelling,but now after seeing the white ones Im thinking about it again.I still have the 05 Audi S4,great car as well.
my mom said i could have her e55 but i wanted the rs4 instead, the interior (w/ cf) is way nicer and i performs better (not drag racing). i ended up w/ a 997S though
Old 01-11-2007, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
The Audi dealer at Van Nuys treats me well and took me to see a black RS4 they had in their storage pen. It sounds and looks unbelievable. My next car was going to be an M6 but i really do prefer the RS4. At three figure speeds on the highway the M is going to be quicker but in any other situation the Audi will be. Jeremy Clarkson said in the Sunday Times that the engine is one of the best he has ever encountered. And just look at those exhausts....
Old 01-11-2007, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
Nice pic! I haven't seen that driving around Boston but there is a RS4 at my school now. Pulled into the parking garage Mon morning and saw it there parked there. Mmmm, looks sweet. That exhaust note is awesome too! There are a couple of them running around Boston now, mainly seen them around the BU (Boston University) area, along with a few SLK55s.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63 AMG
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
The Audi dealer at Van Nuys treats me well and took me to see a black RS4 they had in their storage pen. It sounds and looks unbelievable. My next car was going to be an M6 but i really do prefer the RS4. At three figure speeds on the highway the M is going to be quicker but in any other situation the Audi will be. Jeremy Clarkson said in the Sunday Times that the engine is one of the best he has ever encountered. And just look at those exhausts....
Thank you. And he's not an idiot or exactly a novice when it comes to cars.

Tee_Tz.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63 AMG
Originally Posted by AMG_55
my brothers m3 had a 64xxx sticker, base price was 46xxx, how is that not a lot of options
Is it a coupe or convertible? If it's a coupe - he got RIPPED off! The most expensive features on the M3 were the premium pckg ($2,200) and navigation ($1,800) - (the cold weather package was something like $800), that comes to like $50,800 - so I don't know what else he could have possibly ordered for $13,000 extra! Even if you pay the tax rate in Sweden that still shouldn't be. Also in fact, hopefully he was smart enough to negotiate and get at least $1,000-$2,000 off the car's sticker price. Yeesh, I feel sorry for him.

And by the way, walk into ANY BMW Dealership right now and the current M3 is $5,000 off! That's the incentive, you can also negotiate a better deal on top of that, I think someone in the W203 side just got an M3 about a month ago and said he even got a better deal than that!

Tee_Tz.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63 AMG
Originally Posted by robbyt18
FYI.

Top Gear RS4

Part One:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWtAG...elated&search=

Part Two:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbr_j...elated&search=

Top Gear is a great show. Enjoy.
Yeah, that was a good episode - I have all on them on DVD (as of October 2006). Can't wait for more!!

Tee_Tz.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63 AMG
Originally Posted by Jrocket
So trade the S4 for an RS4 in another year (or two).

I haven't seen a white one (yet), but I'm sure they look great. White is a timeless color. You can see the black trim, the lines, the curves and it looks good at night. BUT best of all, it's free -- sorry, but I can't understand paying for paint.

Ps. I do know my C320 is Pewter [lol]. But I brought the Benz used, and it was pretty tough finding a Stick-Shift C320 with certain options. The BMW was ordered, hence I saved myself the $600 or whatever...

Tee_Tz.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63 AMG
Originally Posted by Fifth Ring
I'll give you $42,000 and you deliver me a 335 coupe. You can keep the change. Even if BMW could build a car at lower cost than Benz or Audi, they'd be stupid to charge less for that reason. They charge what the market will bear.
I'll be keeping a bit of change then! The only problem I'd have is getting you the 335 Coupe - if you want specific options - delivery at the moment is tough if you want Nav, and I think Active Cruise Control especially in certain colors. Also, taxes are on you -- for New York dealerships taxes aren't cheap.

Pricing is a tricky subject. I remember a sales guy once told me, "selling to most rich people is quite hard; because while they have a lot of money, they're obviously not stupid."

Tee_Tz.

Last edited by tee_tz; 01-11-2007 at 12:15 PM.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Is it a coupe or convertible? If it's a coupe - he got RIPPED off! The most expensive features on the M3 were the premium pckg ($2,200) and navigation ($1,800) - (the cold weather package was something like $800), that comes to like $50,800 - so I don't know what else he could have possibly ordered for $13,000 extra! Even if you pay the tax rate in Sweden that still shouldn't be. Also in fact, hopefully he was smart enough to negotiate and get at least $1,000-$2,000 off the car's sticker price. Yeesh, I feel sorry for him.

And by the way, walk into ANY BMW Dealership right now and the current M3 is $5,000 off! That's the incentive, you can also negotiate a better deal on top of that, I think someone in the W203 side just got an M3 about a month ago and said he even got a better deal than that!

Tee_Tz.

its a coupe.
how did he get ripped off if thats the sticker on the car
its fully loaded w/ smg (gay), 19in wheels, carbon black paint, navi, etc..... its got every option you can get, it came out to 64xxx, i would never pay a penny over sticker for any car (maybe a mclaren f1 )

it was leased about 2 1/2-3 years ago and i believe we got a very good deal.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
[/QUOTE]

Wow.. that looks hot! Great angle.. hate the silver mirrors..
Old 01-12-2007, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
So trade the S4 for an RS4 in another year (or two).

I haven't seen a white one (yet), but I'm sure they look great. White is a timeless color. You can see the black trim, the lines, the curves and it looks good at night. BUT best of all, it's free -- sorry, but I can't understand paying for paint.

Ps. I do know my C320 is Pewter [lol]. But I brought the Benz used, and it was pretty tough finding a Stick-Shift C320 with certain options. The BMW was ordered, hence I saved myself the $600 or whatever...

Tee_Tz.
I agree,the white is very nice.As of right now the S4 is sold.Thats if the guy comes through with the funds.So by the end of the month I should have an 07 335i either on order or in the garage.When I can get an RS4 in white for a great deal,I'll get one.

I talked to a friend of mine that knows the guy driving the white RS4(pic).Says he's a great guy and driver as well.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:55 AM
Almost a Member!

2002 M3 Cab, 2005 C55 AMG, 2007 B7 RS4
I got mine RS4 on Christmas eve, it's was a best present to myself ever( or so far). It's actually a funny story, i was about to order a GT3 from my local Prosche dealer....of cause the waiting list is about 18 months. And I saw a Phantom Black RS4 in the detail area. I just curious to ask if it's avaliable, and he told me the person who order it just back out. And I ask if I can test
drive it, and we went for a test drive....just start of the engine is enough
to got me sold....and didn't even tell him that's a color that I like. We just drove a few blocks, and we already starting the paper works. Everything
went wells he even got me a great lease terms, because he know I'm only need the car between now to until the GT3 come. But my wife didn't approve
it that night, I told the sale to hold until next day, he agree. So on the Chirstmas eve my wife take a simple test drive, because she love manual,
and she really like the style....I finally got my approval and drive home the
baby. I don't know about the E92 M3, but it for sure has more fun than
the the E46 M3, and the built quality is just beyond my expectation.
And the sound is just sex to your ears. Again becareful if you allow to
test drive one, please perpare to buy one.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63 AMG
Originally Posted by cbrcab
I got mine RS4 on Christmas eve, it's was a best present to myself ever( or so far). It's actually a funny story, i was about to order a GT3 from my local Prosche dealer....of cause the waiting list is about 18 months. And I saw a Phantom Black RS4 in the detail area. I just curious to ask if it's avaliable, and he told me the person who order it just back out. And I ask if I can test
drive it, and we went for a test drive....just start of the engine is enough
to got me sold....and didn't even tell him that's a color that I like. We just drove a few blocks, and we already starting the paper works. Everything
went wells he even got me a great lease terms, because he know I'm only need the car between now to until the GT3 come. But my wife didn't approve
it that night, I told the sale to hold until next day, he agree. So on the Chirstmas eve my wife take a simple test drive, because she love manual,
and she really like the style....I finally got my approval and drive home the
baby. I don't know about the E92 M3, but it for sure has more fun than
the the E46 M3, and the built quality is just beyond my expectation.
And the sound is just sex to your ears. Again becareful if you allow to
test drive one, please perpare to buy one.
Wow, you're doing good - you went from the M3 -> C55 -> RS4 -> (Possible GT3), who knows what after the GT3, maybe a Lamborghini?!

Tee_Tz.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:22 PM

A white RS4 is only available

as a special color change. The Ibis white is awesome, but the premium for that color is about $2500.

My local dealer had one on the showroom floor (sorry no test drives). The weight of the aluminum hood took me by surprise. It is incredibly light.

I currently have an S4, so I can only imagine what a beast the RS4 is.

My salesman keeps asking me when I am going to order one. Maybe an S6 instead??
Old 01-15-2007, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63 AMG
Originally Posted by chairman
as a special color change. The Ibis white is awesome, but the premium for that color is about $2500.

My local dealer had one on the showroom floor (sorry no test drives). The weight of the aluminum hood took me by surprise. It is incredibly light.

Isn't the RS6 on the way. Also, the S6 needs to beef up that Lamborghini engine a little more. I've heard it's not that impressive (compared to the E63 and M5).

Tee_Tz.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:18 AM
Almost a Member!

2002 M3 Cab, 2005 C55 AMG, 2007 B7 RS4
Originally Posted by chairman

Please DON'T get the S6, and I don't think the RS6 will come to US any time soon. E63 or M5 are much better choice. The look of the S6/RS6 was terrible.
Get the RS4 you will enjoy it.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:18 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
While BMW has not released pricing for the M3, I don't think it'll reach $70K. I mean the M5 is $80K and the 335 (coupe) stands at $40K (also the Z4 M-Roadster are at $50K). So I'm thinking probably $60K, (I mean the current M3 at $50K would mean a $20K upgrade and even for an M3, $70K sounds a little ridiculous). Also the M3, like most of the BMW M's, I imagine won't have too many options so the figure may not go too high up even loaded. We'll see.

Also, the fact of the matter is BMW sells more cars than Audi (in that range), hence demand/supply economics concludes that BMW will have lower production costs, hence pass the savings to the consumer.

Tee_Tz.
most M5 out of door are near the $95k mark or more. Remember BMW does have less standard feature and more options even for the M cars. the new 335i E90 or E92 are coming out of door around $50-52k. Expect the E92 M3 to start around high $50k and end up around $65k out of door at least. That's where the next C AMG will end up as well and probably more.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:21 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by cbrcab
Please DON'T get the S6, and I don't think the RS6 will come to US any time soon. E63 or M5 are much better choice. The look of the S6/RS6 was terrible.
Get the RS4 you will enjoy it.
but remember with the S6 you only need to change few things to return that V10 into the one that came from...yup...the Gallardo. It would probably end up costing more than the E63 or M5, but it'll be a car than the other two.