Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Originally Posted by jacek9478
Ladies and Gentlemen !
This is an input from former State Trooper from Illinois (retired): One of the main reasons for frnt plates is ability to reflect laser and radar!
According to him, Law Enforcement asked (requested) manufacturers of lic. plates to coat them with highly reflective paint. That was implemented few years back when many cars lost their square fronts in favor to aerodynamics. This made old radars to give faulty readings. And it was a quick fix for old technology and now it's just perfect for lasers.
Now THAT makes more sense than any other attempt to make sense of this BS front plate requirement. Also another reason I am in no hurry to put on a front plate.lol
Old 02-02-2007, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
no street parking for me!
Old 02-02-2007, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by davidbho
dude, I just got a ticket for no plates...the car was parked on the street in San Francisco. Fregging meter maids. Looked at the tix, $100 bucks, but comments said it was fixable, and 10 bucks if I get it signed off...BS
No one is above the law.............here in Chicago area the cops go thru parking garages to give out tickets and that cause I seen them.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mark, sorry to hear you got pulled over for such pity ****. I'm surprised they don't have better things to do considering there's probably more interesting things happening on El Cajon Blvd.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML63
Originally Posted by sdsilverm3
Mark, sorry to hear you got pulled over for such pity ****. I'm surprised they don't have better things to do considering there's probably more interesting things happening on El Cajon Blvd.
No doubt!! LOL
Old 02-02-2007, 11:01 PM

Crossfire SRT-6
Mark I am a 100% behind you on this and am about to take off my front license plate from my SRT-6... and for people that think law is law and regardless of what is written it must be followed are more than a little naive, we must do what we belive in.. not what is written..

Laws are made for benifit of those that make them not for the general public.. I really don't there is any other purpose for front license plates other than giving tickets to those that do not have them, As 19 states already limited their use and are living no different than before this has happened.

The attitude that cops develop during their job is less than pathetic... talking down to people, thinking they are better or above them.. I see cops speeding, cutting stop signs, running red lights all the time.. when not on duty it is pathetic. If you are the upholder of the law you must also be the first one to follow, but it is just not so..
Old 02-03-2007, 01:16 AM
Almost a Member!

2007 CLS550
Dealer had me sign a waiver that said I refused the front plate install. This way I cannot come back on them if I get pulled over.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
My friend recently pulled someone over for no front plate. This is what he found:
Attached Thumbnails Pulled over for no front plate..-mosaic.jpg  
Old 02-03-2007, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 E63
Originally Posted by jgsx
My friend recently pulled someone over for no front plate. This is what he found:
did ur friend share what he found w/ u.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:33 AM
Almost a Member!

2007 CLS550
Your friend was overheard saying, "I'll bring the Super Bowl party favors, just make sure there is plenty of food to eat!".
Old 02-03-2007, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
OMG dude, sucks for that guy.. That looks so pretty..

See dude was probably minding his own business, and lost his freedom and a whole lot of weed because of this stupid excuse of a law..

Marijuana should be legal too, but that is a different topic..
Old 02-03-2007, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That looks like a bunch of popcorn!
Old 02-03-2007, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by amgmark
OMG dude, sucks for that guy.. That looks so pretty..

See dude was probably minding his own business, and lost his freedom and a whole lot of weed because of this stupid excuse of a law..

Marijuana should be legal too, but that is a different topic..
Yeah..............thays all we need is a bunch of doped up people driving fast cars
Old 02-06-2007, 07:15 PM

2002 C32 ///AMG
Some cops are just un fricking believable. I live in Corona, CA off Green River Road and cops ALWAYS hang on that street pulling people over. For the most part folks are speading and a fair share over the limit.

One day I get pulled over for doing 47 and the limit is 45. My first words to the guy are "you gotta be f**king kiding, right?" He asks for my license, reg and blagh blagh blagh......

I proceed to tell him how nice it is to see him everyday hidding behind a tree in a red curb zone and them pulling out and making a left over solid yellows when the sign states "right turn only" to pull my *** over for doing 2 MPH over the speed limit......so I start asking him for a badge number and tell him you'll hear from someone about this sooner than later -- like he doesn't hear that every day! Turns out the puck doesn't ticket me but its totally BS when they pull me over for a trivial speeding but when my neighor dials 911 for some intrudder in his yard it takes an hour for the police to respond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go figure............................
Old 02-06-2007, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by hkycoldrct
Turns out the puck doesn't ticket me but its totally BS when they pull me over for a trivial speeding but when my neighor dials 911 for some intrudder in his yard it takes an hour for the police to respond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go figure............................
Yup, we have the same issues in our neighborhood. Cars are either getting broken into or vandalized left and right. It is a high profile issue that even HOA has been pressing to get more SDPD units to patrol the area. Well of course they don't have time because SDPD is severely understaffed.

The part that gets me is these same cops that don't have time to patrol our area have time to sit around the corner looking to pull people over for rolling stop signs. One cop was paying so much attention to "stop sign violations" that he even told me to stop behind the line over his loud speaker.

I guess we all know where their priorities lie. $$$$$$$
Old 02-06-2007, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
hky------------be glad he didn't give you a ticket just for the smart mouth! He was probably looking for something to write u up for. A speeding ticket to be honest most municipalities would throw it out so he probably would have made it a shorter stop if you weren't pitching at him

alot of cops everywhere do that and yes there are better things for them to do like go after the jerks and *******s out there but they don't. So why work yourself up for that?
Old 02-07-2007, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
Originally Posted by c32used
Yeah..............thays all we need is a bunch of doped up people driving fast cars
oh brother.. doped up people drive slooowww..
Old 02-07-2007, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
oh brother.. doped up people drive slooowww..
maybe the people you hang out with!

Doped people have impaired judgement just like drunks do and if we were to legalize dope then imagine everything else we'll have to legalize. I know you are kidding right?

Happy people and cars do not relate.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:29 AM

2005 C230K Sport Sedan, 6 speed manual
I am in the minority here, since I live in a state (New Mexico) that does not have a front plate. That said, I really fail to see the benefit of the front license. Police here are accustomed to looking at the back of a car, and traffic cameras are focused on the rear of cars. I am not aware of any groundswell of support for adding a front license.

The argument for a front plate is about security. Perhaps then we should also require a license on each side of the car, and paint numbers on the roof. Society has to make choices, how many liberties are we willing to trade for security?
Old 02-07-2007, 12:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
CLS 63 S AMG , s500,clk550
that really sucks bro!!! ever since iv owned my 2000 s500 (i bought it in 2000) iv had 10's all around and then later on in the back i put one layer of 20 and a layer of 5 so its pretty dark.. and i have to front plates my car never came with a front license plate frame and iv never gotten pulled over for it..strange man...
Old 02-07-2007, 12:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels
Originally Posted by Saprissa
say NO to front license plates !

Hell, I don't even like rear ones.......

Got busted for "running a red" when I passed clearly during a yellow. **** speed camera's got my rear license plate. (with a nice picture of my car passing the intersection with a YELLOW LIGHT CLEARLY IN THE PICTURE.)

The picture came with a nice $300 ticket. $300 for running a red? I almost want to believe the ticket would've been cheaper if I was speeding instead.....

I contested the hell out of it, and the Judge actually laughed when he saw the picture of the Yellow light. I got off with a "warning", and was told they were going to fix the over-sensitive cameras.

F-ing Plano Pigs. This is what happens when rich neighborhoods have too much tax money. Thank God I moved to Houston. This city can't even afford reflective lane markers for the crap roads here, much less speed cameras! Woohoo!

Last edited by TA-9FF; 02-07-2007 at 12:52 AM.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
Originally Posted by c32used
maybe the people you hang out with!

Doped people have impaired judgement just like drunks do and if we were to legalize dope then imagine everything else we'll have to legalize. I know you are kidding right?

Happy people and cars do not relate.
BTW, I am not talking about driving while impaired and would certainly never endorse it.. My spouse was killed by a drunk and stoned driver 6 years ago..

NO I am absolutely not kidding. If anything I would vote to make alcohol illegal and legalize pot.. Alcohol is poison dude, marijuana is all natural. I speak from much experience and yes research.. Not trying to start a pissing match..
Old 02-07-2007, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by alpinweiss
I am in the minority here, since I live in a state (New Mexico) that does not have a front plate. That said, I really fail to see the benefit of the front license. Police here are accustomed to looking at the back of a car, and traffic cameras are focused on the rear of cars. I am not aware of any groundswell of support for adding a front license.

The argument for a front plate is about security. Perhaps then we should also require a license on each side of the car, and paint numbers on the roof. Society has to make choices, how many liberties are we willing to trade for security?
If you would of read thru the thread I had already mentioned the biggest advantage to front plate which was if someone hits you with their front end and have no plates an your car was impaired and the violator decided to run well maybe cause he knows he doesn't have a front plate he decides to backup to an alley and get away well because no front plate you were unable to identify him besides make model and color of car and possibly the damage on it. Maybe there was witnesses or maybe there wasn't that might of seen the rear plate as you were backing up or maybe they don't recall cause they know the person or were astonished by the accident....there are other reasons why a front plate is vital but I am not about to waste another 30 min describing it ok take care.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
BTW, I am not talking about driving while impaired and would certainly never endorse it.. My spouse was killed by a drunk and stoned driver 6 years ago..

NO I am absolutely not kidding. If anything I would vote to make alcohol illegal and legalize pot.. Alcohol is poison dude, marijuana is all natural. I speak from much experience and yes research.. Not trying to start a pissing match..
I get you but dope can cause serious consequences that is why its is and always will be illegal. Maybe with the older crowd it can remain tame but the younger crowd won't keep it tamed..........I could imagine a teenager telling a cop that because they smoked legalized weed that they did what they did and then the adult criminals would blame it on weed too so see the possible situations when keeping it illegal is much better? I am sorry you lost someone dear to you but it should pit against it not for it.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
I agree with you sdsilverm3. Well, today my bro got pull over because of the tint on the front windows on El Cajon Blvd too... . It's a fix-it ticket. So, can somebody in SD share their experience on what to do after this (other than of course take the tint off)?? The cop told my brother that he will get the ticket by mail and ask my bro to just mail the ticket back to court and pay $10. My question is how do the police know if the tint was taken off (assuming mr bro only mails the ticket back and pay $10)?? This is my first experience so any info will be appreciate.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pulled over for no front plate..