C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Pulled over for no front plate..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML63
Thumbs down Pulled over for no front plate..

So I was driving down El Cajon blvd in the College area of San Diego, pretty busy road near my house.. minding my own business driving the speed limit (which is kinda rare.. LOL).. Had to go pick up beer and some oil to make buffalo wings for the playoff game. This cop going the other way flips a U turn in the middle of the road and proceeds to follow me (not a safe looking illegal U turn at that)

I was thinking WTF did I do, why is this moron following me.. So I make a right down the street I live on and he flips on the lights.. I proceed to pull over and he tells me to keep going to the intersection.. Since I only live two houses past the intersection I pull in my driveway and dude almosts rams my car and blocks the whole street behind me..

I rolled down my window and said what's up? What did I do as I hand him my licence? He looks all agro and asks why I didn't follow his "orders". I said, Dude, I live here and I was pointing for you to see where I was going..

So then he says.. You know its the law in California to have a front license plate.. I said, yeah, so, I have never been pulled over for it, nor have I gotten a ticket in the past 10 years and I have never had a front plate on any of my cars..

So now the whole damn neighborhood is looky louing me and the situation, and I was more than pissed, because now I just missed the kick off for the Charger vs. Pats game..

My buddy was in the house waiting for me laughing thru the window.. Then dude walks up gives me my license and says, well I could give you a fix it ticket, but I am not going too. Next time you are asked to pull over just do it.. My buddy was so pissed becasue he just got a fix it tickey two weeks ago. (The cop gave him a choice - fix it ticket or speeding ticket, LOL)

So, I am rambling on here and I really shouldn't be pissed because I didn't get the fix it ticket..

I guess I just don't like taking orders from some guy in a uniform when I haven't done anything wrong.. I am not fond of people taking down to me.. especially some young punk cop..
Old 01-15-2007, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by amgmark
So I was driving down El Cajon blvd in the College area of San Diego, pretty busy road near my house.. minding my own business driving the speed limit (which is kinda rare.. LOL).. Had to go pick up beer and some oil to make buffalo wings for the playoff game. This cop going the other way flips a U turn in the middle of the road and proceeds to follow me (not a safe looking illegal U turn at that)

I was thinking WTF did I do, why is this moron following me.. So I make a right down the street I live on and he flips on the lights.. I proceed to pull over and he tells me to keep going to the intersection.. Since I only live two houses past the intersection I pull in my driveway and dude almosts rams my car and blocks the whole street behind me..

I rolled down my window and said what's up? What did I do as I hand him my licence? He looks all agro and asks why I didn't follow his "orders". I said, Dude, I live here and I was pointing for you to see where I was going..

So then he says.. You know its the law in California to have a front license plate.. I said, yeah, so, I have never been pulled over for it, nor have I gotten a ticket in the past 10 years and I have never had a front plate on any of my cars..

So now the whole damn neighborhood is looky louing me and the situation, and I was more than pissed, because now I just missed the kick off for the Charger vs. Pats game..

My buddy was in the house waiting for me laughing thru the window.. Then dude walks up gives me my license and says, well I could give you a fix it ticket, but I am not going too. Next time you are asked to pull over just do it.. My buddy was so pissed becasue he just got a fix it tickey two weeks ago. (The cop gave him a choice - fix it ticket or speeding ticket, LOL)

So, I am rambling on here and I really shouldn't be pissed because I didn't get the fix it ticket..

I guess I just don't like taking orders from some guy in a uniform when I haven't done anything wrong.. I am not fond of people taking down to me.. especially some young punk cop..
yeah i understand they are doing their jobs but they dont have to be a ***** about it and like laugh as he hands me the ticket...stupid *****s
Old 01-15-2007, 05:17 PM

2002 E55 & 1995 SEAGRAVE
We have that law around here as well but I've only been talked to once. I think it's BS to pull someone over simply for a tag. If your speeding or doing stupid s*** than yes the plate can be an issue. Just driving down the road, total BS.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
**** em, dont let it get to you.

i drove home (for a lot longer than you did ) with a cop on my *** w/ sirens flashing etc...

my mom came out and talked him out of giving me a speeding ticket, he was pissed too
Old 01-15-2007, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 c230 v6 SS
tryna catch ya riding dirtay..tryna catch ya ridin dirtay! haha...punk cops..see a fixed up car and no plate..ur gonna get pulled eventually...i got pulled over so many times in my civic...no front plate..lowered too much...lights too bright..blah blah...payed 10 bucks and had a cop write it off..lol..jus tell em next time that mercedes dealers dont drill holes in amg bumpers..go write them a ticket instead.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:41 PM
Out Of Control!

You should've invited the guy to watch the game with you after. lol
Old 01-15-2007, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
Originally Posted by JamE55
You should've invited the guy to watch the game with you after. lol
LOL.. I figured he was already pissed about missing the game..
Old 01-15-2007, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
Originally Posted by 55 BEAST
We have that law around here as well but I've only been talked to once. I think it's BS to pull someone over simply for a tag. If your speeding or doing stupid s*** than yes the plate can be an issue. Just driving down the road, total BS.
That's why I was pissed and I let him know.. If I was doing something wrong like speeding I can see it, but to pull a u turn and pull me over just because I don't have a front plate is ridiculas.

I am suprised he didn't pull his gun on me the way he reacted walking up to my window..

The ironic thing is that there were literally 4 other cars pulled over in a five block radius. It's either quota time or they were all pissed they were missing the playoffs.. LOL
Old 01-15-2007, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
but you DID do something wrong. . . you drove the car with no front plate. You obviously KNOW that that is illegal
Old 01-15-2007, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
Originally Posted by jgsx
but you DID do something wrong. . . you drove the car with no front plate. You obviously KNOW that that is illegal
Well technically I didn't DO anything which I guess is your point. I bought the car like this and it has never had a plate. So by not putting one on I was ignoring the law, but yet he didn't even give me a fix it ticket for it.. so he was allowing me to continue to break the law.. LOL.. Oh well..
Old 01-15-2007, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Exclamation

just bring your car to the MB Meet next Saturday...

no one has a front plate !!!

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...170904&page=11
Old 01-15-2007, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
No drill bit will ever see my front bumper..... It just depends on the city you live in, If you have camera's all over the city that you live in or the city your driving around then I would expect the police to inforce that law on the cars that dont have front plates.

Ever since the New year the california highway patrol have been passing out tickets like hot cakes so be carefull.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:49 PM

S65 Renntech'd, GL450, Super Charged Range Rover
That blows! What a jerk!
Old 01-15-2007, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
Originally Posted by Saprissa
just bring your car to the MB Meet next Saturday...

no one has a front plate !!!

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...170904&page=11
LOL! I am going to try to make it.. Haven't signed up yet.. Trying to get one of my buddies to drive up with me.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002

The best thing is that you argued about the law...and got away with it. Be happy cause next time I bet you won't be so lucky. I bet the same cop will pull you over too!
Old 01-15-2007, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
It's also a law here in Illinois to have the front plate.

Luckily the dealership asked me if I wanted the front plate, and I responded, you drill holes into the front and you can keep the car!
Old 01-15-2007, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by MercedesFTW
It's also a law here in Illinois to have the front plate.

Luckily the dealership asked me if I wanted the front plate, and I responded, you drill holes into the front and you can keep the car!
LMAO
Old 01-15-2007, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
I brought this up earlier, but I didn't used to have a front plate. Once I finally realized that I was going to be getting 1-2 tickets per WEEK for no front plate, I finally put one on.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
If you drive in the city a lot, you should probably have a front plate. At least that's what I've been told.

One of our friends got a fancy new Cayenne Turbo (S? I forget) and the first time she takes it to Chicago she gets a fix-it ticket. She was sooo mad.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
The cop is letting her off easy with a fix-it ticket, coz in Illinois it's a moving violation.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:52 PM

E430 , E500
Your car must have caught his attention, maybe its too clean and nice, thats why he pulled you over...
Old 01-15-2007, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Originally Posted by MercedesFTW
If you drive in the city a lot, you should probably have a front plate. At least that's what I've been told.

One of our friends got a fancy new Cayenne Turbo (S? I forget) and the first time she takes it to Chicago she gets a fix-it ticket. She was sooo mad.
Chicago doesn't give out fix-its for no front plate. It is $50/pop. One time I was parked in the same spot overnight, got one at like 7pm, another at 3am.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
Originally Posted by jgsx
Chicago doesn't give out fix-its for no front plate. It is $50/pop. One time I was parked in the same spot overnight, got one at like 7pm, another at 3am.
Glad I don't live in Chicago!
Old 01-15-2007, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Glad I don't live in Chicago!
That is probably the only traffic/vechicle thing that is worse in Illinois than California. In CA, I used to just double side tape a front plate on, drive to the CHP, have them sign it, and mail the $10.

Other than that, CA vehicle code SUCKS! Driving a modded vehicle in CA is a time bomb
Old 01-15-2007, 11:47 PM

C63 AMG (stock right now), Beach Cruiser (debadged), Piper Cherokee 280 (too much to mention)
tickets tickets tickets

the last 'friendly' officer that gave me a ticket says:

"Have a better night."

...like it was going to be difficult.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pulled over for no front plate..