C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

valeo problem question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 10:36 PM
mbfan03

valeo problem question

I have a 2002 c32 with a valeo rad in it. i dont see any signs of transmission jerks or any symptons. i have extented warranty through mercury. i habe a service appointment on the 15th. I definetly dont want any problems with this I was reading that the glyco test is free? and if they dont find anything i want to change the rad to a behr what eles do i have to change and is it easy. thanks so much.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Originally Posted by mbfan03
I have a 2002 c32 with a valeo rad in it. i dont see any signs of transmission jerks or any symptons. i have extented warranty through mercury. i habe a service appointment on the 15th. I definetly dont want any problems with this I was reading that the glyco test is free? and if they dont find anything i want to change the rad to a behr what eles do i have to change and is it easy. thanks so much.

Aftermarket warranties like Mercury are going to be very tight with their money. So you'll definitely need a contamination test and a strong diagnosis. Check with a Benz dealer and see what they would charge for the test. I'd be surprised if it was free. PS - I have a Valeo and 42,000 miles. No problems so far. I am going to change trans fluid this Spring and have it tested.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:44 AM

All of them!
Originally Posted by Fifth Ring
Aftermarket warranties like Mercury are going to be very tight with their money. So you'll definitely need a contamination test and a strong diagnosis. Check with a Benz dealer and see what they would charge for the test. I'd be surprised if it was free. PS - I have a Valeo and 42,000 miles. No problems so far. I am going to change trans fluid this Spring and have it tested.
I just replaced Valeo radiator in a 04 E500 with another Valeo as it was all that was available. I would have paid more to have a BEHR, but it is currently not available. Ask your dealer if he has a BEHR.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:46 PM
mbfan03

i will go ahead and have the test done i dont see anything mixture in the anitfreeze and i will order the behr and prob do it my self if it isnt contaminated yet.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:50 PM

2002 C32 ///AMG
Anyone have the part number for the Behr radiator for the 02 C32? How easy was the swap out and are there any modifications that need to be done? Where do you buy the Behr from?