C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Who makes C32 rotors and where can I get them?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 c32 AMG
Who makes C32 rotors and where can I get them?

I have searched the forums and the only companies mentioned that are currently making C32 rotors are Zimmerman and whoever makes the OEM rotors. I have called 6 different brake vendors nationawide and can't find rotors anywhere. Can someone help me with a recommendation on what company is still making these and who is selling them? Thanks. By the way, Brembo does not make/market a stand-alone rotor for the C32...only a brake kit.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:12 PM

C32 AMG
yeah..i dunno who make our oem replacement. i have searched too online and i ended up buying zimmerman. all i can say is that it good. i have it on for half a yr, havent had any issues with it, the price was good too. also i add porterfield RS-4 pads.. pretty good compared with original set-up...and also i hardly notice any brake dust.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:26 PM

2003 c32 AMG
Originally Posted by alchang32
yeah..i dunno who make our oem replacement. i have searched too online and i ended up buying zimmerman. all i can say is that it good. i have it on for half a yr, havent had any issues with it, the price was good too. also i add porterfield RS-4 pads.. pretty good compared with original set-up...and also i hardly notice any brake dust.
I am glad to hear you like the Zimms. I have read about rusting and warping issues with these, but am surprised about this coming from a German manufacturer who supplies OEM to German car companies. I just bought some RS-4s also and am awaiting delivery. Some SS brake lines, and ATE Typ 200 fluid too. All I need is to find some rotors and I will have them all installed. I am tracking at Sebring Int'l on 5/04. I can hardly wait! Thanks for the post.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML63
Originally Posted by 03c32AMG
I have searched the forums and the only companies mentioned that are currently making C32 rotors are Zimmerman and whoever makes the OEM rotors. I have called 6 different brake vendors nationawide and can't find rotors anywhere. Can someone help me with a recommendation on what company is still making these and who is selling them? Thanks. By the way, Brembo does not make/market a stand-alone rotor for the C32...only a brake kit.
I believe the factory c32 rotors are made by Brembo.. You can definitely just get the rotors from Brembo.. I just got a quote for them.. You need to find a local tuner shop that can order them for you..

BTW, I have seen some from R1 Concepts on ebay.. Not sure of the quality.. Anyone tried these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PREMI...spagenameZWDVW
Old 03-07-2007, 09:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
I put on Zimmerman's last fall. So far, so good. I bought some cheap hi-temp aluminum paint and painted the hats silver. I hate seeing rusty rotors. I know it's not harmful, but with the hats painted bright silver, the brakes/wheels look that much better.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi C7.5 S6
I put on the Zimmerman rotors, this year. They came already painted gray, even on the wear surface. First application of the brakes and wear surface looks perfectly machined. The rest of the rotor is still gray.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:11 PM

2009 C63
rotors

I have also been looking for rotors and discovered the same thing. Only game in town is Zimmerman and OEM (which may very well be one in the same).
Old 03-09-2007, 11:35 PM

2003 c32 AMG
Originally Posted by WhittAMG
I have also been looking for rotors and discovered the same thing. Only game in town is Zimmerman and OEM (which may very well be one in the same).
I spoke to Mark at Frozen Rotors yesterday. He called me back after researching some information for me about our C32 rotors, like who actually makes them. He told me Raybestos made them. It is hard to believe that a German car manufacturer would purchase rotors from an American company, but that is what he told me. I had heard that Brembo made them, but he confirmed this otherwise. Anyway, I just purchased 4 from oempartsdirect for less than $300, shipped. The OEM rotors should match fine with the Porterfield R4-S's I just bought. Good luck.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
A guy at one of my local tuners said he could order me Brembo drilled front and rear rotors with a 6-8 week turn around. I am getting my rotor's replaced next week on Wednesday, but I decided to just go oem rotors and Red Box pads..
Old 03-10-2007, 01:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Originally Posted by Fifth Ring
I put on Zimmerman's last fall. So far, so good. I bought some cheap hi-temp aluminum paint and painted the hats silver. I hate seeing rusty rotors. I know it's not harmful, but with the hats painted bright silver, the brakes/wheels look that much better.
Pics?
Old 03-10-2007, 06:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mark, where did you go to locally?

I was talking to Albert at Group5 today and he asked if I knew anyone who made the rear cross drilled rotors for the rear. Coincidence or is that where you went?
Old 03-10-2007, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
Originally Posted by sdsilverm3
Mark, where did you go to locally?

I was talking to Albert at Group5 today and he asked if I knew anyone who made the rear cross drilled rotors for the rear. Coincidence or is that where you went?
No coincidence.. I am working with Albert. I was hoping to hoping to get a few things done there. I might have to look into this mod..

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/119000-latest-project-progress-pics.html
Old 03-10-2007, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That looks nice. Beats the unattractive looking rear caliper/rotors.

I had no idea the rear cross drilled were so rare.