Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
Some suspension install questions, installing coilovers

I have two questions.

1. Regarding the swaybar end links. I am replacing mine while I do my coilovers. is there any easy way to hold the one side that spins? Does that endcap come off? Or do I simply push the boot back, and use a wrench to hold it.

2. In the picture below, does anyone know the hex size for the rounded nut that is circled? Its pretty big. At least 12mm, maybe larger.

I have searched on both questions, and could not find the answer. Thanks.

Old 03-16-2007, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
Something Slow
i think the one that holds the rotor to the shocks maybe like 19mm or 21mm use a vice Grip to hold one side from spinning

and to tighten the Sway bar endlink u will need a torx bit driver and i think a 12mm Wrench
Old 03-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Banned

C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
I tried holding it from spinning, but it doesnt work. It has a hex end, but I just dont know what size. The one side is a 19mm.

As for the end links, I seem to remember someone mentioning using a torx to hold one end. Does that cap come off or something? It sure doesnt look like it.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Something Slow
Originally Posted by code3smith
I tried holding it from spinning, but it doesnt work. It has a hex end, but I just dont know what size.

As for the end links, I seem to remember someone mentioning using a torx to hold one end. Does that cap come off or something? It sure doesnt look like it.
i used a vice Grip and a Air gun

the Endlink cap dont come off u have to use a torx Driver to hold it and use an open wrench to turn it
Old 03-16-2007, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Something Slow
also u might wanna be carefull when tightening the top Strut Nut these too little notch are very easy to tear off see pic so dont make the Black metal on top Spin.

Old 03-16-2007, 10:09 PM
Almost a Member!

C32 T-modell
For the swaybar end links there is two types.

In my 220cdi there was hexagonal tip on the bolt. Just hold the bolt tip with a suitable tool and 18mm wrench for the nut.

In my C32 it was different, the bolt tip was round shaped. You can prevent it from spinning by holding it with 19mm wrench on the other side of the plate where it is attached. Just turn the nut to find the right position for the wrench on the other side. Just did this yesterday...
Old 03-16-2007, 11:12 PM
Banned

C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
I took out the original style end links, and put in the new style. I just used the wrench to hold the old ones. Oon the new ones, I used the torx to hold it in the end, something the originals did not have.

The hex size for the circled bolt is 12mm, in case anybody needs to know for future reference.