C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C32 0-60mph G-Tech

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.67 average.

Old 03-25-2007, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Originally Posted by kchristos
What do you mean launch at 1800-2000 rpm? I hope you are not reving the engine at 2k rpm in Newtral (N) and then drop it in gear!!!
I'm pretty sure (I hope at least) he is holding the brake and reving to 2k and then just releasing the brake. That is a pretty good way to launch these if that's what he's doing...
Old 03-25-2007, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by kchristos
What do you mean launch at 1800-2000 rpm? I hope you are not reving the engine at 2k rpm in Newtral (N) and then drop it in gear!!!

Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
I'm pretty sure (I hope at least) he is holding the brake and reving to 2k and then just releasing the brake. That is a pretty good way to launch these if that's what he's doing...

I've been driving for more than 15 years Have you tried to drop it in gear at 2000 rpm before?

I just try to match what people usually get from their gtech <b>on my G-Tech.</b> No surprise if I have 5.9s on my G-Tech and DHmtbykr got 4.6s on the Belltronics on his stock
Old 03-26-2007, 12:42 AM

Don't have a Mercedes right now...
Just checking, sometimes when you power brake the car, the ESP stalls the engine momentarily (in these cars the ESP is still active to a certain degree even after you switch it off) or you get excessive spin which also hurts the time. Try flooring normally with the “ESP ON” it and see what you get. Sometimes ESP helps because it prevents excessive spinning.

I once test drove a C32 from a dealer, and tried my G-tech (old generation) to test it. The number was much higher than what I thought (probably about ~5.6-5.8sec don't remember exactly) with the sales rep sitting beside me. It was a pretty hot day also but I still thought that the IC pump was bad on that car because I didn't feel much difference when the compressor kicks in (I test drove several C32's back then so I knew how it should feel like). I think one way to verify if the IC pump is working is to start the car when is cold, switch it off and see if you can hear any sound from the engine compartment (You may need to verify that, I don’t remember exactly, do a search on this forum and you will find a lot of info on that). If it doesn’t work, change it because that’s your problem. If it does work, and your car is still slow make sure to check if the brand of you radiator is VALEO and if it is check for glycol contamination. This is another common problem with these cars.

BTW, I tested the acceleration of my car (C43 AMG) back when I got my G-tech and came exactly as it should 5.8sec. I didn’t power brake neither switched the ESP off, just got on the gas and let it do it’s thing. Try that and see what you get. Another suggestion is to try to measure the acceleration of your friends car and see if G-tech reports a reasonable number, this will eliminate the possibility of you having a bad unit. Good luck!
Old 03-26-2007, 05:13 AM

2003 C32
C43 5.8

I have a friend with a C43 who used my timer and his best run was a 5.8 0-60 so I think my runs under 5 seconds must be farely accurate. when I heard C32meC32 was running 5.98 at best I was really surprised, amg claims that a stock c32 should run 4.9's and autozine (http://www.autozine.org/html/Mercedes/C_class.html#C55) claims 4.6, so something must be wrong with the car cause it should run at least low 5's. If it makes any difference, when I ran a 4.6, I had no spare tire in the trunk, less than a quarter tank of gas, temp outside was 34 degrees I and was running michelin pilot sport ps2's so maybe that made some difference.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:48 AM

2003 C32
Originally Posted by DHmtbykr
I have a friend with a C43 who used my timer and his best run was a 5.8 0-60 so I think my runs under 5 seconds must be farely accurate. when I heard C32meC32 was running 5.98 at best I was really surprised, amg claims that a stock c32 should run 4.9's and autozine (http://www.autozine.org/html/Mercedes/C_class.html#C55) claims 4.6, so something must be wrong with the car cause it should run at least low 5's. If it makes any difference, when I ran a 4.6, I had no spare tire in the trunk, less than a quarter tank of gas, temp outside was 34 degrees I and was running michelin pilot sport ps2's so maybe that made some difference.
This link; http://www.c32life.com/ (click on statistics) shows the C43 at 5.8 and the C32 4.6
Old 03-26-2007, 12:29 PM

Sorry guys. I did not mean to use this thread or my G-Tech to make or claim the standard 0-60mph for C32s. I use it to see how accurate it (mine) is on my car. So please do not use, reference or assume it for your car.

Here are the three runs on my friend’s C32 (totally stock, all maintenance done by MB dealer). He got 6.15s 1st run; 6.09s 2nd; I got 6.05s on his car 3rd run early today. Only one person is in the car at a time.

My best on my car was 5.98 yesterday, but I have aftermarket rim/tires and aftermarket intake

So it’s clearly that my G-Tech should only be used for tune AGAIN PLEASE DO NOT USE MY G-TECH TIME TO ASSUME YOURS.

Please do not blame on us
Old 03-26-2007, 03:34 PM

Don't have a Mercedes right now...
All we are saying is that G-tech's are fairly accurate based on our experience. Since your numbers seem way off, we are trying to tell you to check your G-tech or your car. One of the 2 does not seem to be working properly. Where are you located?

BTW, did you try to do a run without powerbraking and with the ESP ON?
Old 04-01-2007, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by C32meC32
Sorry guys. I did not mean to use this thread or my G-Tech to make or claim the standard 0-60mph for C32s. I use it to see how accurate it (mine) is on my car. So please do not use, reference or assume it for your car.

Here are the three runs on my friend’s C32 (totally stock, all maintenance done by MB dealer). He got 6.15s 1st run; 6.09s 2nd; I got 6.05s on his car 3rd run early today. Only one person is in the car at a time.

My best on my car was 5.98 yesterday, but I have aftermarket rim/tires and aftermarket intake

So it’s clearly that my G-Tech should only be used for tune AGAIN PLEASE DO NOT USE MY G-TECH TIME TO ASSUME YOURS.

Please do not blame on us

5.831s on my d*am G-Tech now, new set of tires, full tank 91 octan, 65 degree
Working on 5.6
Old 04-02-2007, 09:51 PM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
2011 CL63 AMG (Current) 2005 CLS55 AMG (Current) 2004 C32 AMG (Sold)
Originally Posted by C32meC32
5.831s on my d*am G-Tech now, new set of tires, full tank 91 octan, 65 degree
Working on 5.6
With my g-tech i did one run only and was happy with the 5.13sec run.
Your time will go down straight away with like a quarter tank of gas, you carrying around excess weight. Also what altitude do you live at, or should i say you running the car at? If you at higher altitudes it will be slightly slower... Good luck on getting your times down.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Last night a buddy brought his G-Tech over. After all this talk about your times I wanted to see first hand what mine would do. Went out hunting for some cars to line up with while we were at it and did some runs between lights up to 60ish. All times were amazingly consistent, the best being a 4.86. That's with less than a 1/4 tank of 93 (all we run down here), with passenger, tires 50% worn, running at sea level in humid mid 70s temps.
Now, do I think my car is a second quicker than yours C32meC32? No, at least it shouldn't be. Have you narrow down your problem yet? Is it for SURE your G-Tech calibrated wrong or is there a deeper issue with your car? That is something you should be trouble shooting to get a definite answer too and not just hoping its your G-Tech. Don't base your assumptions on results from lining up with other cars.

Last edited by SilverBulletAMG; 04-03-2007 at 08:36 AM.