C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Heated seats problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 09:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1991 Toyota MR2, 2002 C32 AMG
Heated seats problem

I was driving home yesterday from TGIF and it was pretty chilly outside so I decided to turn on my heated seat. I wasn't paying attention but within almost 5-10 minutes after turning them on I kept smelling this awful odor that for some reason I thought was coming from outside. I then made an attempt to turn off the heated seat. It wouldn't turn off. I then turned off my car and turned it back on and still nothing. The passenger function works properly but before I take it in to get it checked out any of you guys had problems with this feature in the past?

Old 03-26-2007, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Obsidian E55
Originally Posted by turbo16lbs
I was driving home yesterday from TGIF and it was pretty chilly outside so I decided to turn on my heated seat. I wasn't paying attention but within almost 5-10 minutes after turning them on I kept smelling this awful odor that for some reason I thought was coming from outside. I then made an attempt to turn off the heated seat. It wouldn't turn off. I then turned off my car and turned it back on and still nothing. The passenger function works properly but before I take it in to get it checked out any of you guys had problems with this feature in the past?

Theres a nice big thread about driver heated seats failing, apparently its a common fault.Do a quick search and im sure youll find it.

Mine busted too
Old 03-26-2007, 11:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1991 Toyota MR2, 2002 C32 AMG
Thanks a ton. You guys are great.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:35 PM

2002 C32
I've not had/heard of that problem but one of the elements failing (I've had the driver's seat cushion element fail twice) is a comman problem as is the seat control modules failing and causing a current drain.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML63
Lets see, my car was just in the shop two weeks ago for the drivers side bottom element going out.. at least the second or third problem with the drivers seat. This past weekend my passenger seat went out.. again! This is also the 2nd or 3rd time for that seat.

One good thing, my drivers seat was really squeaky, every time I hit a bump, turn, etc. Since I had the seat bottom replaced the squeak is gone.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:27 PM

AMG Grocery Getter
i just got home after picking my car up from the dealer after both the driver and passenger side heating element failing ... this is the second time the driver side failed and i had my car haven't even reach 40000km