Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Beat Your Traffic Ticket

Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry
I'm not going to post my numbers yet, but I have picked up 35whp since my visit to the Dynojet earlier this month.

The car feels strong and I enjoy driving it again.

I got a ticket this morning for burning through second gear across an intersection.

Unmarked car!
Jerry, you should try this to get out of that speeding ticket:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=207182

Glad to see your car gaining back all the power.....
Old 08-27-2007, 04:07 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Update:

Ok, here is my Dyno graph combined with c32used. These are uncorrected numbers. We dynoed back to back...pretty fun!

I went first, followed by Victor.

Keep in mind that I'm losing about 15-20Whp to the 19" rims and tires that weigh too much. I'm looking for Renntech monolites so if you have some and want to sell them let me know.

I'm sending the ECU back to Renntech so we can start over with the tuning. The lean condition that I was seeing was due to the plugs not being gapped correctly. Now, it seems as if the timing is too agressive.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
dyno-victor.pdf (745.0 KB, 162 views)
Old 08-27-2007, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK32
Jerry-

So what are we comparing here? I can look at the graphs and see an uncorrected gain of 31hp and and 35 ft/lbs of torque. What modifications does each car have?
Old 08-27-2007, 04:24 PM

02 C32 AMG sold!
Who was the red one? The red one has better fuel but the blue was
leaner, and making more hp and tq...
Old 08-27-2007, 04:34 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Well, I'm waiting on GRD to schedule me another appointment so we can compare my old graph with the new one.

Before Erick came in town I dynoed 285WHP on this same dyno.

I'm running less than 17.5 PSI currently.

I'm just trying to give updates along the way. I'm guessing that I will dyno in the 350 range @ GRD.

Before I had issues.
GRD Dynapak - 354WHP is the graph we used. 362WHP is the highest I've had.

After I had issues.

I took the car to GRD a few days before I went to P&L and this is what it showed.
GRD Dynapak - 320WHP
P&L Dynojet - 285WHP

Made a few changes to the car...
P&L Dynojet - 317WHP

So, if GRD shows that I have 35 more WHP than P&L, then I should be able to add that to my current numbers to determine what I'm making @ GRD. My highest number today was 320Whp + 35Whp = 355whp which puts me back to normal...which is why I said the car feels like it used to.

I'm not trying to show high WHP figures, I just wanted to provide you with all the info that I have.

Basically, the car still has issues on the top end. The cams, port job, and new pulley only gave me what I had before.

P&L wanted to see what a stock C32 would do, so I called c32used and jacek9478 and they both showed up to help. I paid $60 of the $80 towards Victor's Dyno so P&L could see the difference.

Last edited by sales@eurocharged.com; 08-27-2007 at 04:38 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:35 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Originally Posted by neihouma
Who was the red one? The red one has better fuel but the blue was
leaner, and making more hp and tq...

I'm the blue one.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Thumbs up

Well, I'm waiting on GRD to schedule me another appointment so we can compare my old graph with the new one.

I'm just trying to give updates along the way. I'm guessing that I will dyno in the 350 range @ GRD.

Before I had issues.
GRD Dynapak - 354WHP is the graph we used. 362WHP is the highest I've had.

After I had issues.

I took the car to GRD a few days before I went to P&L and this is what it showed.
GRD Dynapak - 320WHP
P&L Dynojet - 285WHP

Made a few changes to the car...
P&L Dynojet - 317WHP

So, if GRD shows that I have 35 more WHP than P&L, then I should be able to add that to my current numbers to determine what I'm making @ GRD. My highest number today was 320Whp + 35Whp = 355whp which puts me back to normal...which is why I said the car feels like it used to.

I'm not trying to show high WHP figures, I just wanted to provide you with all the info that I have.

Basically, the car still has issues on the top end. The cams, port job, and new pulley only gave me what I had before.

P&L wanted to see what a stock C32 would do, so I called c32used and jacek9478 and they both showed up to help. I paid $60 of the $80 towards Victor's Dyno so P&L could see the difference.
It was fun and I do it again if I have no time contraints. Thanks for covering most of the dyno. Guys I only have ik20 plugs, magnecor wires, green and k&n air filters(which I had the k&n at the time about time to replace) and just the sl55 splitter. I am very happy with the out-come and now knowing I have a strong car to work with I will consider the mods of pulley, headers and software as a mandatory to do on my list. When I do it will be not til around spring 2008 but might have everything paid for so time will tell how well these mods will act on my car.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:00 PM

SLK32

What is the latest? Any newly scheduled dyno runs?

I saw in another post you have 1200 miles with the new pulley. Have you done any data logging?
Old 08-31-2007, 09:08 AM
SPONSOR

C63S
Originally Posted by 430
What is the latest? Any newly scheduled dyno runs?

I saw in another post you have 1200 miles with the new pulley. Have you done any data logging?

As of yesterday I am giving up on the car. There are other things going on right now that I need to focus on.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:53 AM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As of yesterday I am giving up on the car. There are other things going on right now that I need to focus on.

i wish this wasn't the case, but i understand...
Old 08-31-2007, 10:03 AM

02 C32 AMG sold!
Sorry to hear this, hope's everything OK Jerry!
Old 08-31-2007, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Best wishs AMG-Jerry:

Your work on our toys has been tremdous

Hope everything works out

See yeah
Old 08-31-2007, 11:09 AM
SPONSOR

C63S
Thanks guys!

My mortgage company underestimated our property tax by $5k and I get stuck with the bill.....which isn't unusual. We live in a new area, so this is understandable.

My wife is pregnant with baby #2, and she is due in January. She will not be going back to work.

So, until I get things figured out, I won't be spending free time on the car. I would like to keep it the way it is until the baby is born, then hopefully start back up again.

It will be alot easier to work on during winter because I won't need it as a daily driver. Plus, 1Fast will have his headers done by then!
Old 08-31-2007, 11:24 AM

SLK32
Jerry-

Good luck with everything!
Old 08-31-2007, 01:45 PM

C32 AMG
Thanks guys!

My mortgage company underestimated our property tax by $5k and I get stuck with the bill.....which isn't unusual. We live in a new area, so this is understandable.

My wife is pregnant with baby #2, and she is due in January. She will not be going back to work.

So, until I get things figured out, I won't be spending free time on the car. I would like to keep it the way it is until the baby is born, then hopefully start back up again.

It will be alot easier to work on during winter because I won't need it as a daily driver. Plus, 1Fast will have his headers done by then!
Congrats !!!!!!! on Baby #2

Stick it to your bank for screwing you!
Hope you will get them good

Regards
Jack
Old 08-31-2007, 01:50 PM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks guys!

glad to see you are not giving up yet!
Old 08-31-2007, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Jerry, sorry to hear that. Your efforts in this thread has taught me so much... I've always followed this thread closely and I will continue to do so until you come back to it, which I know you will....

Congrats on the baby
Old 08-31-2007, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002

It sounds like you have a bunch of stuff hitting you at once...take time to recollect your thoughts Jerry. There are ways to do things without totally giving up just stall your project til you are able to start again. As you can see this forum respects what you have accomplished so far..you don't need to be a sticky to be remembered here so relax and return once you are reorganize
Old 08-31-2007, 06:06 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Thanks guys!

I'll be back on the project in a few months.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:22 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
great to see your car running as before you had the problems, but I would still think that with the cams and other stuff you added you would be seeing 380rwhp.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by FrankW
great to see your car running as before you had the problems, but I would still think that with the cams and other stuff you added you would be seeing 380rwhp.
Sometimes addding to many things can cause problems and even though Jerry does the research I feel there is something that even the most logical mind can forsee so imo start from fresh and if the issue still exist then maybe the issue is with the car and not the mods....I am sure Jerry will come back with more just watch!

P.S. If for some reason he doesn't..well I am sure he will be active in master-minding other members C32 mods like mine eventually.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:47 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Originally Posted by FrankW

Yeah, it all comes down to boost. I'm at 17 PSI currently and before I was at 17.5.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:51 PM

02 C32 AMG sold!
Yeah, it all comes down to boost. I'm at 17 PSI currently and before I was at 17.5.
What gives? Installed a boost guage yet?
Old 08-31-2007, 07:18 PM

SLK32
Jerrry it is getting tough to keep everything straight.

You are at 17psi with what pulley's installed? The LET right? You were running 17.5 with the RENNtech installed?
Old 08-31-2007, 08:32 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Well, I don't have a boost gauge, so this is all based on calculations. I use the same software as neihouma and he is showing more boost with an ASP pulley than I'm showing with the LET pulley and way more boost than I had with the Renntech pulley.

Renntech pulley before port job - 17.5 PSI
Renntech pulley after port job - 14.5 PSI
LET pulley after port job - 17.5 PSI

These are all estimates of course, but they are close.

There is no way to increase my boost level up to 20 PSI without swapping heads. I have an extra set of C32 heads (well 3 total - 1 bad and 2 good) and after much thought, this is what I need to do.

I have the cell phone number of my mechanic at MB and he is willing to do the work here for less $$ than MB charges.

So, when winter comes around, I'm going to give him a call and on his free time he will be able to swap the heads back to stock. By then, Erick should have headers, cams, and a good tune to support his mods. I'll know what I'm looking at this time around.

The tuner @ P&L Motorsports says that this is rubbish. He feels that even with less boost and better flowing heads, that I should make more power. He says that it is based on the volume of air that passes through, not the PSI level.

I really want to believe him because of his past, but my experience with this car leads me to think that it can only make power if the boost is high. I wish there were others who did this and had the time to figure it out. It would be nice to make our cars hit 400+WHP.

That would put the C32 in its own category...period. The car could compete with more expensive luxury vehicles and still be a good daily driver.

If I had a shop and the time, I would try to optimize the car with the S/C disabled. If we can squeeze more power out of the C32 when it's NA, then when the boost is applied, the car should do better.

If any of you have any ideas at all, post them up. I'll be glad to run down the list before I ditch the heads and start over.

Next week I'm going to send the ECU back to Renntech so I can start over with the tuning. I'm going to ask them to talk some time and talk with the guy that is actually creating the new map. I want him to understand my mods and be creative with the map.

Again, I'm not in a hurry because I'm going to lay low for a couple months and take care of a few business projects that I have been putting off this summer. I have a few websites that I need to do and clients that want things done by the end of the year.....September - December have always been my busy times.

Ask C32Used what Jorge at P&L said. He said something to the affect of "You can tell your car is stock when it's on the dyno. You should have heard Jerry's car, it sounds like a screaming monster."

The car sounds good, feels good, drives good, revs fast, pulls hard, but puts down low numbers. Something is missing.

Let me take a video for you...

Last edited by sales@eurocharged.com; 08-31-2007 at 08:36 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Porting, Polishing, and Cams project