C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Software for the C55..who has what?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a Black
Software for the C55..who has what?

I have yet to see dynos for chip'ed c55's. Who has what and what are the results...pls?
Old 03-30-2007, 11:37 AM

2005 Renntech C class
Renntech has something I believe..

www.renntechmercedes.com
Old 03-30-2007, 12:52 PM

a Black
Anyone have a C55 "chipped"?

I know speedtuning, rentech, powerchip, kleeman and ??? But what I cannot seem to find is posts with guys/gals that have it done and what their gains really are. Anyone?
Old 03-30-2007, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
C55 Brabus ECU?

Does brabus have one?
My friend went with RennTech Stage 1 on his C55 and gained 18 whp
Old 03-30-2007, 01:09 PM

For the C55 we have our Speed Innovation ECU Retuning Software available which will yield 18HP/20TQ on 91OCT and 22HP/24TQ on 93OCT. We do offer MBWorld member discounts on all of our ECU tuning software
Old 03-30-2007, 01:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Porsche
speedtuning usa offers a chip:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/speedt...67ps-510nm.htm

http://www.speedtuningusa.com/
Old 03-30-2007, 02:01 PM

a Black
anyone with software installed on their C55 able to speak up? Speedtuning looks to like the highest gains (91 or 93 gas????)...any drivabiity issues with it? Others?

Thanks guys!
Old 03-30-2007, 02:35 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Originally Posted by C55Vegas
anyone with software installed on their C55 able to speak up? Speedtuning looks to like the highest gains (91 or 93 gas????)...any drivabiity issues with it? Others?

Thanks guys!
Keep in mind the highest numerical gains on the dyno doesn't necessarily mean a company's tune is the best. For example, not that Speed Tuning USA does anything similar, some companies raise the boost on turbo cars to a level which is unsafe for continuous driving and due to the increased boost, the hp/tq gains on the dyno are fantastic. But the question is, how long will the vehicle really last?

When looking at a tune, no matter who it's from, I would look at all aspects of the tune itself. Cost, warranty (if any), satisfaction guarantee, hp/tq gains, cost of adjusting the tune for new mods in the future, etc..

In regards to Speed Tuning's software, I just wanted to confirm that they are not authorized Powerchip dealers and their product is not similar even though their product is called "Power Chip" (with a space). Please see an excerpt from their website below...
"The Power Chip - an easy and inexpensive way to upgrade your engines performance and efficiency, for gas and diesel engines! ..."

In regards to Powerchip's software, with their tune, your horsepower will increase from 362 to between 380 and 387, depending on the octane you use. Your torque will increase from 376 to between 394 and 402. Powerchip's software will also remove your top-speed limiter and improve your throttle response, which makes everyday driving much more enjoyable.

Please find a C55 dyno graph attached. Keep in mind the gains are on 91 octane fuel, not 93 which almost all states have.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Aaron
Old 03-30-2007, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C32
I bought the authentic Powerchip, and their service is awful. Besides the rant that I had with them a few months ago, I recently tried to contact them again regarding a reflash, and I never heard back from them. Their support is AWFUL!
Old 03-30-2007, 02:46 PM

a Black
Originally Posted by StealthAuto
Keep in mind .... some companies raise the boost on turbo cars to a level which is unsafe for continuous driving and due to the increased boost, the hp/tq gains on the dyno are fantastic. But the question is, how long will the vehicle really last?
Thanks for the 411, but the C55 is NA...so how does your quote apply?
Old 03-30-2007, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Thanks for the 411, but the C55 is NA...so how does your quote apply?
He was just giving a simple example. A tuner could also advance the timing too much on a NA application to get bigger numbers, but the tune would be not be safe. That's why it is important to use a reputable tuner.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Originally Posted by jgsx
I bought the authentic Powerchip, and their service is awful. Besides the rant that I had with them a few months ago, I recently tried to contact them again regarding a reflash, and I never heard back from them. Their support is AWFUL!
Nice try. lol. We both know that's not true. That's a nice attempt to try and ruin business for Powerchip & Stealth Auto.

If Powerchip offers a 14-day MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, how can you go wrong with them. Also, if you were so dissatisfied, why do you still have their software? I would have gotten my money back.

Last edited by StealthAuto; 03-30-2007 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Nice try. lol.
?? I do not understand your message. I was talking about Powerchip's service, not yours. I bought mine from evo
Old 03-30-2007, 03:03 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
?? I do not understand your message. I was talking about Powerchip's service, not yours. I bought mine from evo
I know Powerchip's service and can vouch for it. If you called them directly you would know their customer service is top-notch; anyone who has called Powerchip can contest to this.

If you need a reflash and don't want to call Powerchip directly shoot me a message and I'll be glad to hook you up.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
I know Powerchip's service and can vouch for it. If you called them directly you would know their customer service is top-notch; anyone who has called Powerchip can contest to this.

If you need a reflash and don't want to call Powerchip directly shoot me a message and I'll be glad to hook you up.
Really? Maybe every time I have called I caught a wrong person. It was very clear that they knew very little about Mercedes ECU tuning when I spoke with them. I also had my shop call them and he got the same feeling. They were never able to help me. I've also emailed them several times for support and they never answered. That's where I drew my conclusion from.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
wow speed tuning offers affordable tune with decent hp gain..
ne C55 owners with speed tuning tuned ecu?
Old 03-30-2007, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Nice try. lol. We both know that's not true. That's a nice attempt to try and ruin business for Powerchip & Stealth Auto.

If Powerchip offers a 14-day MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, how can you go wrong with them. Also, if you were so dissatisfied, why do you still have their software? I would have gotten my money back.
I still have their software because I already paid for it. This was something that arose several months after I bought it, not within 14 days. I was in no way attacking Stealth. I was talking about Powerchip. Their software itself seems fine, but I was sharing my experience with Powerchip's support.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Oh, I was confused. You went back and edited your post.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:23 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
I still have their software because I already paid for it. This was something that arose several months after I bought it, not within 14 days. I was in no way attacking Stealth. I was talking about Powerchip. Their software itself seems fine, but I was sharing my experience with Powerchip's support.
I don't want you being unhappy, whether your purchase was from us or not. If I can help you in any way let me know, I'll be glad to.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
I don't want you being unhappy, whether your purchase was from us or not. If I can help you in any way let me know, I'll be glad to.
Wow, thanks. I'll PM you.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:25 PM

2018 E63 AMG
it doesn't look like many people actually had the work done.. my question is, for those of who did have it done, did you have any problems with the dealer re: warranty?
Old 03-30-2007, 04:03 PM

a Black
Originally Posted by dragoon101
it doesn't look like many people actually had the work done..
This is my issue to. I would really like to hear a few from each tunner so that we can make an educated purchase. I would be pissed if a $500 or $1500 tune made my car run worse. Plus, why would I pay $1500 when the $500 version puts out more hp/lbs?
Old 03-30-2007, 04:36 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Plus, why would I pay $1500 when the $500 version puts out more hp/lbs?
The software might not remove your top-speed limiter or improve your throttle response. Also, there may not be a satisfaction guarantee or any type of warranty. Lastly, What if you add more mods in the future and want to remap your tune, how much is it?

Keep in mind the cheapest isn't always the best. Also, I would request dyno charts before believing all listed numbers.

CLICK HERE to check out the testimonials section of Powerchip's website. They have 100+ testimonials listed. Please find a few MB testimonials below.

---------------------------------------------
Submitted by: Mike M

Car: Mercedes-Benz CL55 AMG 5.5 V8
Chip purchased: January, 2003
Testimonial added: 28/8/2003
Customer comments:
To say I was disapointed with the car stock is an understatement.

I needed something to improve horsepower, and did not want a loud exhaust system on the car. My friend told me about Powerchip and I saw my application on their site. For the money, I can't believe the difference it has made. The car sounds 'angry' when i put the right foot on the floor.

the only thing left to fix up is the annoying gear-box shifting! let me know when you fix that guys!

take care

MM

Submitted by: Rob W

Car: Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG 5.5 V8
Testimonial added: 11/2/2003
Customer comments:
I can't believe this works...i just shipped my chip overnight to LA and the following day, I installed it back into my car. Now its just such a fun car to drive. I like to rev it all the way and take advantage of the new rev limit. And the other good thing is, now I can reach my cars maximum speed without it cutting out and hitting the 'speed wall'. Overall, great product, and thanks for the customer service as well...I'll be sure to tell my friends about you guys

Submitted by: Simon L

Car: Mercedes-Benz C32K AMG 3.2 V6
Testimonial added: 1/10/2003
Customer comments:
You have a wonderful product, the chip is fascinating. The car with the new chip is more powerful and very quick. It is almost like driving another car with a different engine, it feels more like a V-8. response.Write(imgname)

Submitted by: Richard K

Car: Mercedes-Benz CLK55 AMG 5.5
Chip purchased: January, 2005
Testimonial added: 25/4/2005
Customer comments:
I have driven the vehicle for 5 days now with the Powerchip ECU upgrade installed. The vehicle definitely has more power, especially between the 3000 to 6000 RPM range.

Last edited by StealthAuto; 03-30-2007 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Lastly, What if you add more mods in the future and want to remap your tune, how much is it?
That's exactly the problem that I'm having. I've added more mods and Powerchip just goes fetal and sucks their thumb when I ask for a retune. How much is a retune and how do I get it? I still haven't been able to get an answer to that. Thanks
Old 03-30-2007, 05:03 PM

a Black
It should be free

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Software for the C55..who has what?