C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Brabus Springs / Sway Bar

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 08:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' E39 M5, 10' CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by mike82y
im pretty sure that the sway bars from Brabus/AMG are the same.. thats why Brabus would not install them on a C32 AMG here in Germany

mike
what about the springs?
Old 04-17-2007, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drexappeal is right! Its the Carlsson sway bars which are the same as AMGs

I just checked the Brabus Catalog, the Brabus springs or suspension will work on AMG models.

Brabus sway bar kit w/s 203
PartNR. 203-115-00

Brabus sport springs w203
PartNR. 203-016-01

PArtNR. 203-016-01

Originally Posted by drexappeal
Well, from measuring and looking at them, they're not.

Measurment for Brabus Sway Bars = 27mm Front and 23mm Rear, Measurement for AMG C32 Sway Bars = 22 mm front and 16 mm rear

Check out this post from the thread that IDriveFast had when he was selling his Brabus Swaybars. I bought them from him:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....5&postcount=15
Old 04-17-2007, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by mike82y
Drexappeal is right! Its the Carlsson sway bars which are the same as AMGs

I just checked the Brabus Catalog, the Brabus springs or suspension will work on AMG models.

Brabus sway bar kit w/s 203
PartNR. 203-115-00

PartNR. 203-016-01

PArtNR. 203-016-01
I never put stuff on my car that I don't research first (well, w/ exception to the R&D stuff).
Old 04-17-2007, 12:55 PM

I never put stuff on my car that I don't research first (well, w/ exception to the R&D stuff).
what do u think is a good price for brbaus sway bars and brabus sport springs?
Old 04-17-2007, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63 AMG
Originally Posted by Harry Madan
Dunno the answer to this question, but I can help you out in this way -- should you get the Brabus sway bars, you can sell me the AMG Sway Bars and make some of your money back...

I was thinking about getting either the AMG sway bars or Eibach, but if there's a set of AMG Sway Bars on the market right now then I'd get those... Let me know.

Tee_Tz.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
That's always a matter of perspective. Brabus parts are always very bloated in pricing, so I usually don't consider them unless it is a super unique deal (ala my swaybars, which I got used from another member).

If you are set on getting this suspension setup, it really is up to you as to what you feel is a "good price". I'll tell you how I would decide and maybe that'll help you make a decision:

1) Springs and Shocks
- Can I get a set of good/reliable fully adjustable coilovers for the same price as the Brabus Springs and Shocks (brand new) non-adjustable suspension?
- Answer: YES TEIN Super Street fully adjutable coilovers and possibly KW V2's if you find a really nice vendor that'll cut you a spectacular deal (I know some of the sponsors can get both of those manufactured coilover sets).

2) Swaybars
- Can I get a set of good/reliable adjustable swaybars for less than the Brabus that are comparable in performance?
- Answer: YES H&R for a couple hundred less.

I hope that makes sense.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
I did research on the Brabus sway bars because I was going to buy a set. I ended up getting an almost new set of eibach's so went with those instead.

I was quoted approx $550 shipped and I can give you the contact info. You can also probably get them from one of the sponsors at a similar price. I think the retail on the Brabus sway bars is around $625.

You can contact Neal at Euroteck... he sells Brabus. Here is a link to the C Class page.

http://www.euroteckmotorsports.com/i...1816&pageid=40

There is also the list of sponsors.

https://mbworld.org/forums/adindex.php

I bought my Brabus floor mats from a company in Canada. I have the website if you want it.

Send me a pm if you want more info. I don't want to get in trouble for posting email addresses and non-sponsor websites.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:07 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
ooh reaallllllllllly ...wat about the u know wat on ur trunk...
Old 04-17-2007, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by FrankW
ooh reaallllllllllly ...wat about the u know wat on ur trunk...
LOL...Well, that was a different story. That was a body part, which I knew wouldn't be too expensive for me to fix through the shop I went to...Example is similar, Franky, but night and day when it comes to performance vs. aesthetics.

But if it's mechanical stuff to make my car run smoothly...Gotta do it right the first time.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:50 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
LOL...Well, that was a different story. That was a body part, which I knew wouldn't be too expensive for me to fix through the shop I went to...Example is similar, Franky, but night and day when it comes to performance vs. aesthetics.

But if it's mechanical stuff to make my car run smoothly...Gotta do it right the first time.
hahah...just playing wit you...

btw, you need to get the you know what to Jose this wk, so I can get the you know what for you.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by FrankW
hahah...just playing wit you...

btw, you need to get the you know what to Jose this wk, so I can get the you know what for you.
No prob. Just talked to him a couple hours ago. But...gotta get one part also or it's not gonna look right.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:41 PM

thx for all ur help guys,
i have someone selling me the brabus springs (used (30,000Km) for $250 cad. so i'm guessing that is a pretty good price ? for them (what do u think). i guess i will have to wait to find a good deal on the sway bars from brabys or H&R
Old 04-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

thx for all ur help guys,
i have someone selling me the brabus springs (used (30,000Km) for $250 cad. so i'm guessing that is a pretty good price ? for them (what do u think). i guess i will have to wait to find a good deal on the sway bars from brabys or H&R
Actually, the retail price that someone indicated for the swaybars above is pretty good. When I first researched them, they were more expensive.

As for the springs, $250 Canadian is a pretty good deal, but I don't know how much the Brabus springs retail for.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:33 PM

hey Drexappeal: i got a question
some time ago i e-mail Brabus USA for information on teh springs and sway bars. and the conversation i had with them is as follows ....

this is what i asked them
Harry:
"Hey guys,
i just have a few question for you. I own a 2003 C32, and i'm looking to do some changes to the car, i was thinking about going with Brabus Sway Bars and Barabus springs. But i have a question about the Springs are they stiffer then the AMG springs and after i replace the springs with the Brabus springs is it going to lower the car? i just want the front end of the car to be a little lower and the back to stay the same as it is now. Can u please clear that up for me and let me know what's my best option.
I'm moding my car for performance not for looks, that is why i'm going to the bigger sway bars and a stiffer ride, but the front end i think is too high off the ground so i was wondering who can i just bring the front end down just about an inch or inch&half. Please help. "

this is what they said

"Harry,
The BRABUS Sport springs will lower your C32 about ½ inch in the front and in the rear. The new BRABUS springs will make for a sportier ride with less lateral roll in heavy cornering and squat and dive under severe breaking. The BRABUS Sway bar kit operates within the same diameter as the AMG version"

then i asked:
"so are the Brabus sway bars the same as the AMG sway bars ?"

the ans i got was:
"They are not “the same as the AMG sway bars”. But it is not necessary to switch out the AMG package for the BRABUS version."

and my final question was:
"but would it make the rider stiffer, and lessen body roll, and increase performance in regards to cornering?"

there final answer was:
" No it would not

Kind Regards,

Matthew Harold
BRABUS USA
Newport Beach, CA 92660
PH: 949.797.0177
FX: 949.797.9177
matt@brabus-usa.com "

but everyone her say they would make a difference? so i'm now back to Square one again? and it does not look like its worth investing in Brabus Sway bars?
Old 04-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

hey Drexappeal: i got a question
some time ago i e-mail Brabus USA for information on teh springs and sway bars. and the conversation i had with them is as follows ....

this is what i asked them
Harry:
"Hey guys,
i just have a few question for you. I own a 2003 C32, and i'm looking to do some changes to the car, i was thinking about going with Brabus Sway Bars and Barabus springs. But i have a question about the Springs are they stiffer then the AMG springs and after i replace the springs with the Brabus springs is it going to lower the car? i just want the front end of the car to be a little lower and the back to stay the same as it is now. Can u please clear that up for me and let me know what's my best option.
I'm moding my car for performance not for looks, that is why i'm going to the bigger sway bars and a stiffer ride, but the front end i think is too high off the ground so i was wondering who can i just bring the front end down just about an inch or inch&half. Please help. "

this is what they said

"Harry,
The BRABUS Sport springs will lower your C32 about ½ inch in the front and in the rear. The new BRABUS springs will make for a sportier ride with less lateral roll in heavy cornering and squat and dive under severe breaking. The BRABUS Sway bar kit operates within the same diameter as the AMG version"

then i asked:
"so are the Brabus sway bars the same as the AMG sway bars ?"

the ans i got was:
"They are not “the same as the AMG sway bars”. But it is not necessary to switch out the AMG package for the BRABUS version."

and my final question was:
"but would it make the rider stiffer, and lessen body roll, and increase performance in regards to cornering?"

there final answer was:
" No it would not

Kind Regards,

Matthew Harold
BRABUS USA
Newport Beach, CA 92660
PH: 949.797.0177
FX: 949.797.9177
matt@brabus-usa.com "

but everyone her say they would make a difference? so i'm now back to Square one again? and it does not look like its worth investing in Brabus Sway bars?
It's weird because when Brabus USA was just out of the Newport offices, I don't think the people that answered the phones knew very much about their products. They didn't even know they had swaybars for the w203 at that time I called a couple years ago.

That being said, he may be right as far as the performance is concerned. If he's saying that the Brabus swaybars would not increase performance over the AMG's, then I'd believe them.

Main reason I got them was because my swaybars were tiny as hell (prior to the suspension upgrade on the 230KSS) and there used to be so much more body lean when I first got the car.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:28 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
It's weird because when Brabus USA was just out of the Newport offices, I don't think the people that answered the phones knew very much about their products. They didn't even know they had swaybars for the w203 at that time I called a couple years ago.

That being said, he may be right as far as the performance is concerned. If he's saying that the Brabus swaybars would not increase performance over the AMG's, then I'd believe them.

Main reason I got them was because my swaybars were tiny as hell (prior to the suspension upgrade on the 230KSS) and there used to be so much more body lean when I first got the car.
all the Brabus USA employee was retained when CEC took over.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:33 PM

ok well then for the W203 non amg Brabus is a grate edition but for the AMG its just not worth doing. because they are pretty much the same. well thx for all the help guys.
but i'm still going to go get the springs and bring the front end lower by about 1/2 inc.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63 AMG
ok well then for the W203 non amg Brabus is a grate edition but for the AMG its just not worth doing. because they are pretty much the same. well thx for all the help guys.
but i'm still going to go get the springs and bring the front end lower by about 1/2 inc.
Damn, this means I can't buy your AMG Sway Bars ... Hmm.. The search continues.

Tee_Tz.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Well, for comparison sake, let's not say they are the "same", let's just say that Brabus didn't recommend purchasing because the performance would not be a significant upgrade.

As far as the actual size of the swaybars, there's a definite difference, but bigger swaybars doesn't necessarily mean better performance in all instances. This is probably what Brabus was indicating. There's no reason they would need to tell you that, since it would be a sale for them, but they did, so you might as well take their word for it and save a little money.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by tee_tz

Tee_Tz.
lol sorry man, i'm still going to be looking around for some sway bars that can perform better, and if i find them i'll sell you my sway bars for sure.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:14 PM

Well, for comparison sake, let's not say they are the "same", let's just say that Brabus didn't recommend purchasing because the performance would not be a significant upgrade.

As far as the actual size of the swaybars, there's a definite difference, but bigger swaybars doesn't necessarily mean better performance in all instances. This is probably what Brabus was indicating. There's no reason they would need to tell you that, since it would be a sale for them, but they did, so you might as well take their word for it and save a little money.
Agreed
Old 04-18-2007, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
Originally Posted by tee_tz

Tee_Tz.
Hey Tee.. I just upgraded to Eibach sway bars.. I still need to get the front bar installed, but I might have my AMG sway bars available for sale in a week or so..
Old 04-18-2007, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by amgmark
Hey Tee.. I just upgraded to Eibach sway bars.. I still need to get the front bar installed, but I might have my AMG sway bars available for sale in a week or so..
Why haven't you installed the front?
Old 04-18-2007, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
Why haven't you installed the front?
The link holes on the eibach's are 3/8 and the links are 1/2.. I bought them off another forum member. Rather than going thru the hassle of returning them or finding new ones I thought I would just drill them out. I started to with my drill, but it will take forever. I am going to try and find a machine shop that can do it for me.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by amgmark
The link holes on the eibach's are 3/8 and the links are 1/2.. I bought them off another forum member. Rather than going thru the hassle of returning them or finding new ones I thought I would just drill them out. I started to with my drill, but it will take forever. I am going to try and find a machine shop that can do it for me.
Oh, I see. That makes sense. At first, I thought you were going through the same issue I had (which didn't make sense since you've got a C32).

I had to order the AMG brackets to fit over the bushings and also a different auto-leveling sensor for the bi-xenons. It was a pain in the butt and expensive parts for such small pieces, but ultimately SO worth it.

Let us know if you feel a difference between the Eibach's and the AMG's.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Brabus Springs / Sway Bar