Bridgestone RE050A Pole Position Tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 09:09 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slk32 Renntech
Smile My Review as Post on Tirerack:

I don't normally write a tire review. But I feel that I owe tirerack a favor. The favor is the result of my buying the PP's for my slk32. The original tires were Pilot Sports. They are quite good dry, terrible wet. Whenever it's raining, I lost confidence, to a point that I don't drive the car when wet, and I beg it won't rain if I had it out. Those PS1's still had some meat left but I was already looking for replacement tires that can improve the wet traction. After reading all the reviews on RE050A PP I pulled the trigger. I have only had these for a week. I already wish I had them on my car long ago. Every positive thing I read about these tires are true. Compare to PS1, the PP's are: 150% Quieter, 130% confident, 120% handling, 120% good cornering, plus 80% lighter steering wheel feel. It is not even funny. The steering wheel feels light to turn but full of feedback. Somewhat corrects Mercedes's isolated (dull) and heavy steering wheel feel. I was driving on York road where its pavement is wavy. I was quite nervous when I had the PS1 on the car since the car would follow the pavement's pattern and swings side to side a bit. I can report that tramline is about 80% reduced to an almost non noticeable level, if this is something that is important too you. What an achievement!
Additionally, the car feels more powerful. This is odd but true. When I switch with the wife she felt the same-more power.
I have not test the wet traction since it has not rained in the few days I had the PP. I will also test if there is flat spot formation after parking for a few days. But for now I am extremely happy with these tires. I hope whoever read this report because you're unsure about the tires to relax and buy them. Then this report will be fulfill its purpose. I shall post on Mercedes boards to my fellow Benz drivers. AAA+++ to Bridgestone.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:34 AM
Almost a Member!

slk32 Renntech
Bridgestone $100 rebate + special pricing will expire in a few days! Best tires for my SLK32, adds a lot of fun. Buy them while they cheap.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
i just got the dunlop sp 8000 from discount tire in 235/45 17 all around. i wanted the yokohama es100 but they weren't in stock while these were.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:19 PM

C32
I had RE050As on my stock AMG wheels when I got the car and they were exellent tyres in the wet and dry. I am on Falkens now on the 18s and would not hesitate in getting the RE050As again if they are an option when I need new tyres again.