CEL codes: P0410 and P0205

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 05:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not an AMG :(
CEL codes: P0410 and P0205

Y'all-
Started up my car this afternoon and heard a weird pump noise on the passenger side of the hood. The noise abated, but returned intermittently for a few miles.
CEL light came on so I borrowed an OBDII scanner and obtained the following codes:
P0410 (malfunction in secondary air injection system)
P0205 (malfunction in electrical circuit for #5 fuel injector).

I popped the hood and found the hose disconnected from the secondary air pump. (and yes, I had the secondary pump relay recall done about a year ago now)

I did a fair bit of searching on the forum and I cannot find anything that ties the two codes together.
Has anyone had any experience with these codes?
Is it possible that the disconnected hose could have anything to do with the P0205 code or is that telling me I have a serious problem with my fuel injectors?
Old 05-23-2007, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Whoa, first your key situation, and now a bloody CEL?!

I’ve seen recurring spurious and random P0410 on a bro’s W203. Because you have already determined that your code was tripped from a patently faulty recall procedure, you best haul the wounded carcass back to your beloved dealer. Re-disconnect the hose and have a forthright chat with your previous SA. Henceforth, it is his problem to diagnose and repair, at their expense. The EPA frowns on substandard emissions compliance.

We know your IK-20 installation was not the cause of the P0205. The SA may not appreciate the Green filters. He will be looking for an out to protect his tail. It may behoove you to reinstall the OE filters before taking it back in. Don’t give them any ammunition to cast blame in your direction. Just play dumb (easy for me) and implore him to correct the situation his negligent technician no doubt created.