C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

New owner with a couple questions here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New owner with a couple questions here

Hey guys, great forum, love all the information.

I got a 02 with 43K in mint condition for 24,250$ two days ago. A steal if you ask me! Anyways, i've already ordered a flat hood ornament, clear side markers and a sprint booster. I was looking at renntechs site and i saw that the suspension kit is 900 bucks more than the lowering kit. I am satisfied with how my cars handling so would ya'll recommend just doing the lowering kit if i would be doing it just for the looks?

Also, I know there's been a lot of posts on here about bi xenons, but would this be considered a good deal or a set of cheap knock offs?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MERCE...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 06-18-2007, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C32
If you're happy with the stock suspension peformance, springs are a great option. I'd strongly suggest the Renntech springs with Mercedes #4 pads in the rear. I originally tried to save a few bucks buy using H&R springs. They were great, but I felt that they lowered the car too much in the rear, and the spring rate was a little too rough. I eventually switched to Renntech springs and I am very happy. I got them from Adam at Eurotek. The stock ride quality is retained and I am happy with the ride hight. The rear drop isn't as big as the H&Rs, however, I still wish it was 1/4" higher in the rear.

If you want total control of your ride height, get coil overs.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:21 PM

[QUOTE=tigrewoooods;2276901]
I got a 02 with 43K in mint condition for 24,250$ two days ago.[QUOTE]
A c55 or a c32? I just got my '02 c32 in great condition for $27,000 including BBS 18" rims, limo tint, and some exterior adds. That is a great deal regardless.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:32 PM

C32. I also ordered H & R springs and a chrome grill today. Still looking for some advice on those xenons. I really just want ones that look fresh, and the ones from ebay look like that but i'm not sure about the quality.