My track day at Mosport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 09:16 AM
lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 c32
Originally Posted by PC Valkyrie
... My instructor was impressed with the C55 too, as he didn't expect this 4 door family sedan to go at the pace we did
Last year when I woke up to start the 996 Targa, it didn't (damn Heavy OEM pos batteries) so crank up the c32 (PSS9 as only mod, oh and an Optima ) and off to PCA's MOSPORT Skid Pad Day. Instructors were very reluctant to get into my 4-door "Grandma-Car" as I referred it to, preferring instead, our Porsche brethren. One warm up lap later.... Was waived ahead by everyone but a 996TT and one GT3. This was not even on the full track where the c32 can stretch its legs a little, but the shorter "Go-Cart" Track!! Was the c32 better handling than the rest of the field, probably not.. but it wasn't embarrassed either, as what it lacked it "mobile finesse" it made up in "sheer brute force".
Its all GOOD!
Have Fun and keep the Shiny Side..UP!!
Old 06-26-2007, 02:52 PM

It is a nice thing to bring your daily ride to track once in a while and let it stretch its leg.

Going to a new track, you already have 204820394823 things to worry about, being in a car that you are familiar with will definitely help.

From my memory, I have seen only one SL65, C240 wagon, C55, E55 (previous generation) on track. It is German engineer, and it won't break.

P.S. just realized this is my first post since 2004
Old 06-26-2007, 02:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
Originally Posted by Fifth Ring
Buy the Skip Barber book ("Driving Faster"). After you've had a few track days, this book really lets you understand what's going on, and how you can really use physics.

I also "play" with a driving sim program called "GTR2" that is phenomenal. If you have a decent set of PC controls (wheel and pedals) you can actually learn and experience (without the full motion sensation) things like understeer, oversteer, and trail braking / lift throttle oversteer. Best thing is that it is a game for the PC and you can download a BUNCH of great tracks free. It comes with Euro tracks, but I do all my virtual driving on US tracks I've downloaded including VIR, Watkins Glen, Sears Point (Infineon), Laguna Seca, Barber and Road America.
I have this game, and I agree - I'm learning a lot from it. Where are you getting your maps - I haven't found a good place for them yet.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Bif powell
I have this game, and I agree - I'm learning a lot from it. Where are you getting your maps - I haven't found a good place for them yet.
I don't have the link at work. I just Googled "GTR2 Downloads" and found a couple of sites. The tracks must be converted from other games and they seem VERY realistic.

I've found the Euro tracks to be kind of boring. The tracks seem to be featureless. The US roadcourses seem to have a LOT more going on. Fast sweepers, lumps and bumps that upset the car, and a nice mix of turning and braking. The only track I can directly compare to real life is VIR. The sim is pretty good, but a couple of turns seem to have the wrong camber, and the curbs are way to harsh. I suspect that VIR was built from scratch and not converted.

Favorite cars are the C5R and the Elise. Saleen is quick, but unstable at speed. Maserati MC12 is undrivable! I cannot create a stable setup for that car.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:43 PM
spr
MBWorld Fanatic!

race cars

a spec race is a type of race car not some pos prodution bsed spec miata. its a tubed race car that was around 1k pounds with driver and 200 hp or so. you obviosly have no clue about what a real race car is.they are not based on any factory car and the roll bar comes up lower than your waste. you posers on here are such morons i wont even bother wasting my time.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:58 AM

2005 Renntech C class
beautiful track!!

Beats ANY socal track where all we see is...desert....

I will hit the track this year with the c55 as well - hopefully when it cools down.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by spr
a spec race is a type of race car not some pos prodution bsed spec miata. its a tubed race car that was around 1k pounds with driver and 200 hp or so. you obviosly have no clue about what a real race car is.they are not based on any factory car and the roll bar comes up lower than your waste. you posers on here are such morons i wont even bother wasting my time.
Someone left their computer on while the kids were home alone!
Old 06-29-2007, 02:38 PM

C32 AMG - in Pewter
Originally Posted by spr
i wont even bother wasting my time.
A great idea man
Old 06-29-2007, 02:50 PM
spr
MBWorld Fanatic!

no it's call typing on my phone while in a MCLE session as I am an attorney moron
Old 06-29-2007, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
Originally Posted by spr
You call others poser because they raced their own street cars. however, you r not a poser because you race ur antique race cars on the track?????? Do you race professionally? Let's see some pics of your "real" race cars..

I guess my buddy who races Porsche GT3 Cup cars are posers too then huh? To you this isn't a real race car...

according to SPR
you must drive one of this to be considered as a REAL RACe car driver

what a douchebag..

Last edited by Quicktwinturbo; 06-29-2007 at 03:15 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:49 PM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Quicktwinturbo
You call others poser because they raced their own street cars. however, you r not a poser because you race ur antique race cars on the track?????? Do you race professionally? Let's see some pics of your "real" race cars..

I guess my buddy who races Porsche GT3 Cup cars are posers too then huh? To you this isn't a real race car...

according to SPR
you must drive one of this to be considered as a REAL RACe car driver

what a douchebag..
And he bills the client while in the process .
Old 06-29-2007, 03:56 PM
spr
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thumbs down

Duechebag eh? Wow really indicative of your intellect. You're jealous because I own a race car that not only costs more than a house if you even have one, but is faster than a cup car and is highly desirable as a collector car? Try 800hp and 1200 lbs. You guys really are pathetic indeed. You're a waste of my time and I have unsubscribed from this thread. As for the knock on my profession your naivatee is telling only about yourself.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by spr
Duechebag eh? Wow really indicative of your intellect. You're jealous because I own a race car that not only costs more than a house if you even have one, but is faster than a cup car and is highly desirable as a collector car? Try 800hp and 1200 lbs. You guys really are pathetic indeed. You're a waste of my time and I have unsubscribed from this thread. As for the knock on my profession your naivatee is telling only about yourself.
Lighten up Francis:

I have raced F2000, and Toyota Atlantics, is that enough of a race car for you

And yes, I race my Mustang, M roadster, with roll bars below my waist ha, ha, and Yes our Little C32.

Come on not everybody has a million bucks to play

these forms are a NICE way to exchange info, not designed to be a ____

See yeah
Old 06-29-2007, 04:07 PM

2002 c32
spr - chill - it's all relative. I'm sure a professional F1 driver wouldn't come onto your spec racer boards and call you a poser for racing in anything short of a fully sponsored F1 car.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by spr
I am an attorney moron
I'm just a regular attorney.

Last edited by Fifth Ring; 06-29-2007 at 04:16 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
Originally Posted by spr
Jealous?? not really.. I just think you r a douche.. that's all
What's really pathetic is that you actually subscribed this thread..
So you think you are better than EVERYBODY cuz you own a 800hp + 1200lb race car? Good for u then i guess...
Old 06-29-2007, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
^^^
Good one, Fifth!
Old 06-29-2007, 04:18 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by spr
for someone who had no knowledge of the C55 and wanted to seperate the C32/55 forum because he thinks the C55 is completely different than the C32 and now talking about race car is

good luck with getting your straight.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
I've found picture of SPR's race car..

MADD TITE Yo... u go girl!
Old 06-29-2007, 04:39 PM

2002 c32
That's him in the tie-dye I think...
Old 06-29-2007, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Bif powell
That's him in the tie-dye I think...
Entirely possible. This wouldn't be the first case of a precocious child impersonating an a-hole adult online!
Old 06-29-2007, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
This thread has turned hysterical!

What was the original point? Oh yeah, a fun day at a beautiful track with an outstanding automobile. Why do the ******* always have to crap all over everyone else's fun.

Thanks Frank, for reminding me about SPR's idiotic tirade about the splitting of the C32/C55 forum. What a di*k.

Fifth, this guy is giving your profession an even worse reputation (as if that were possible). Is there a special course of study SPR took to have become an "attorney moron"?

Last edited by ScottW911; 06-29-2007 at 07:48 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by ScottW911

Fifth, this guy is giving your profession an even worse reputation (as if that were possible). Is there a special course of study SPR took to have become an "attorney moron"?

I am willing to bet that he was teaching the course. Remember, he has nothing left to learn in this world!
Old 06-30-2007, 05:31 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by ScottW911
This thread has turned hysterical!

What was the original point? Oh yeah, a fun day at a beautiful track with an outstanding automobile. Why do the ******* always have to crap all over everyone else's fun.

Thanks Frank, for reminding me about SPR's idiotic tirade about the splitting of the C32/C55 forum. What a di*k.

I won't be surprised if he doesn't come back to this thread just like he ran away with his tail between the legs in the other thread when he got called out for knowing absolutely nothing.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:57 AM

06 C55
Just another Attorney BILLIONAIRE (posing) trying to make us working class guys feel inferior.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My track day at Mosport