C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Selling RENNtech C32

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 12:52 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeep Liberty
Hey, I didn't realize until just now that I should be celebrating the fact that I became an "Almost a Member" during this discussion. Is somebody going to send me a fruit basket or something? I am kidding!
Old 06-30-2007, 10:21 PM

C32 AMG
Hope you get top dollar. I've had mine for 3 months. Bought it with 62K miles, with Renntech, for $23K, from an Autrotrader private seller.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Almost a Member!

Jeep Liberty
I am back from vacation and had plenty of time to reflect on my decision of parting with my C32.

Let me start by admitting that $30k was optomistic. The guy that wanted it for $28,500 was a flake indeed and was conditional beyond realistic. I did receive a genuine offer for $26,400 for those of you out there looking for values. However, I started thinking more and more about what drove me to purchase the car....actually search for a C32 in the first place. Then I started thinking about my replacement vehicle and realized that I every time I came up with a solution, everybody had one. That's one of the privilages of owning a C32. They are rare and I really appreciate that.

Before I left I had it washed and put 100 octane in it. I have been away from my C32 for 2 1/2 weeks now. There is nothing like a fresh perspective and let me tell you, our cars are very impressive to drive. I felt like I was riding a motorcycle again when I returned. When I left the grocery store last night there were two friends (I didn't know them) in a C230 and BMW Z4 parked next to mine and they were walking around my car admiring it the way I used to at others before I owned one. The difference was I got in and drove away because it's mine.

Long story short, I chickened out of selling my car and am grateful that I did.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Wow, Storm, I can relate to your vacation story. I just returned from 10 days & 2000 miles in my wife's minivan, traveling some of the most technical driving roads in Northern California and Oregon. Getting back into the C32 the next morning was like heaven.

You have made a good choice for some very good reasons.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:23 AM

C32 '02 silver 70K
List of replaced "broken" parts

If you don't mind me asking; which MAJOR items did you have replaced (excl. Mods), i.e.
- IC
- IC pump
- transmission
- radiator
and, at what cost to you?

I travel long ditances several times a year, at HIGH temperatures... want to figure out, what possibly could go wrong.... despite the fact, that my C32 is in prestine condition (+ new brakes, new Behr radiator, new IC pump/all done as a precautionary step - I know, "if it ain't broken, don't fix it..."; I did it anyway). Choices: rent for long trips, take the wife's MiniVan (see above comment lol, buy new...).
Old 07-14-2007, 05:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 S500, 05 Jeep GC, 06 Acura TL, 04 BMW 530i, 98 Jag xk8,
Originally Posted by StormC32
I disagree, I just did an any distance search (nationwide) on autotrader online. There are 93 C32's nationwide listed between $20k-$40k dollar value. Look at the bottom of the autotrader page for these results.

Highest price: $38,500
Lowest Price: $20,885
Average Price: $27,339

17 of them alone on the first page are between $27,000 and $37,000. Not to argue, but clearly these are facts using the source you mentioned.

Love your car man. but do you honestly think someone would pay even 35k for a c32 AMG when you can get a c55 for 36.9 with 29k
Old 07-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Almost a Member!

Jeep Liberty
Originally Posted by Riffyb
Love your car man. but do you honestly think someone would pay even 35k for a c32 AMG when you can get a c55 for 36.9 with 29k
Thanks. I won't take the bait, as mentioned I decided not to sell after all.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:01 PM
Almost a Member!

Jeep Liberty
Originally Posted by uweb
If you don't mind me asking; which MAJOR items did you have replaced (excl. Mods), i.e.
- IC
- IC pump
- transmission
- radiator
and, at what cost to you?

I travel long ditances several times a year, at HIGH temperatures... want to figure out, what possibly could go wrong.... despite the fact, that my C32 is in prestine condition (+ new brakes, new Behr radiator, new IC pump/all done as a precautionary step - I know, "if it ain't broken, don't fix it..."; I did it anyway). Choices: rent for long trips, take the wife's MiniVan (see above comment lol, buy new...).
Sorry, didn't see your question. Ah, none and none. All has been cared for, maintained and temperature tested at the time of dyno's. Everthing is good.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Almost a Member!

Jeep Liberty
Originally Posted by ScottW911
Wow, Storm, I can relate to your vacation story. I just returned from 10 days & 2000 miles in my wife's minivan, traveling some of the most technical driving roads in Northern California and Oregon. Getting back into the C32 the next morning was like heaven.

You have made a good choice for some very good reasons.
Thanks,

Mine was a 2007 Chevy Malibu. I thought I was going to get killed getting on the freeway several times. Car just could not get out of it's own way fast enough.