C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

* secondary Air injection pump problem *

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amg C32
* secondary Air injection pump problem *

I need some help guys, I tried and search thr the site but nothing came up about my problem? make the long story short another problem with the C32. On my way back from sf yesterday my CEL went on, I went straight to my friends shop run a OBDII tester. It says secondary Air injection pump maulfunction, I read coupe of the topics on the board, but nothing about how to change or install the SEC AIR pump? My Qs is, is it a big job? do i need to change some kind of relay? I read something about ppl have to change their relay& air pump. Any advise or help would be greatly appreciated * I just changed out my IC pump last weekend and now another air pump or relay OMG i thought my 2001 C320 was bad.

On the OBD II tester says Sec air injection system P0410, Does anyone know what's the part number for the AIR PUMP & RELAY possibly price
Thanks for looking -

Last edited by Eurowow; 07-05-2007 at 08:33 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not an AMG :(
Originally Posted by Eurowow
.....On the OBD II tester says Sec air injection system P0410.....
Check and make sure the hose is attached properly first. I had the same code recently (P0410) and it turned out that the hose became disconnected.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:50 PM

Amg C32
hose ?

do you know where is it located ? sorry when it comes with BENZ i dont know where anything is at
Old 07-05-2007, 09:51 PM

Amg C32
hose ?

do you know where is it located ? sorry when it comes with BENZ i dont know where anything is at * I notice the TEMP is going up when i'm dead stop in traffic !!! its almost around 97-98ish... Does this air pump has anything to do with it ?
Old 07-05-2007, 11:12 PM

Amg C32
thanks

thanks for the Pm , I found a thread about the part number, but noone has a thread about replacing the DAMM SEC AIR PUMP AND RELAY !!! I can see the pump should be easy to replace i think, but where the hell is the RELAY LOCATED ?
Old 07-06-2007, 12:33 AM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
shoot me your email and i can send you a pic of what it looks like...it is located in the fuse box under the hood...
Old 07-06-2007, 08:50 AM
Almost a Member!

2002 C32/2007 S320/2007 P 911 TurboS/2006 Pagani Zonda C12F/2007 Ferrari F430/2007 Bentley Arnage T
Air Relay/IC Pump

Hey Mate,

I assume u have a cf32, not a c320 ? If u have a C32, especially a 2002, then the air relay is in fact a product recall, when did u last get it serviced by mercedes ?? should have picked this up. The only bad news is though, when you change the air relay is does cause the IC pump to malfunction and pack up, now if you just changed the IC pump, b4 the air relay, then u gonna have problems, cos they are linked, and it is most likely shortly after fitting the air relay the IC pump will pack in again, irrespective whether its new or not ! I am picking my car car up from mercedes tomorrow in fact, just had the air relay replaced via the product recall, and following a test drive the IC pump has required replacing as well.

Because you have fitted the IC pump, it has thrown out the air relay, its best to stick to main dealers with these AMG's, cos working via independant garages and DIY, just cause these problems, and cause just more expense than a main dealer in the first place, to be honest main dealers are usually quite fair and more cost effective in the long term !!

Mercedes know that the Air Relay need replacing (hence product recall) and they know to do the recall first, then the IC pump.
Search this forum in detail, you will find details on the product recall, inc chassis codes and also details on the IC pump.

You may have to search a little, though, as this is an old problem, back 2 years ago, and these are now old car's, so its not something people are discussing on this forum today!
Old 07-06-2007, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
This is an Emissions problem which carries a 8 year 80k mile warranty. If you are under the 80k miles you might want to just have the dealer do it for free. Other wise start by replacing the relay.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:20 AM

2003 C32 AMG & 2009 CTS-V
Originally Posted by c32AMGUK
Hey Mate,

I assume u have a cf32, not a c320 ? If u have a C32, especially a 2002, then the air relay is in fact a product recall, when did u last get it serviced by mercedes ?? should have picked this up. The only bad news is though, when you change the air relay is does cause the IC pump to malfunction and pack up, now if you just changed the IC pump, b4 the air relay, then u gonna have problems, cos they are linked, and it is most likely shortly after fitting the air relay the IC pump will pack in again, irrespective whether its new or not ! I am picking my car car up from mercedes tomorrow in fact, just had the air relay replaced via the product recall, and following a test drive the IC pump has required replacing as well.

Because you have fitted the IC pump, it has thrown out the air relay, its best to stick to main dealers with these AMG's, cos working via independant garages and DIY, just cause these problems, and cause just more expense than a main dealer in the first place, to be honest main dealers are usually quite fair and more cost effective in the long term !!

Mercedes know that the Air Relay need replacing (hence product recall) and they know to do the recall first, then the IC pump.
Search this forum in detail, you will find details on the product recall, inc chassis codes and also details on the IC pump.

You may have to search a little, though, as this is an old problem, back 2 years ago, and these are now old car's, so its not something people are discussing on this forum today!
This is correct. I recently went thru this when my S/C would go AWOL on me. They replaced my Air Injection Pump as a warranty (recall),... never did fix the problem. I took it back and then they replaced pullies and clutchs,... still no fix. The third visit they finally replaced the I/C pump,... which after reading many threads in here, I suspect was the root of the problem in the first place. The tech told me that for my model year replacing one dictates replacing other parts as well, the I/C pump prolly is one of these. They also replace two control modules,... not sure of their function thoo! Be blames my many visits on how the procedures were written to deal with the issue. In the end, he confirmed c32AMGUK's comment,... replace one and you gotta replace other stuff in the loop.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:12 PM

Amg C32
THank you

THank you - all for all the information, My car is a 2002 C32 - bought from Northern califorina AUTOBHAN MOTORS BELMONT, I will bring the car to sales director when he comes back from vacation. As for now i will order a Relay to see if it helps the problem !!! *thanks again everyone for the comments and giving me fee backs on what to do * Grealty appreciated *

B Sue

Last edited by Eurowow; 07-06-2007 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Almost a Member!

2002 C32/2007 S320/2007 P 911 TurboS/2006 Pagani Zonda C12F/2007 Ferrari F430/2007 Bentley Arnage T
Hi

Hey, No worries, its a simple fix once u know how, its just getting the right people to fix it thats the problem, its such a tough diagnoses to fix, but after our experiences, u know what the problem is, direct your dealerships to this site, there is 100's of owners who have encountered the same problems as you !!

Good Luck Dude !!!!!!
Old 07-06-2007, 10:36 PM

Amg C32
Thanks

Originally Posted by c32AMGUK
Hey, No worries, its a simple fix once u know how, its just getting the right people to fix it thats the problem, its such a tough diagnoses to fix, but after our experiences, u know what the problem is, direct your dealerships to this site, there is 100's of owners who have encountered the same problems as you !!

Good Luck Dude !!!!!!
Thank you so much for the info again !!! If it was not for this site, i would of been screw !!!
Thanks again MBWORLD.ORG and Fellow members .

B sue