Good Dealerships in Houston

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Good Dealerships in Houston

So I'm about to take my car for my seat problem to a dealership and I was wondering where people have had good experiences with the dealers. I did a search, but I did not come up with anything in particular. I still have the starmarked warranty so I want to go to a place that will fix it under my warranty if that is possible. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
www.mbsugarland.com
Old 07-18-2007, 02:49 PM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i don't know where you live in houston, but Alex Rodriguez Mercedes has great service...talk to Derek Hightower

they will provide a free loaner as well...

i have not dealt with any of the other dealerships in town...
Old 07-18-2007, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1981 300SD TurboDiesel, 1982 300D TurboDiesel
I don't know what part of Houston you're in, but there are five local dealers.

Mercedes-Benz North (I-45 North and FM 1960) Northside
Alex Rodriguez Mercedes-Benz (I-45 South in League City) Southside
Star Motor Cars (Katy Rd. just west of Hempstead Rd.) Westside
Mercedes Benz of Sugar Land (US 59 and Hwy 6) Southwest side
Greenway Mercedes-Benz (US 59 between Buffalo Speedway and Weslayan) Greenway Plaza/Galleria Area

Last edited by H-townbenzoboy; 07-18-2007 at 03:19 PM.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32/C55 AMG
I live closer to the dealer off of i45, but the service is mediocre at best, I just want to know who has the best service and who I can trust.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:12 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by loudandheard
I live closer to the dealer off of i45, but the service is mediocre at best, I just want to know who has the best service and who I can trust.
well, trust is a relative word among stealerships...
Old 07-19-2007, 09:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 Designo 030
If I were you, I'll buy the parts online myself and then take it here:

http://www.europeanstarmotors.com/mercedes.htm

They are located in Spring. I've dealt with them before and they are honest.

I've visited every single MB dealer in Houston and they all have to go back to Customer Service 101.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32/C55 AMG
Originally Posted by ///AMG4EVER
If I were you, I'll buy the parts online myself and then take it here:

http://www.europeanstarmotors.com/mercedes.htm

They are located in Spring. I've dealt with them before and they are honest.

I've visited every single MB dealer in Houston and they all have to go back to Customer Service 101.
I've been there before with a previous mercedes and they did a good job on it. The only thing that got me was the fact that they wanted to charge me about 3k to fix a $20 part. Apparently there is leak that forms in the back of the dash on some part for the a/c. I had them refill the the ac compressor and it worked for close to two years. I just didn't feel like I was a valued customer when I went there, but they did do good work and at reasonable prices. I don't think they do warranty work.

My key got stuck one day in the ignition of my car in my 202 and would not come out. I had the car towed to the nearest dealership, which was the one off of I45 and 1960. They had to replace the whole ignition and key. When I got the car back, they did not install the obdII plug correctly and the dash under my steering wheel never fit correctly again. So I don't want to take it to them.

I've heard good things about star motors, but I wanted to hear opinions from every one else that has a c32.

///AMG4EVER I was looking on ebay and found a seat control module for around $170 shipped, not sure if it works for all the w203 models, but check it out
Ebay seat control module
Old 07-19-2007, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 Designo 030
Don't purchase that one. That's the passenger side, not the driver's.

1) Go to this website:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...?siteid=213951

2) Write down PN 2118704726 for the Left Module - It's $215.28 new

If you type 2118704626, you'll see that's the passenger's module and you can get it at $152.10 if you need to.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:54 PM

09 GL 550, 08 BMW X5 4.8, 05 C55 AMG, 05 GSX-R1000 (sold), Denali XL (sold)
Hello everyone,

Not new to the forum, but this is my first reply. I use ARod MB in League City. To date, I am very happy with them.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32/C55 AMG
Originally Posted by AMG DUDE
Hello everyone,

Not new to the forum, but this is my first reply. I use ARod MB in League City. To date, I am very happy with them.
What kind of repairs did you have done. I'm just wary after I saw how the dealership gave me back my 202, I showed it them and they were like what? The dash pad underneath had a crease in it where it seemed like the guy was having a hard time pulling it off and then the worse part was it just hung there and did not fit snugly. I surely don't want a simple repair to have such consequences.

On a lighter not, I love my car probably more than anything else and I am very addicted to it. I was wondering if there were any meets in houston, I may even want to check out the dragstrip some time. Thanks everyone for the responses. I'll keep everything in mind when I go to the dealer.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:53 PM

09 GL 550, 08 BMW X5 4.8, 05 C55 AMG, 05 GSX-R1000 (sold), Denali XL (sold)
I have only had one common problem repaired through Alex Rodriquez. It was a leaking transmission o-ring. It was a very pleasant experience. The parts guys, Terry and Joe, are very cool.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Out of Greenway and Mercedes North and Sugar Land, Sugar Land has the best... but it still sucks overall. They are working on it though.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:08 PM

'08 CLS63
been to arod several times and the service has ALWAYS sucked! i've been waiting for 2 months for a new headlight and i had to call them to get it ordered since they forgot to do it...just one of the problems.

the best hands down is the sugarland dealership. i live in friendswood so arod is closer but if you want the best service...sugarland.

john
Old 07-20-2007, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 Designo 030
I go to A-Rod as well. I've had good service so far, they come and pick my car up with a loaner. The parts guy (Joe) is cool. As far as "knowledge", the SAs have no clue about cars in general... things like: "I didn't know there was a C32 amg"... The service manager offered me a job the last time I explained him how the SC will shut down after high IAT readings. I'm dead serious.

There was this SA that is no longer there who advised to replace the complete NAV unit... then I said, man! Is there a cheaper option than $1,500? SA: mmm yes, call this number and tell him I sent you but don't say anything around here... I called this radio place and they fixed the problem for $25. That's why they are named Stealerships.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32/C55 AMG
Originally Posted by ///AMG4EVER
I go to A-Rod as well. I've had good service so far, they come and pick my car up with a loaner. The parts guy (Joe) is cool. As far as "knowledge", the SAs have no clue about cars in general... things like: "I didn't know there was a C32 amg"... The service manager offered me a job the last time I explained him how the SC will shut down after high IAT readings. I'm dead serious.

There was this SA that is no longer there who advised to replace the complete NAV unit... then I said, man! Is there a cheaper option than $1,500? SA: mmm yes, call this number and tell him I sent you but don't say anything around here... I called this radio place and they fixed the problem for $25. That's why they are named Stealerships.
lol, ****** stealerships. Yeah, I just want my new baby to be well taken care of. I wonder if they would give me the part and let me install it myself, I know I would be a lot more careful then the techs, kind of sad imo. Does anyone know how difficult it is to replace the module?
Old 01-11-2008, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32/C55 AMG
Well, so far I have had a an "experience" with the service at the dealer(Star Motor Cars). I took the vehicle to them to fix an erradic turn signal problem and they gave me back the vehicle with out fixing any of the problems I mentioned to them.

The guy didn't ever update me on the vehicle being done and I had to call him. Well, needless to say he gives me a call around 4 or 5 right before the dealer was going to close and in the middle of traffic time in Houston. I never make it on friday to pick up my car. So I had to pick up the vehicle on saturday and there are no advisors. The car has the same problem as it had when it came in, the receptionist informs me that this is not the first time this has happened and that they shouldn't let customers pick up their cars on saturday. I guess she's tired of hearing the complaints, lol. I already turned in the rental, which was charging me $30 a day and I take my car with me. The situation sucks because I can't drive the car with a turn signal that's always on. .

I bring it back and they have it for another two weeks. In the mean while I figured I could use my own insurance instead of paying an extra $25 a day for a rental. I had a minivan for about two weeks, that was an awesome experience, lol. Well, I get the car back and they charge me for a part to fix the fogging of the windshield, which they wouldn't cover under warranty. The next day I noticed that the driver seat back cover is hanging. Apparently some one had used some double sided tape to fix it and it must have come off with the heat. So I take it back and they say that they never had to touch that part, although they had to take care of a problem with the head rest, seemed like too much of a coincidence. So apparently a plastic tab is replaced and they fix it. They then charge me about $60 to repair the tab, labor + the cost of the part. I figured for all the trouble they put me through they could have atleast covered the expense, which I really think that they messed up in the first place.

I would give Star Motor Cars a C+. The guy was ok to talk to, but I didn't really feel like I was his priority. Didn't fix the problem the first time around, but fixed it the next. Took them close to 3 weeks total to fix the problem. They have rentals at $5 a day for a max of two weeks. Only problem that I have had that reoccured is the alarm is not working again.

So I managed to bang up my suspension pretty bad going over some bad roads. So I figured it couldn't be that bad and I took it to European Star Motors to have it looked at. A few hours later I give them a call because they didn't give me a call, I should have realized from that point that I was going to have problems. Needless to stay the damage was going to be expenisve and I had to get the insurance involved. They take almost two months to fix the car and that's not including the time over the holidays.

I finally get the car back and what do I notice, he managed to purchase and put on the wrong size rim on my car. The rear rim was damaged and it was decided we would be best off with a new one, but I guess he didn't know that I had 18" amg rims and not 17". Not sure how you could miss that especially when all the rims look the same except for that one. He has the front rims refinished and they don't match the rear rims, go figure. I guess I'll have to deal with that. So I take it back and talk to the guy and he's dumbfounded as to how all this could have happened. He even goes as far to tell me that he hardly made any profit on the job and that I would need to work some sort of deal out with him. I spoke to the insurance company about the problem and his tune changed. The guy has a change of heart and is willing to take responsibility for his actions. Now I have to wait another month for my new rim to come in.

Well, I drive over to 1FASTC32's shop, real nice guy and very knowledgable, to have him look at my bixenon. Well, we fix the problem and I have him test drive my car. He notices that that there's some thing wrong with the rear end as if it were loose. The driver's side rear tire moves slightly when he got on the car and there was a noticable sound. We take it back to his shop and notice that that the shop forgot to put a bolt on the upper control arm. I drove all the way from spring to clearlake, like that. I was fortunate nothing bad happened. Erick takes a good hour or two out of his time and helps me out. He fixes my bixenon and was able to find a bolt to put on my car to get me on my way. If you ever need help with any thing, 1FASTC32 (Erick) is the guy to go to. His shop is the only place that I've had a good experience at. Thanks again Erick.

I Take it back to the other shop and they just replace the bolt that we used with a hardened one and not the factory bolt. The guys says that it should be fine. Ok, every thing so far is ok and I'm waiting for my rim. I'm on my way to work and I start noticing that my front passenger rim feels as if it's flat. I pull over and it was going flat. I couldn't believe it. Luckily I have the little mercedes compressor in the trunk to reinflate the tire. Inspect the tire and go on my way. I always carry a tire pressure monitor and figured if I check it before I get in and make sure the tire is properly inflated. Another week passes and I finally take the car to European Star Motors. The rim is finally in, but the rim that was leaking has barely been taken to the place to be fixed. So I'm out with out a car again. The guy tells me it should be ready to go monday night if not early on tuesday. So I figured the car will be ready late tuesday. Now I'm hoping that the alignment is done properly and that I will finely be free of this shop. On top of all that my hood shocks came back not working and they say it's a wear and tear item. I guess they weren't aware that they were the ones that caused the wear and tear.

I do not have the car back yet so it's hard to rate my experience with them. All I know is that it took 3+ months to have the car finished and I'm still waiting for it to be done. The car is coming back with two problems that it did not have to begin with, different colored front rims and hood shocks that don't work. I really hope the alignment turns out ok. I will Give them a D+ because they managed to fix some problems, but managed to cause some too. Plus they have subpar customer service and they take forever.

I have some new problems that I have to have addressed at the dealership under warranty. Leaking transmission, alarm siren does not work, seat modules are draining the battery, heated seats are not working, engine pulleys making noise, heater is not blowing, and auto randomly turns off on the a/c control unit. I don't want to go back to Star motor cars because the service wasn't what I was expecting, but they gave out loaners for ok prices. I already had a bad experience with MB North and they don't want to give me a loaner because my car does not have the original 4 year warranty.

I need to find a place that will do good work and give out loaners. I want to try out Alex Rodriguez Mercedes-Benz, but that's more than an hour away from me. So I guess my best bet is going to be Mercedes Benz of Sugar Land or Greenway Mercedes-Benz. Does anyone have any experience with these dealers and do you know if they do loaners?
Old 01-11-2008, 10:50 PM

ML320
alex rodriguez will pick up and deliver anywhere in texas or out of state, and give you a loaner to drive, they try to make as pleasant as they can. Any time you need your car repaired it is always a inconvenience though. But it sure helps not having to even go to the dealer they come to you.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:20 PM
SPONSOR

Well, so far I have had a an "experience" with the service at the dealer(Star Motor Cars). I took the vehicle to them to fix an erradic turn signal problem and they gave me back the vehicle with out fixing any of the problems I mentioned to them.

The guy didn't ever update me on the vehicle being done and I had to call him. Well, needless to say he gives me a call around 4 or 5 right before the dealer was going to close and in the middle of traffic time in Houston. I never make it on friday to pick up my car. So I had to pick up the vehicle on saturday and there are no advisors. The car has the same problem as it had when it came in, the receptionist informs me that this is not the first time this has happened and that they shouldn't let customers pick up their cars on saturday. I guess she's tired of hearing the complaints, lol. I already turned in the rental, which was charging me $30 a day and I take my car with me. The situation sucks because I can't drive the car with a turn signal that's always on. .

I bring it back and they have it for another two weeks. In the mean while I figured I could use my own insurance instead of paying an extra $25 a day for a rental. I had a minivan for about two weeks, that was an awesome experience, lol. Well, I get the car back and they charge me for a part to fix the fogging of the windshield, which they wouldn't cover under warranty. The next day I noticed that the driver seat back cover is hanging. Apparently some one had used some double sided tape to fix it and it must have come off with the heat. So I take it back and they say that they never had to touch that part, although they had to take care of a problem with the head rest, seemed like too much of a coincidence. So apparently a plastic tab is replaced and they fix it. They then charge me about $60 to repair the tab, labor + the cost of the part. I figured for all the trouble they put me through they could have atleast covered the expense, which I really think that they messed up in the first place.

I would give Star Motor Cars a C+. The guy was ok to talk to, but I didn't really feel like I was his priority. Didn't fix the problem the first time around, but fixed it the next. Took them close to 3 weeks total to fix the problem. They have rentals at $5 a day for a max of two weeks. Only problem that I have had that reoccured is the alarm is not working again.

So I managed to bang up my suspension pretty bad going over some bad roads. So I figured it couldn't be that bad and I took it to European Star Motors to have it looked at. A few hours later I give them a call because they didn't give me a call, I should have realized from that point that I was going to have problems. Needless to stay the damage was going to be expenisve and I had to get the insurance involved. They take almost two months to fix the car and that's not including the time over the holidays.

I finally get the car back and what do I notice, he managed to purchase and put on the wrong size rim on my car. The rear rim was damaged and it was decided we would be best off with a new one, but I guess he didn't know that I had 18" amg rims and not 17". Not sure how you could miss that especially when all the rims look the same except for that one. He has the front rims refinished and they don't match the rear rims, go figure. I guess I'll have to deal with that. So I take it back and talk to the guy and he's dumbfounded as to how all this could have happened. He even goes as far to tell me that he hardly made any profit on the job and that I would need to work some sort of deal out with him. I spoke to the insurance company about the problem and his tune changed. The guy has a change of heart and is willing to take responsibility for his actions. Now I have to wait another month for my new rim to come in.

Well, I drive over to 1FASTC32's shop, real nice guy and very knowledgable, to have him look at my bixenon. Well, we fix the problem and I have him test drive my car. He notices that that there's some thing wrong with the rear end as if it were loose. The driver's side rear tire moves slightly when he got on the car and there was a noticable sound. We take it back to his shop and notice that that the shop forgot to put a bolt on the upper control arm. I drove all the way from spring to clearlake, like that. I was fortunate nothing bad happened. Erick takes a good hour or two out of his time and helps me out. He fixes my bixenon and was able to find a bolt to put on my car to get me on my way. If you ever need help with any thing, 1FASTC32 (Erick) is the guy to go to. His shop is the only place that I've had a good experience at. Thanks again Erick.

I Take it back to the other shop and they just replace the bolt that we used with a hardened one and not the factory bolt. The guys says that it should be fine. Ok, every thing so far is ok and I'm waiting for my rim. I'm on my way to work and I start noticing that my front passenger rim feels as if it's flat. I pull over and it was going flat. I couldn't believe it. Luckily I have the little mercedes compressor in the trunk to reinflate the tire. Inspect the tire and go on my way. I always carry a tire pressure monitor and figured if I check it before I get in and make sure the tire is properly inflated. Another week passes and I finally take the car to European Star Motors. The rim is finally in, but the rim that was leaking has barely been taken to the place to be fixed. So I'm out with out a car again. The guy tells me it should be ready to go monday night if not early on tuesday. So I figured the car will be ready late tuesday. Now I'm hoping that the alignment is done properly and that I will finely be free of this shop. On top of all that my hood shocks came back not working and they say it's a wear and tear item. I guess they weren't aware that they were the ones that caused the wear and tear.

I do not have the car back yet so it's hard to rate my experience with them. All I know is that it took 3+ months to have the car finished and I'm still waiting for it to be done. The car is coming back with two problems that it did not have to begin with, different colored front rims and hood shocks that don't work. I really hope the alignment turns out ok. I will Give them a D+ because they managed to fix some problems, but managed to cause some too. Plus they have subpar customer service and they take forever.

I have some new problems that I have to have addressed at the dealership under warranty. Leaking transmission, alarm siren does not work, seat modules are draining the battery, heated seats are not working, engine pulleys making noise, heater is not blowing, and auto randomly turns off on the a/c control unit. I don't want to go back to Star motor cars because the service wasn't what I was expecting, but they gave out loaners for ok prices. I already had a bad experience with MB North and they don't want to give me a loaner because my car does not have the original 4 year warranty.

I need to find a place that will do good work and give out loaners. I want to try out Alex Rodriguez Mercedes-Benz, but that's more than an hour away from me. So I guess my best bet is going to be Mercedes Benz of Sugar Land or Greenway Mercedes-Benz. Does anyone have any experience with these dealers and do you know if they do loaners?
Albert,

glad to help anytime, i just hope that you get your car sorted out...

Call Alex Rod Mercedes and ask for Juan, he is a Service Advisor there, tell him i sent you. He will take good care of you...just tell him what you have been dealing with and about your warranty situation and i am sure he will be more than happy to help.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:38 AM

C32 AMG
+1 for Erick being the best guy to go to for anything!

I have been to MB north because its the closest to me and they did great work in great time. It was just a regular service but they had my car back to me the same day and were glad to take me home and pick me up when it was done. Got to ride in a new R class... not as bad as I had thought.

Hope all gets working... I hate dealing with mechanics for anything and totally feel you on your "headaches"
Old 01-12-2008, 10:53 AM

2006 Mercedes C55 AMG

I applaud you for not going sniper on their a@@es. I would have been through the roof!
Old 01-12-2008, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32/C55 AMG
Originally Posted by slowrey
I applaud you for not going sniper on their a@@es. I would have been through the roof!
I try to be patient, but you can only have so much patience. Had I not had another vehice to use in the mean time, I definitely would have done that. I've owned the car for only 6 months and the car has been in his shop for half the time. I should have him pay my car note because he's had it as much time as I have.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts
C63 coupe, Z3M Roadster garage queen
My idler puller failed and left me with no alternator, power steering or water pump. I limped it into A-Rod the next morning - my first trip to a MB dealership - and Juan took great care of me. They found a replacement, bumped me to the head of the work order list, and had me back on the road very quickly. This has to be the same SA that Erick was recommending.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32/C55 AMG
Originally Posted by zcct04
My idler puller failed and left me with no alternator, power steering or water pump. I limped it into A-Rod the next morning - my first trip to a MB dealership - and Juan took great care of me. They found a replacement, bumped me to the head of the work order list, and had me back on the road very quickly. This has to be the same SA that Erick was recommending.
I'll be giving him a call tomorrow if I get my car back. He's the mostly highly recommended SA in Houston based on this thread.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:34 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by zcct04
yup, that is him...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Good Dealerships in Houston