Thumbs Up -- EBC Yellow Stuff Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 09:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Thumbs Up -- EBC Yellow Stuff Brake Pads

I've got a week of use on my EBC Yellow Stuff brake pads, and so far so good. They are advertised as a street-capable pad that it also able to withstand track use. In the overall EBC product line, only the "Blue Stuff" is more heat-resistant.

I've not done any track work, but on the street, they seem very good. Definitely more dust than the EBC RedStuff ceramics, but I'm OK with that. As advertised, the pads offer good initial bite and work like a street pad. Can't wait to see how they handle track use.

There were a few days of baby squealing after break in. Nothing very loud, and it seems to have gone away.

As noted in an earlier post, before installing the rear pads, you MUST grind/sand off some of the top and bottom edges of the pad in order to get them to slide into the caliper. It's a very small amount (basically the thickness of the paint), but critical to getting the pad in.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
PS - Rear bumper black-out mod.

PS: I also painted the lower rear valance indent flat black over the weekend. I like the look. Took all of 20 minute. Jacked up the rear (to give better access), used vinyl tape to make the border (which I put inside the natural lip in the rear bumper) then masking tape. Clean bumper w/ alcohol. Rattle can spray.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Z06, M3, Mini Cooper S. Sold: C55
Keep us posted after some track use. I was looking at these before changing front pads on my C55 but just put in factory pads for the street. I still have my regular Porterfield R4 (not S or E) for the track, but those squeal like a stuck pig. If the yellows are better than stock on the track & don't squeal much that would be a nice find.