C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Different rear dampers for AMG vs non AMG C-Class?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C32 AMG & 2009 CTS-V
Different rear dampers for AMG vs non AMG C-Class?

I recently got my rear shocks replaced under warranty at my dealership along with some front end warranty work. The ride is beginning to feel a little mushy. I'm wondering if there is a difference between AMG rear shocks and non-AMG rear shocks? Anybody got a part # so I can check to see if they just put standard C-Class shocks on my C32? Thanks!
Old 08-01-2007, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
there is a difference...
Old 08-01-2007, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by rlee02135
there is a difference...
Thought so. Like I said, my ride in the back is feeling a lot less stiffer than I'm used to. I've been searching here and other places trying to find the part# for the shocks meant for our C32's so I can check against the part# on my campaign service report. No luck so far,... and I'd like to answer that question before confronting the dealer. I'd like to spare myself any embarrasement if possible.

I went out a little while ago and stuck my head under the rear and they're stamped with H16. Does this mean anything to the informed in here?

Last edited by ericpd; 08-01-2007 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Call another dealer and ask for the specific part #.

MBUSA has the following on their web site:

Do It Yourself. Or Not.
Whether you do your own maintenance work or rely on your authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer or private mechanic to do it for you, the decision to use Genuine Mercedes-Benz Classic Parts is the way to safeguard your vehicle's authenticity. Please contact your authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer or call us at 1-866-MBCLASSIC.

Our Experts Are Here to Help
Don't know the part number for the camshaft on your '67 230 Sedan? That's all right — we do. We can even access your vehicle's original build sheet and other archival data, all free of charge. It's all part of the exceptional customer service you've come to expect from Mercedes-Benz.

Relax — It's Warrantied
Perhaps the most important reason to buy Genuine Mercedes-Benz Parts is that they're backed by the same factory limited warranty* (12 months, unlimited mileage) that covers parts for brand-new Mercedes-Benz vehicles. This industry-leading warranty protects you against defects in materials or manufacture, and provides you with unparalleled peace of mind.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Fifth Ring
Call another dealer and ask for the specific part #.

MBUSA has the following on their web site:

Do It Yourself. Or Not.
Whether you do your own maintenance work or rely on your authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer or private mechanic to do it for you, the decision to use Genuine Mercedes-Benz Classic Parts is the way to safeguard your vehicle's authenticity. Please contact your authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer or call us at 1-866-MBCLASSIC.

Our Experts Are Here to Help
Don't know the part number for the camshaft on your '67 230 Sedan? That's all right — we do. We can even access your vehicle's original build sheet and other archival data, all free of charge. It's all part of the exceptional customer service you've come to expect from Mercedes-Benz.

Relax — It's Warrantied
Perhaps the most important reason to buy Genuine Mercedes-Benz Parts is that they're backed by the same factory limited warranty* (12 months, unlimited mileage) that covers parts for brand-new Mercedes-Benz vehicles. This industry-leading warranty protects you against defects in materials or manufacture, and provides you with unparalleled peace of mind.
Hey Fifth,... were'd you see that? In the Owner's Online section?