C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Evosport Stage 2 C32 AMG vs Bone Stock Magnum SRT-8 (Video)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Haywood
Thanks for posting that!
In fairness to "Haywood" here's our mutual friend Jim K. blowing past me. NOTE, I was not driving (but my instructor was, so that's no excuse) and Jim's driving a fully race-prepped 944 Turbo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgVWH7QXE7A
Old 09-05-2007, 10:19 AM

everything and anything
Typically MB/BMW jackass. SRT-8 POS? Ok, you really know alot about cars. I can afford a MB or BMW. I bought my SRT-8 because of the value, looks and all the great reviews. Go ahead, find a bad review. Is the interior cheaper than a MB or BMW? Definitely. But, who gives a crap. Do you watch TV or sleep in your car? Interior superiority is so overrated. You drive a car because of the performance. It's the best Chrysler ever made and its a blast to drive. The handling is amazing for a 4200lb car. Better than a M5? No, but pretty damn close. But, you wouldn't know that because you are better than me because you drive a BMW. Must be compensating for something small.
So I'm guessing by posting this comment you don't fall under the typical Dodge/Chrysler Jackass?
Old 09-05-2007, 11:08 AM

2005 Crossfire SRT-6
Originally Posted by marc32
So I'm guessing by posting this comment you don't fall under the typical Dodge/Chrysler Jackass?
No, I'm really not. I just get pissed at people calling the car a POS when they've never driven it. I have a ton of respect for many cars. I'll run with anyone on the street for fun. I don't care if I win or lose. A new Z06 wanted to race me at a light in NJ. So, I did. I stayed with him for about 60 ft!!! At the next light, I gave the thumbs up and the guy was really cool. I don't pretend or claim myself as a car expert. I just love cars. It's funny how anyone could be a "Chrysler jackass"? Isn't that an oxymoron? It doesn't have the cache that MB or BMW has. But, it is an amazing vehicle for the money and shouldn't be disrespected. I think that's why we get defensive.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:15 AM

2005 Crossfire SRT-6
Originally Posted by NeverEnough
Damn you SRT-8 S**T Talkers sure do get around...

Since this has been a 2-way PMSing ***** match, I thought I would add a third Dimension...

First off, I have an idea. These same SRT-8 guys have been in my home forum stirring the pot as well. Myself and Haywood have tenatively planned a date to get together at a real track and go at it. Get it on video and put up or shut up...

So, I propose that one of you C32 guys comes on out too. That way we can see who is King Terd of S**T Hill.

Now, considering that I have a C32 engine, I think this would be very interesting. And as far as the guy in the Detroit area claiming to kill SRT-6s on a regular basis, I'm going to have to call BS on that bro. It doesn't even make sense. Same Engine and drivetrain in a car that weighs between 600-700 LESS? Come on, that shouldn't even come down to the driver. The SRT-6 (all things being equal) WILL BE FASTER THAN A C32. I've run mine on the track. I don't really know what it is ultimately capable of putting down, but this is what has done so far...

THE FIRST THING I'LL POINT OUT IS THAT IS WAS 97-98 DEGREES and 90% Humidity at the time. I'm sure Heat Soak was also an issue as I was hot lapping it with out cooing it off or turning the engine off.

13.36 @ 105.19

2.01 60 ft.

That was my last run too. After practicing for about 10 runs, I finally got that time with all the heat. Now, you ALL know how bad these things hate heat. What do you think it would do on a good track in cool weather. I predict 13.00. It ran consistant 13.4s all night until that run.

So, let the Chrysler Bashing continue, eventhough I'm MB's Red Headed Step Child...
NE! Look at you! Coming over here and causing problems by saying that your Crossfire will beat a C32. That would be an interesting race as well.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
It's funny how anyone could be a "Chrysler jackass"? Isn't that an oxymoron?
No, actually, it would be a redundancy!

Seriously, I gotten my wife 4 Chrysler T&C's over the years. They served their purpose well. Looks like well be leasing #5 this May.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by ScottW911
No, actually, it would be a redundancy!

Seriously, I gotten my wife 4 Chrysler T&C's over the years. They served their purpose well. Looks like well be leasing #5 this May.
New T&C looks pretty good. Not much to look at, but amazing features inside.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:34 PM

everything and anything
No, I'm really not. I just get pissed at people calling the car a POS when they've never driven it. I have a ton of respect for many cars. I'll run with anyone on the street for fun. I don't care if I win or lose. A new Z06 wanted to race me at a light in NJ. So, I did. I stayed with him for about 60 ft!!! At the next light, I gave the thumbs up and the guy was really cool. I don't pretend or claim myself as a car expert. I just love cars. It's funny how anyone could be a "Chrysler jackass"? Isn't that an oxymoron? It doesn't have the cache that MB or BMW has. But, it is an amazing vehicle for the money and shouldn't be disrespected. I think that's why we get defensive.
Well its a two way street, if your going to throw a smart *** comment as a Mercedes/Bmw Jackass. Then you shouldn't be too upset with the fact people are responding back to that comment.

So if it's no problem being defensive of what you purchased, why would it be any different for the people who bought their Mercedes? Someone came to a Mercedes forum and dissed the owners here. Hell did you really think that you guys were not going to get a response?

As for your car.....I really don't care for it, but thats just me. I think Dodge/Chrysler made a good job of it. They gave the consumer in that market a decent value for there dollar. Bottom line is it's your money, you decide how you want to spend it. As for myself if I like the European cars and suv's. As well as I'm partial for Fords. Yes we do pay thru the nose for them. But all and all it's just an opinion

Well since you love your car, why don't you post some pics of your ride....maybe you can convince me to come over to the dark side
Old 09-05-2007, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
OMG would one of you try to out run a highway patrol pls.... I want to see who is faster!
Old 09-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by marc32
As for your car.....I really don't care for it, but thats just me. I think Dodge/Chrysler made a good job of it.
The 300C is a W210 with 8 different shades of black, grey and plastics -- in the same car.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:31 PM

98 C43, 86 Porsche 951, 98 Volvo S70 T5M
It seems like a lot of SRT8 and R/T owners are very cocky. I don't think people on here are hating, but it is hard to take things said seriously when the claims are so outlandish. i.e. your SRT-8 handles better than a Z06, and pulls a 4.5 0-60.

Also, talking trash against some of the more established members doesn't help. We can all agree that the SRT8 Chryslers are a good deal for the money. However when you are talking about going up against a much lighter car with about the same HP, it isn't suprising that people don't beleive you.

Also, most people could barely buy a well optioned V6 300 for 27K, let alone even an R/T. That is a good deal, but hardly normal. Also, I wouldn't talk smack against a 413 whp DSM. I had one with a 20G and with their traction you wouldn't have a prayer off the line. They weigh almost 1000 lbs less than your 4200lb beast (A CLK63 AMG Black iirc weighs in at 3800 which is 400 lbs lighter than the 300 or Charger) and 413 whp is a ton with low weight and good traction.

As far as handling goes, I've heard lots of very cocky SRT8 and R/T owners who think their cars are miatas. Sorry, but at around 4200 lbs, it is not going to be able to hang with a Z06 (400 or 500 hp version) or any of the other cars you named. I doubt it could out handle a C43 and no prayer against my modified 951 in terms of handling. Its wishful thinking and stuff of urban legend started by Chrysler owners.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C32 AMG - RIP :(
WTF? Where did that come from? I don't recall any SRT8 owners claiming to outhandle ZO6's? Did I miss that somewhere?
Old 09-05-2007, 11:51 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG
I'm concerned. Get your ride checked out, the AMG reputation is counting on it.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:23 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT-6
Originally Posted by DarthCY
It seems like a lot of SRT8 and R/T owners are very cocky. I don't think people on here are hating, but it is hard to take things said seriously when the claims are so outlandish. i.e. your SRT-8 handles better than a Z06, and pulls a 4.5 0-60.

Also, talking trash against some of the more established members doesn't help. We can all agree that the SRT8 Chryslers are a good deal for the money. However when you are talking about going up against a much lighter car with about the same HP, it isn't suprising that people don't beleive you.

Also, most people could barely buy a well optioned V6 300 for 27K, let alone even an R/T. That is a good deal, but hardly normal. Also, I wouldn't talk smack against a 413 whp DSM. I had one with a 20G and with their traction you wouldn't have a prayer off the line. They weigh almost 1000 lbs less than your 4200lb beast (A CLK63 AMG Black iirc weighs in at 3800 which is 400 lbs lighter than the 300 or Charger) and 413 whp is a ton with low weight and good traction.

As far as handling goes, I've heard lots of very cocky SRT8 and R/T owners who think their cars are miatas. Sorry, but at around 4200 lbs, it is not going to be able to hang with a Z06 (400 or 500 hp version) or any of the other cars you named. I doubt it could out handle a C43 and no prayer against my modified 951 in terms of handling. Its wishful thinking and stuff of urban legend started by Chrysler owners.
Man, you are completely way off here. I never said it would handle better than a Z06??? ANY 8 cylinder AMG will destroy a SRT-8. Porsche's would also handle better on a track. I know this and appreciate all that.

But, again, how can you not believe it can do 4.5 0-60 when I posted a picture of a new owner pulling a 4.68 on a stock car? He had the car like a month I think. A simple catback system will allow you do a 4.5. Members who have added SC's, heads, headers, etc. have gotten down to the low 4's. I am totally realistic about what my car can and cannot do. I had fun on the track, but it was evident that the lighter cars were obviously handling better. No surprise there. That's why I'm looking at smaller, quicker car for the track.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man, you are completely way off here. I never said it would handle better than a Z06??? ANY 8 cylinder AMG will destroy a SRT-8. Porsche's would also handle better on a track. I know this and appreciate all that.

But, again, how can you not believe it can do 4.5 0-60 when I posted a picture of a new owner pulling a 4.68 on a stock car? He had the car like a month I think. A simple catback system will allow you do a 4.5. Members who have added SC's, heads, headers, etc. have gotten down to the low 4's. I am totally realistic about what my car can and cannot do. I had fun on the track, but it was evident that the lighter cars were obviously handling better. No surprise there. That's why I'm looking at smaller, quicker car for the track.
You're giving them too much credit bro. There are plenty of AMG V8 cars that the SRT-8 can beat. The C55 with the N/A 5.5L V8 is just one example.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by 1FSTAMG
WTF? Where did that come from? I don't recall any SRT8 owners claiming to outhandle ZO6's? Did I miss that somewhere?
Please look at this:

http://www.onelapofamerica.com/histo...05&res=OVL_CUM

And check out #6.

Then continue reading and seeing how many Vettes (INCLUDING Z06s) were dusted by that SRT-8.

So if they didn't outhandle the Z06s, how else did they do it?
Old 09-06-2007, 03:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C63S,2013 C63 AMG Coupe, 2002 C32 AMG (gone but not forgotten)
Originally Posted by Marc
Please look at this:

http://www.onelapofamerica.com/histo...05&res=OVL_CUM

And check out #6.

Then continue reading and seeing how many Vettes (INCLUDING Z06s) were dusted by that SRT-8.

So if they didn't outhandle the Z06s, how else did they do it?

You have made it very clear to us that the SRT8 is far superior in every way than our C32s. Cool, I can live with that.

But now the assertion that the SRT8 outhandles a Z06? Come on, what's next, SRT8 outflies the space shuttle?

For a while you carried a valid argument. Now you're just making a fool of yourself. You’ve lost all credibility in our eyes. Please sell crazy somewhere else.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by silver_metallic
You have made it very clear to us that the SRT8 is far superior in every way than our C32s. Cool, I can live with that.

But now the assertion that the SRT8 outhandles a Z06? Come on, what's next, SRT8 outflies the space shuttle?

For a while you carried a valid argument. Now you're just making a fool of yourself. You’ve lost all credibility in our eyes. Please sell crazy somewhere else.
Did you read the results? That is from the ONE LAP OF AMERICA event. Do you know what that is?

The PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 GT R Pro, 2019 GT3 RS, 2018 GT3 Touring
Closed.