C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Evosport Stage 2 C32 AMG vs Bone Stock Magnum SRT-8 (Video)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Crossfire SRT-6
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
Read through several pages worth of those claims (4.2-4.5) right here in this thread! Even worse are the SRT8 boards...
Stock? I haven't read this whole thread. I know that we police our own on our sites. People will routinely call others out over skewed numbers. I've seen 4.2-4.5 with mods. Here is an example of what one of our members did stock. Now, you can't argue unless you think Photoshop was involved. Seeing a time of 4.68 (Post #7) from a new owner who is stock should make you believe the capabilities of this car. It's not unthinkable to get to the low 4's with mods.

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/srt...ght=0-60+timer

Last edited by Haywood; 08-30-2007 at 12:18 PM.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:25 PM

CHRYSLER 300 SRT8
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
Yougstown will work

Theres a GRAET seafood resturant there, the Yougnstown CrabShack, and yeah, I think I can swing a Vodka/OJ

EMail me at forcedind@aol to have some fun, btw I will be gone this weekend to Niagra, and Monday is Beaverun open track day, swing by if you get the time

See yeah

PS: They are fast cars, not trying to put them down, I just really hate when someone posts info that REALLY is exaggerated/

Have fun this weekend my friend, I know we will when we meet. Again, Win Loose or draw I alawys like meeting people that like to play

Awesome, I could make sept 15th weekend .....that beaver run open day sounds interesting...might need to take a day off.....maybe we could run there?

And this is will be fun....been reading up on the benz....I'll give it all I got!! You maybe gettin' by me though....In any event...my foot will be mashed against the floorboard!!!....lookin' forward to it....and if you win that race.....

....we could always race to 7 in nineball?!......
Old 08-30-2007, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Haywood
Stock? I haven't read this whole thread. I know that we police our own on our sites. People will routinely call others out over skewed numbers. I've seen 4.2-4.5 with mods. Here is an example of what one of our members did stock. Now, you can't argue unless you think Photoshop was involved. Seeing a time of 4.68 (Post #7) from a new owner who is stock should make you believe the capabilities of this car. It's not unthinkable to get to the low 4's with mods.

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/srt...ght=0-60+timer
Anything is possible with mods and enough money, I don't doubt that at all. Those 0-60 times were STOCK claims however. At least whats posted in this thread by the OP.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML63
Typically MB/BMW jackass. SRT-8 POS? Ok, you really know alot about cars. I can afford a MB or BMW. I bought my SRT-8 because of the value, looks and all the great reviews. Go ahead, find a bad review. Is the interior cheaper than a MB or BMW? Definitely. But, who gives a crap. Do you watch TV or sleep in your car? Interior superiority is so overrated. You drive a car because of the performance. It's the best Chrysler ever made and its a blast to drive. The handling is amazing for a 4200lb car. Better than a M5? No, but pretty damn close. But, you wouldn't know that because you are better than me because you drive a BMW. Must be compensating for something small.
LMAO..

I didn't buy my car to race, although I did make my 335 faster with a chip just for my own fun. I work from home and leased my car for a biz write off and drive 90% in the city. I know enough about cars that I don't want a less that 10mpg hog and I am not fond of dodge or chrysler. I think they are butt ugly.. I am glad you could have had anything you wanted, me too.. I chose the 335i because it had everything I wanted.. smaller engine with turbos, tons of goodies.. I like smaller sc or turbo engines and smaller compact sedans.. I think 6.1 is ridiculous and I am disappointed the new c63 has such a monster NA engine.

You SRT-8 guys kill me.. I have never said I am better than anyone assjockey.. I just think that the chrysler 300 SRT-8, Magnum SRT-8, and Charger SRT-8 are huge ugly cars.. Now the Jeep SRT-8 is a different story..

Compensating for something small.. how cliche.. Did you come up with that on your own?

Now Haywood.. ya blow me?
Old 08-30-2007, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by BILLIARDBRAWLER
Awesome, I could make sept 15th weekend .....that beaver run open day sounds interesting...might need to take a day off.....maybe we could run there?

And this is will be fun....been reading up on the benz....I'll give it all I got!! You maybe gettin' by me though....In any event...my foot will be mashed against the floorboard!!!....lookin' forward to it....and if you win that race.....

....we could always race to 7 in nineball?!......
Hey BilliardBrawler:

Sounds great

I too have been doing some digging, and Yeah, it looks like the Magnums are running alittle bit quicker than the 300's or the charger.

Either way, I know we will have fun

See yeah

PS: I am not that good at nineball, but I am always up for some fun

E-mail me and I will give you my cell, take care my friend, and watch out for blue and white lights, ha, ha
Old 08-30-2007, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
FYI.. this is a MB forum. This forum is to discuss C32/C55 AMG's. This isn't a Dodge or Chrysler forum.

The original poster Marc had a reason to be here and posted relevant info even thought he comes off jerky. Another guy with an SRT-8 came in here with very nice comments and how he just likes to have fun and race.. cool again..

I see that Haywood, AKA troll, came in here and created his profile just to post on this thread and talk smack and call me a jackass.. Why don't you take your *** back to your SRT forum.

I don't need to show respect for your car.. again this isn't an SRT-8 forum.. If you don't like my opinion too bad.. STFU
Old 08-31-2007, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
Well????????
Old 08-31-2007, 05:23 PM

2010 E350 SP / Honda Crosstour / prior vehicles - C32 modded / C300 modded / Lincoln LS modded
c32 slightly faster when stock than srt

I can agree with this. I ran against srt300c on freeway up to 130. I was behind him and had to let off the gas from going up his ***. Raced srt charger. from dead to 50. car lenght ahead. raced srt jeep, smoked it and it was funny he thought he was real fast. Something went very wrong in the video. if you don't beleive me, bring over your srt. a modded c32 should have been 6 to 10 links ahead. oh, i did get spanked by an 07 fort mustang gt. I mean spanked, i can only imagine it had mods, sounded like a beast, and I know how to drive very well.

Originally Posted by MRAMG1
Hey marc:

I don't know what happened in that race, but my brother and his friend have two Chrysler 300's SRT's and I beat them both by about 1-2 car lengths in the quarter. According to Chrysler, the Charger is SLOWER than the 300, don't undserstand that either since they are the same motor, and the charger is lighter, slightly.

Anyway, my BONE stock C32 is the clear winner

Don't be afriad and try them from a Dead stop, remember they are HEAVY

See yeah

Last edited by evanswan; 08-31-2007 at 05:24 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-31-2007, 08:21 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT-6
Originally Posted by amgmark
LMAO..

I didn't buy my car to race, although I did make my 335 faster with a chip just for my own fun. I work from home and leased my car for a biz write off and drive 90% in the city. I know enough about cars that I don't want a less that 10mpg hog and I am not fond of dodge or chrysler. I think they are butt ugly.. I am glad you could have had anything you wanted, me too.. I chose the 335i because it had everything I wanted.. smaller engine with turbos, tons of goodies.. I like smaller sc or turbo engines and smaller compact sedans.. I think 6.1 is ridiculous and I am disappointed the new c63 has such a monster NA engine.

You SRT-8 guys kill me.. I have never said I am better than anyone assjockey.. I just think that the chrysler 300 SRT-8, Magnum SRT-8, and Charger SRT-8 are huge ugly cars.. Now the Jeep SRT-8 is a different story..

Compensating for something small.. how cliche.. Did you come up with that on your own?

Now Haywood.. ya blow me?
Ah, sorry. I'm not into gay acts like yourself. Good luck with your alternative lifestyle. Nice way to contradict yourself. In the other thread, you called the SRT-8 a POS and you think the 6.1 is ridiculous. But, you like the Jeep??? Um, pole smoker, the Jeep SRT-8 has the 6.1L. That's fine that you don't like the style, but how can you then call it a POS? You have a nice car. Love the 335i. But, it's amazing that I posted an actually 0-60 time from a new member who had the car like a month and nobody makes a comment about that? He did 4.68 without any practice. So, again, why don't you believe these cars can't get into the low 4's? That's right. It's not a German car.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C32 AMG - RIP :(
So, again, why don't you believe these cars can't get into the low 4's? That's right. It's not a German car.
Hey dumbass...your SRT8 is more "german car" than you think.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by 1FSTAMG
Hey dumbass...your SRT8 is more "german car" than you think.

I'm not 100% sure but I think (hope) he was being sarcastic. I know for a fact the srt8 is more german than american.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
Ah, sorry. I'm not into gay acts like yourself. Good luck with your alternative lifestyle. Nice way to contradict yourself. In the other thread, you called the SRT-8 a POS and you think the 6.1 is ridiculous. But, you like the Jeep??? Um, pole smoker, the Jeep SRT-8 has the 6.1L. That's fine that you don't like the style, but how can you then call it a POS? You have a nice car. Love the 335i. But, it's amazing that I posted an actually 0-60 time from a new member who had the car like a month and nobody makes a comment about that? He did 4.68 without any practice. So, again, why don't you believe these cars can't get into the low 4's? That's right. It's not a German car.

I like the "looks" of the Jeep and used to have Grand Cherokee. The Jeep is not a huge ugly car. The engine is still ridiculous and of course I know its the same.. My comments about your car being a POS have nothing to do with performance and never stated so.

I also haven't said anything about how fast your box is dip****. I really don't care if it gets in the low 4's..

Why don't you grow up and move along now...
Old 09-01-2007, 03:02 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
My best friend has a Jeep SRT8, I love driving that thing. It's just an engine with awd. That's about it. This was back when i still drove the X5. The X5 was such a better overall car, but for those few seconds where the torque steer is driving the car and you're just a passenger and the soundtrack of an American beast is in your ear drums, I felt like a king drunken with power.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:42 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT-6
Originally Posted by amgmark
I like the "looks" of the Jeep and used to have Grand Cherokee. The Jeep is not a huge ugly car. The engine is still ridiculous and of course I know its the same.. My comments about your car being a POS have nothing to do with performance and never stated so.

I also haven't said anything about how fast your box is dip****. I really don't care if it gets in the low 4's..

Why don't you grow up and move along now...
Man, too bad you don't live on the east coast. I'd love to beat your *** in your 335i. Just raced my friends off the line. After about 70mph, he was 2 car lengths behind me. Not bad for a POS. Moving along...
Old 09-02-2007, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
Man, too bad you don't live on the east coast. I'd love to beat your *** in your 335i. Just raced my friends off the line. After about 70mph, he was 2 car lengths behind me. Not bad for a POS. Moving along...
Does your friend have a Procede or Xede installed on his 335i? It makes a huge difference. Before I got the Xede my c32 was faster than the 335. Not anymore..
Old 09-02-2007, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, C63
wow! i actually took 20 minutes to read all these posts........

what an absolute waste of time! nobody meeting up to race, all this *****-talking, and nothing proven.

LOCK THIS THREAD PLEASE!!!!
Old 09-02-2007, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by OPALW208
wow! i actually took 20 minutes to read all these posts........

what an absolute waste of time! nobody meeting up to race, all this *****-talking, and nothing proven.

LOCK THIS THREAD PLEASE!!!!
58 posts from a NewB and demanding a thread be closed? Jeez!
Old 09-02-2007, 09:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C32 AMG - RIP :(
yeah, pretty sad that those that have been posting for a long time can't tell when a thread needs to be locked or not. Then again, that's probably how your post counts got so high. Internet arguing at it's finest.....

I'm with the "newbie", time to lock this thread.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:53 PM

2003 E55 Blk/Blk
this thread is still going lol...what a waste...we can go again when im home from school and when my car is cool and see what happens...
Old 09-03-2007, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Dean, you b@stard! You didn't check with me about posting my car!!!

Ok, folks, here's the other side of the story. First off, it was my first time with this car on a track. As you said, you couldn't catch me in the straights! I have a mod that completely disables the ESP on the car, so I was still feeling out the turns with no traction control. Not an easy task with a 4200lb beast! If you remember, I eventually went off the track. Specifically, on that turn, I let you and the Ford GT go because you had a better line and my instructor was explaining something to me. I did compliment the hell out of your car. Love the C32. As matter of fact, I'm really close to buying a Crossfire SRT-6 which has that awesome engine. Then, we'll duel again at VIR! How are you brotha?
I think I figured out why you called me Dean. There was a guy there named Dean who drove the STOCK Miata in this video. http://youtube.com/watch?v=LX_4Sx-P6v4

Good driver who shows the benefit of handling over horsepower!
Old 09-03-2007, 07:50 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT-6
Originally Posted by Fifth Ring
I think I figured out why you called me Dean. There was a guy there named Dean who drove the STOCK Miata in this video. http://youtube.com/watch?v=LX_4Sx-P6v4

Good driver who shows the benefit of handling over horsepower!
Thanks for posting that! No doubt, those little Miata's are amazing in the turns. As I said before, I don't think I did that bad my first time out at VIR with a jackass for an instructor to boot. I had some pretty good lines and man those straightaways are fun with a big engine.

To everyone else... just relax. I'm just having some fun here. I love MB's, I loved the C32 and I'll be getting a Crossfire SRT-6 with basically the same engine in it. I then plan to do a RENNtech pulley and ECU upgrade. Should be a blast.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:39 AM

2002 SL500 SL2
Damn you SRT-8 S**T Talkers sure do get around...

Since this has been a 2-way PMSing ***** match, I thought I would add a third Dimension...

First off, I have an idea. These same SRT-8 guys have been in my home forum stirring the pot as well. Myself and Haywood have tenatively planned a date to get together at a real track and go at it. Get it on video and put up or shut up...

So, I propose that one of you C32 guys comes on out too. That way we can see who is King Terd of S**T Hill.

Now, considering that I have a C32 engine, I think this would be very interesting. And as far as the guy in the Detroit area claiming to kill SRT-6s on a regular basis, I'm going to have to call BS on that bro. It doesn't even make sense. Same Engine and drivetrain in a car that weighs between 600-700 LESS? Come on, that shouldn't even come down to the driver. The SRT-6 (all things being equal) WILL BE FASTER THAN A C32. I've run mine on the track. I don't really know what it is ultimately capable of putting down, but this is what has done so far...

THE FIRST THING I'LL POINT OUT IS THAT IS WAS 97-98 DEGREES and 90% Humidity at the time. I'm sure Heat Soak was also an issue as I was hot lapping it with out cooing it off or turning the engine off.

13.36 @ 105.19

2.01 60 ft.

That was my last run too. After practicing for about 10 runs, I finally got that time with all the heat. Now, you ALL know how bad these things hate heat. What do you think it would do on a good track in cool weather. I predict 13.00. It ran consistant 13.4s all night until that run.

So, let the Chrysler Bashing continue, eventhough I'm MB's Red Headed Step Child...
Old 09-04-2007, 08:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
Originally Posted by NeverEnough
Damn you SRT-8 S**T Talkers sure do get around...

Since this has been a 2-way PMSing ***** match, I thought I would add a third Dimension...

First off, I have an idea. These same SRT-8 guys have been in my home forum stirring the pot as well. Myself and Haywood have tenatively planned a date to get together at a real track and go at it. Get it on video and put up or shut up...

So, I propose that one of you C32 guys comes on out too. That way we can see who is King Terd of S**T Hill.

Now, considering that I have a C32 engine, I think this would be very interesting. And as far as the guy in the Detroit area claiming to kill SRT-6s on a regular basis, I'm going to have to call BS on that bro. It doesn't even make sense. Same Engine and drivetrain in a car that weighs between 600-700 LESS? Come on, that shouldn't even come down to the driver. The SRT-6 (all things being equal) WILL BE FASTER THAN A C32. I've run mine on the track. I don't really know what it is ultimately capable of putting down, but this is what has done so far...

THE FIRST THING I'LL POINT OUT IS THAT IS WAS 97-98 DEGREES and 90% Humidity at the time. I'm sure Heat Soak was also an issue as I was hot lapping it with out cooing it off or turning the engine off.

13.36 @ 105.19

2.01 60 ft.

That was my last run too. After practicing for about 10 runs, I finally got that time with all the heat. Now, you ALL know how bad these things hate heat. What do you think it would do on a good track in cool weather. I predict 13.00. It ran consistant 13.4s all night until that run.

So, let the Chrysler Bashing continue, eventhough I'm MB's Red Headed Step Child...
Unless you dropped a C32 motor into your SRT6 it's not the same motor. I think it's cams and tuning that are different also obviously leading to slightly lower hp/tq numbers.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Thanks for posting that! No doubt, those little Miata's are amazing in the turns. .
All in good fun! Well-driven Miatas make us big-HP cars look awful. And they burn 1/2 the gas we burn while doing it.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by NeverEnough
And as far as the guy in the Detroit area claiming to kill SRT-6s on a regular basis, I'm going to have to call BS on that bro. It doesn't even make sense. Same Engine and drivetrain in a car that weighs between 600-700 LESS? Come on, that shouldn't even come down to the driver. The SRT-6 (all things being equal) WILL BE FASTER THAN A C32.

That guy would be me. I know it may be easy to miss details in this thread since there is so much s**t flying, but you missed the part where I mentioned that my C32 was full stage 2+. That means 435HP/420TQ if you believe Evosport's published numbers. Furthermore, I've had more than one Crossfire owner claim in conversation with me that they had the same engine. You should do your homework before saying that too loudly, because there are many differences, all amounting to a lower output in the Crossfire than in the C32 (and the info is readily available). Regardless, I stand by my fully modded C32 walking away from stock SRT-6 Crossfires .

On an unrelated note, I'm finding it humorous that the longest thread regarding my car did not materialize until I sold it - and at the hands of a troll no less!

Last edited by m3_eater; 09-04-2007 at 03:41 PM. Reason: clarity

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evosport Stage 2 C32 AMG vs Bone Stock Magnum SRT-8 (Video)