Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 05:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Just got car back, at the Dealership for 3 WEEKS

this is LONG story

about 3-4 weeks ago, my power steering went out while i was vacationing in pacific beach. filled it up with power steering fluid. it was fine. about every three to four days from then on, i would turn on the car only to hear that dreadful noise it makes when there is no power steering fluid. so, obviously, i figured there was a power steering leak SOMEWHERE. took it in (still covered by warranty) to the dealership. they had it for a week. they had to order some parts. whatever, they installed them (i dont have the list of what they installed with me). then i got the car back

then, 3 days later i hear the noise again from no power steering fluid. im like wtf, i thought they fixed this. call them up, bring in the car. they have it for ANOTHER week. in fact, they told me they had to order some parts from Germany. i couldnt believe it. im not quite sure what some of this stuff is, but here is what they serviced and installed the second time they tried to fix it:

C/S C/S Power Steering Leaking
Seal Ring (1), ORing (1), Hose (1), Ring General (2), Seal Ring (1), Plastic Pipe (1), Installed Q 1 46 0001: (whatever that is) Also says: Leaking from fluid line connection. replaced with updated version.

It is done. I pick it up, drive it home. As soon as I pull into the garage, i hear this dreadful noise when i turned right (there were surprisingly no right hand turns on the way home). I turn the wheel all the way to the right and it sounds like a popping noise. i had no idea what it was, but i was so pissed. I purchased an evosport pulley kit from code3smith (thx btw) and have been unable to install it b/c of all these issues. so i call them up, give them hell. the GM of the place talks to me. they pick up the car after hours and dropped off a rental.

now they had my car for i think 5 or 6 days. i just got it back yesterday. no power steering problems. that popping noise is gone. interestingly enough, i used to have this noise that sounded like it came from the front end (suspension?) for the past 3 yrs that no one was able to fix. that noise was gone (fixed by REPL SWAY BAR LINKS? not sure what that is). i happened to have just looked at the service sheet and here is what it says:

steering box, core change, gasket, hydraulic pump, more seal rings, more genearl rings. "replaced rack, pump, and torque thrust bushings..."ok so they fixed power steering. but there was a second page. i turned it and it said, "ENG: C/S Eng has vibration. Engine mounts collapsed. Replaced Engine and Trans mounts (3).

so did i read that right? my engine mounts collapsed? how the hell does that happen? my buddies tell me that is one pain in the a$$ of a job to do. expensive too. im thankful for that warranty.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IS300
Ouch, sounds like a lot of bad luck
Old 09-22-2007, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 C350 6M
or maybe they needed an excuse to cover up the first repair they screwed up? So they made up the motor/trans mount to be able to charge more to the manufacturer?

Got any good "Rental car abuse" stories? Was the rental car anything decent?

Last edited by blown93lx; 09-22-2007 at 04:22 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by blown93lx
or maybe they needed an excuse to cover up the first repair they screwed up? So they made up the motor/trans mount to be able to charge more to the manufacturer?

Got any good "Rental car abuse" stories? Was the rental car anything decent?
haha...well being that it was in three times, i actually had 3 different rental cars. unfortunately, the first two were not benzes, which i was REALLY pissed about. apparently, they were all out of the mercedes loaners. so the first time it went in, i got an '07 SATURN VUE. yes, a SATURN VUE. what a pos. 4 cylinder, FWD, 170 hp if i remember correctly. i just went on a rampage with that thing. took it off roading (which it really sucked at lol). burned up the tires as much as i could by doing sitting burnouts. that thing was so weak, that it could barely chirp with traction control off and revving it up to 4K at a red light. drove it over some curbs and on some dirt roads as well. not a good off roader at all.

then i got a fully loaded Honda Accord EX '07. This car was actually a lot nicer than i anticipated. power everything, leather seats, sports package, and satellite radio (XM). this car was actually fun. pulled that E-brake a little too much i think .

the last car i got was a '07 C350? or maybe it was a C320? it was a W203 C class that is not an amg but has the amg exhaust tips and the trunk lip from the factory. i didnt really beat up on that thing too much though.