C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C32 spotted at UH Parking Garage (4th floor)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
C32 spotted at UH Parking Garage (4th floor)

I saw a silver C32 there last week (thursday I think). Just wondering if it was anyone on this forum.

-Mike
Old 10-18-2007, 09:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
If this was a month ago on a friday, it might have been me. That was the last time I was at UH. Now if you go to St. Thomas you'll always see me there. We should get together some time or even go to the track. I want to see what my car can do.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:17 PM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by loudandheard
If this was a month ago on a friday, it might have been me. That was the last time I was at UH. Now if you go to St. Thomas you'll always see me there. We should get together some time or even go to the track. I want to see what my car can do.
Nope... I never go to school on fridays. So St. Thomas, I had a friend graduate from there a few years back. Yup we should do a houston area C32/55 meet. Eric and I talked about it a while back. I will be doing the next AutoX (nov 4 I think) if you want to come/participate in that. Pm me if you want some details.

-Mike
Old 10-18-2007, 10:04 PM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Carlos(C32) will be back in town this weekend and i know Clif(C55) said he wants to go out to houston raceway park the next time i go.

we should plan something on a friday night during the first or second friday of november, that way everyone will have plenty of notice...
Old 10-20-2007, 01:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts
C63 coupe, Z3M Roadster garage queen
Originally Posted by 1FASTC32
Carlos(C32) will be back in town this weekend and i know Clif(C55) said he wants to go out to houston raceway park the next time i go.

we should plan something on a friday night during the first or second friday of november, that way everyone will have plenty of notice...
A Friday trip to the strip at Baytown would be interesting!

Anyone else interested in the Nov 4 autocross at the dog track? I'm planning to go if the weather is good. Wasn't really planning to take the C55, but if there's a group going down I could. C55 runs in A-Stock. Anyone know where C32 runs?
Old 10-20-2007, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Originally Posted by zcct04
A Friday trip to the strip at Baytown would be interesting!

Anyone else interested in the Nov 4 autocross at the dog track? I'm planning to go if the weather is good. Wasn't really planning to take the C55, but if there's a group going down I could. C55 runs in A-Stock. Anyone know where C32 runs?
I've been wanting to take my car to the track for quite some time now, but no one that I know goes or I'm too busy.

I've never done autocross, but it seems like it would be fun. I definitely would like to go, I just have to make sure that I don't have anything that will conflict with the date.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts
C63 coupe, Z3M Roadster garage queen
If Houston members are interested in autocross: both C32 and C55 are classed in A-Stock. That class requires a pretty stock car and it also allows racing tires. The Houston SCCA runs what they call Street Tire classes which allow some typical mods and prohibit racing tires. If you're planning to make a hobby of this, the Street Tire class (ST-A) is the better place to be.

The flip side on Nov 4 is that the STA class runs in the morning (registration starts at 7:30.) A-Stock class runs in the afternoon (11:45-12:45 registration) Since we're in this for fun and not for class championship points, since people are unlikely to be able to tell a stock C32 from a modded one, and since nobody is likely to care about mods if you're just an occassional racer, the afternoon A-stock clas may be the best place to be.

The Houston SCCA group welcomes novice autocrossers. They're helpful guys and they try hard to make your first experience fun. Want to make it a group outing?
Old 10-22-2007, 12:06 AM

C32 AMG
I am down for a friday baytown meet sometime in Nov. I have fridays off, so just give me a call or pm me.

As for the Auto-X. I planned to run A-stock but I will look into that ST-A class. I am running some cheapo tires though, which will hurt me a lot, but I am more or less just wanting to push the car to see how it does under stress in a "street" trim. After dec I plan to get some rims/Falcon Azenas(sp?) and go again to see slight improvements. I love SCCA Auto-X, but after my miata (E-stock) blew up, I have not been.

-Mike