C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Rear camber adjustment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear camber adjustment

Have been having problems with slight pull to right and finally had alignment shop determain that they need to adjust rear camber, but can't. I checked with the dealership and the parts guy mentioned a rear camber adjustment kit (part #202-350-01-06) which I have found on line for only $18 a side. I have heard other people on this site say the only way to adjust rear camber is with aftermarket adjustable camber arms at multiple hundred $$ per set. Even my service guy at stealership said he was not aware of rear camber adjustment bolts.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:48 PM
spr
MBWorld Fanatic!

They're the camber bolts. They don't add very much, but you can put them in front or back. They're also refered to as crash bolts.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You can ask Lensolo (member here or mymbonline) for the camber arms. He did a measurement on my car a few months back and should be able to sell you a set depending on whether he has a set in stock.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
You are just going to waste more money having any camber adjustments made to the rear. The rear camber is not going to cause a pull. You are either driving on a road with a crown to it or you are not use to wide low profile tires on a car.

If you still have the stock tire sizes try rotating the rear tire/wheels to the front and fronts to back.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:23 AM

Rear camber adjustment

Due to wider stock wheels/tires on C32, not sure if they would fit up front. Plus, what is this going to prove? Alignment shop tried flipping front tires from one side to the other with not effect. Currently only the right side rear camber is out of spec. It seems to me that in order for car to drive straight, both sides need to have same camber, even if that camber was slightly out of spec. The alignment guys plan is if camber bolts give slight adjustment, to first try to pull right side to within spec. If he can not quite get all he needs, then he could adjust left side slightly out of spec to match the right.

As for being used to extra sensitivity on crowned roads, I used to think that was my problem until I noticed that the front right tire had developed excessive ware on inside edge of tire. Also, if I drive with right crown, the car pulls right, but if on left crown, car goes straight. This problem has gotten worse over time - was very slight 5 years ago, but more noticable now.